Sepultura - Roots
Slayer - Divine Intervention

Pantera - Great Southern Trendkill
Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation
Nocturnus - The Key
In Flames - Reroute to Remain
Slayer - God Hates us All
Mudvayne - The End of All Things to Come
Cryptopsy - ....And Then You'll Beg (not too sure about this one, but its often frowned upon as their worst)

thats all i can think of for now.....

Most are ignored.

Miasma- Changes
Demigod- Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Demilich- Nespithe
Moonblood- Blut und Krieg
Moonblood- Taste Our German Steel
Fleshcrawl- Descend Into the Absurd
Belketre- Ambre Zuetki Vuodrevartre
Disincarnate- Dreams of the Carrion Kind
Golem- Eternity: The Weeping Horizon
Cenotaph- Riding Our Black Oceans
Brutality- Screams of Anguish
Brutality- When the Sky Turns Black
Infester- To the Depths, In Degradation
Hades- The Dawn of the Dying Sun
Demoncy- Within the Sylvan Realm of Frost
Countess- The Return of the Horned One
Nocturnus- The Key
Morpheus Descends- Ritual of Infinity
Seance- Saltrubbed Eyes
Galgeras- Uwer Ter Ere

Enough already, lets just say almost all of my favorites.

Everyone seems to hate 34.788% Complete by My Dying Bride cuz its too "Experimental" or "mainstream". I personally think its a real good album, much better then its predisesor or its follow up...

newer CDs:

Dew Scented - Impact
Destruction - Metal Discharge
Extol - Synergy
Satyricon - Volcano
Aborym - With No Human Intervention
Insision - Beneath The Folds Of Flesh
Fleshcrawl - Soulskinner
Malevolent Creation - The Will To Kill
Monstrosity - Rise To Power

old CDs:

Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Atheist - Elements
Cadaver - In Pains
Invocator - Weave The Apocalypse
Atrocity - Longing For Death
Sinister - Cross The Styx and Hate
Abigor - Nachthymnen

Disgorge - Consume the Forsaken
Devourment - 1.3.8
Dissolving of Prodigy - Time Ruins Also Beauty
Lux Occulta - The Mother & the Enemy
The 3rd and the Mortal - Memoirs
Deinonychus - Mournument
Mental Horror - Proclaiming Vengeance
Hate Forest - The Most Ancient Ones
Master's Hammer - Ritual
Bethlehem - Schatten aus der Alexander Welt

Just a small sample. I don't think people hate them, they just don't know about them. I think many of them are 10 times better than some other bands often appearing on this board.

Naggamanteh said:
Disgorge - Consume the Forsaken
Devourment - 1.3.8
Dissolving of Prodigy - Time Ruins Also Beauty
Lux Occulta - The Mother & the Enemy
The 3rd and the Mortal - Memoirs
Deinonychus - Mournument
Mental Horror - Proclaiming Vengeance
Hate Forest - The Most Ancient Ones
Master's Hammer - Ritual
Bethlehem - Schatten aus der Alexander Welt

Just a small sample. I don't think people hate them, they just don't know about them. I think many of them are 10 times better than some other bands often appearing on this board.

Well, I hate the Devourment and the Disgorge. I hate slam riffs, so I particularly detest Devourment. I'm not into spastic blasting or burped vocals either. The Hate Forest is rather dull and generic, it reminds me of Thor's Hammer. I've avoided most of the others on your list since I doubt they'd be my cup of tea. You should've said "Dictus Te Necare" by Bethlehem, it's a great album.

Demiurge said:
Well, I hate the Devourment and the Disgorge. I hate slam riffs, so I particularly detest Devourment. I'm not into spastic blasting or burped vocals either. The Hate Forest is rather dull and generic, it reminds me of Thor's Hammer. I've avoided most of the others on your list since I doubt they'd be my cup of tea. You should've said "Dictus Te Necare" by Bethlehem, it's a great album.
So what would be your cup of tea? I must confess I have not heard most of the bands on your list. Using my detective skills, my guess would be Lucifugum, Dub Buk, Nokturnal Mortum, Astrofaes, Severnie Vrata, Ashen Light, Temnozor, Gorbalrog.

Naggamanteh said:
So what would be your cup of tea? I must confess I have not heard most of the bands on your list. Using my detective skills, my guess would be Lucifugum, Dub Buk, Nokturnal Mortum, Astrofaes, Severnie Vrata, Ashen Light, Temnozor, Gorbalrog.

It ranges from the works of the great composers to NYDM to true black metal to ambient. I'm partial to the more atmospheric Scandeath groups.

Astrofaes is great.

I like some brutal death, most current brutal bands are neanderthal caricatures of the old NYDM bands though. Plus, they throw in plenty of slam riffs to pander to the mosh kiddies, and induce ennui in experienced listeners I might add. I dislike vocalists who burp the alphabet and find that incessant blasting is insurmountably dull. Disgorge and Devourment are two of the worst offenders.

Demiurge said:
It ranges from the works of the great composers to NYDM to true black metal to ambient. I'm partial to the more atmospheric Scandeath groups.

Astrofaes is great.

I like some brutal death, most current brutal bands are neanderthal caricatures of the old NYDM bands though. Plus, they throw in plenty of slam riffs to pander to the mosh kiddies, and induce ennui in experienced listeners I might add. I dislike vocalists who burp the alphabet and find that incessant blasting is insurmountably dull. Disgorge and Devourment are two of the worst offenders.
I understand some people can't stand incessant blasting. In much the same way, I don't like the infamous Scandinavian melodic death metal.

By the old NYDM you probably mean the likes of Suffocation or Pyrexia. I have respect for those bands but the music didn't stop developing one decade ago. I don't think think the likes of Internal Suffering, Soils of Fate, Pyaemia, Stabwound, Disavowed, and many other are inferior to their predecessors. More importantly (for me), a parallel scene evolved throughout the years in Texas and other states resulting in bands like Saprogenic, Prophecy, Brodequin, Sect of Execration, Waco Jesus, Cinerary, Digorge (Californian), and many other. The vocals you seem to dislike so much are one of the things I like about those bands; either guttural or sick and inhale-ish, they are used as an "instrument" of its own rather than singing that should bear a message. The vocalist on Brodequin sounds like a wind and it is not secret that many of the BDM vocalist use effects to distort the vocals.That is perfectly ok with me, I am not too fond of lyrics and/or death metal screams and growls.

As for the slam riffs, only certain BDM bands use them. I for one could well live without them (the reason I love Devourment is the insane drumming). I believe the bands use them to make the music less monotonous. However, there are other ways around that, the band Wormed being one example.

Oh yeah, I like some ambient too, we have that in common.

Demiurge said:
If you like death, you'd probably enjoy the Miasma, Demilich, Disincarnate, Demigod, Nocturnus, Brutality, Cenotaph, Golem, Infester, Seance, and Morpheus Descends.
I've added them to my "to check out" list, will do so when I get a chance.

For whatever reason i rather enjoy sort of weird industrial metal like, The Kovenant, Tidfall, even Rammstein. And i have to say i really like die krupps and wumpscut, even a few icon of coil songs, but this genre seems ignored by metal fans, and even those freaky goths.

Life Sucks said:
newer CDs:

Dew Scented - Impact
Destruction - Metal Discharge
Extol - Synergy
Satyricon - Volcano
Aborym - With No Human Intervention
Insision - Beneath The Folds Of Flesh
Fleshcrawl - Soulskinner
Malevolent Creation - The Will To Kill
Monstrosity - Rise To Power

old CDs:

Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Atheist - Elements
I think Elements is a great album. Yes, the production does suck, yes, the album is not Unquestionable Presence Part 2, but I think that the point for a band is to move on and make new things, and Atheist did succeed to do that.
Atheist was an inovative band, they always were, and I hope that they will be if they put out something new.