Mikael interview: talking about Peter leaving

ndSinister

Metalist
May 2, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
dont know if u guys have already watched it or maybe it has already been discussed but here it is anyway! :p
The truth revealed. Mikael talking about Peter's contribution to the band... which was basically.... NONE?!:err: Kindda hard words there! I really hope they're still friends.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3tJRs0IoNM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3tJRs0IoNM[/ame]

Wow, that's an honest and emotional interview. I hope Peter and Mikael can come over this and stay friends. Peter seems to be such a talented guy, in many fields, so I hope he doesn't feel too bad about this.

wow, this interview is actually really sad, but i have a magazine where mendez says that they still being good friends, so don't worry about that.

is this the one where mike talks about how peter gave him a tape of licks and mike thought they sucked and didnt bother telling him? that was pretty funny

It's quite an old interview. Anyway, I don't know what was in that tape Mikael rejected but I wouldn't mind having more awesome guitar arrangements like Dirge for November.

Now it came to me that in the old Opeth site both Martins picked "Dirge for November" as their worst song... considering they also called Lindgren's tape "shit", I wonder if there was something subtle between them and Lindgren?

its a damn good interview. not just your average 'what do you think of your new album' kinda shit. but a heart to heart. its strange, alot of other bands cant really pull an interview like that off. but i think theres alot of camaraderie in opeth

That was cool. Kind of bummed me out because I know what it's like to be in a band and no one cares about what I wrote. What I did, I started my own band writing my music with a group of guys who respect it. Playing Opeth music on guitar isn't easy and Peter was an animal at it. I hope the dude still plays guitar at least for himself, I know he does. He has to, you don't play guitar for that many years in a band and just stop. Mike rules too, down to earth honest dude.

yep it's totally sad... I wonder what happened that he decided to reveal it.. I'm afraid that it might be that they are not friends any longer :(

yeah this interview is a few months old. i dont know why u think they arent still friends, mikael made it clear in the interview that he delivered watershed to peter himself and that they still hang out. IMO mikael's best interview, he had every right to tell the truth and peter shouldnt be pissed by this since its the truth.

Touching interview. I feel bad for peter, he brought up some ideas, and because they were turned down he thought opeth didn't need him. Like mike said, 90% of all that he writes is shit after all, and not even all of the good stuff ends up in an album.
Based on peters solos he is very talented at picking up intresting melodies and patterns and i don't think it would be any different with riffing if he put his heart and soul into it.