Most anticipated - 2008

The only reason many bands put out good records is because of Rick Rubin.
Of course not, but Rick Rubin's abilities as a producer (he guarantees a crystal clear, very pure and natural sound) combined with a band like Metallica, who we all know are capable of writing great songs can potentially result in a great record, especially if they go in a somewhat more melodic direction again.
I hope to never hear the new metallica.
That's a narrow-minded statement.
Rick Rubin....did he produce the last slayer record as well?
Accordering to Wikipedia Josh Abraham produced it and Rick Rubin was credited as executive producer. Rick Rubin did produce several other Slayer albums though.

Of course not, but Rick Rubin's abilities as a producer (he guarantees a crystal clear, very pure and natural sound) combined with a band like Metallica, who we all know are capable of writing great songs can potentially result in a great record, especially if they go in a somewhat more melodic direction again.

I know. He just works with everyone and does an incredible job. I should have said that probably.

I'm kinda interested in this new Metallica. I guess I have two confirmed sources on that Hypocrisy - Catch 22 remake. I can't wait for that. I'm sure Peter will make it 100% better.

I know. He just works with everyone and does an incredible job. I should have said that probably.
Ah OK, now I see, I thought you meant it in an ironic way ;)
I'm kinda interested in this new Metallica. I guess I have two confirmed sources on that Hypocrisy - Catch 22 remake. I can't wait for that. I'm sure Peter will make it 100% better.
Why is he re-recording it?

Did you hear the two new songs on youtube?There's nothing good in them except for Kirk's solo leads.Especially when I heard the part wohohoooohoo cowboy vocals in the second song I for the first time accepted that Metallica is over.There's nothing Rick Rubin can do,besides I don't see him as an extra talented producer.He achieved to make Linkin Park even worse,he turned them into a complete gay band.I also think that System of A Down was better before him.Whatever even if he was that talented,a producer can do nothing if the band has lost the ability to write good stuff.

Did you hear the two new songs on youtube?There's nothing good in them except for Kirk's solo leads.Especially when I heard the part wohohoooohoo cowboy vocals in the second song I for the first time accepted that Metallica is over.There's nothing Rick Rubin can do,besides I don't see him as an extra talented producer.He achieved to make Linkin Park even worse,he turned them into a complete gay band.I also think that System of A Down was better before him.Whatever even if he was that talented,a producer can do nothing if the band has lost the ability to write good stuff.
I haven't heard any of those crappy bootleg live recordings on YouTube, I'm not gonna base my opinion on something as unreliable as that.

And Rick Rubin is one the most renowned producers in the world, he produced not only rock/metal bands, but also 'legends' like Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond. He can create such a beautiful pure and clear sound, just listen to any Red Hot Chili Peppers album. You don't have to like the music, but the sound is just incredible, unmatched in purity and clearness.

And what do you mean SoaD was better before Rick Rubin, he produced all their albums...

Anyway, like I said before, I just think that Metallica with a Rick Rubin sound can potentially (I'm not saying it will) have a great result. Metallica's songwriting talents didn't melt like snow for the sun, it's just a matter of what choices they're gonna make.

I haven't heard any of those crappy bootleg live recordings on YouTube, I'm not gonna base my opinion on something as unreliable as that.

And Rick Rubin is one the most renowned producers in the world, he produced not only rock/metal bands, but also 'legends' like Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond. He can create such a beautiful pure and clear sound, just listen to any Red Hot Chili Peppers album. You don't have to like the music, but the sound is just incredible, unmatched in purity and clearness.

And what do you mean SoaD was better before Rick Rubin, he produced all their albums...

Anyway, like I said before, I just think that Metallica with a Rick Rubin sound can potentially (I'm not saying it will) have a great result. Metallica's songwriting talents didn't melt like snow for the sun, it's just a matter of what choices they're gonna make.

Ah sorry I didn't know that all the albums were produced by him I thought he produced just the last one,I guess I'm wrong.Well than he did a great job in Toxicity:)
What I'm trying to say is the band hasn't done even a decent song for me in years(except for no leaf clover)(I consider all the albums up to and including Reload as good albums.).You are right the videos on youtube are crappy but you can be sure that the clearness in the sound and the success in the production won't make a pseudo country punk shit any better.Metallica has lost it man...No Justice For All will ever come to earth again.I wish the next one would be good but sincerely I have no hope.

Ah sorry I didn't know that all the albums were produced by him I thought the produced just the last one,I guess I'm wrong.Well than he did a great job in Toxicity:)
He definitely did! Mezmerize sounds wonderful too though.
What I'm trying to say is the band hasn't done even a decent song for me in years(except for no leaf clover)(I consider all the albums up to and including Reload as good albums.).You are right the videos on youtube is crappy but you can be sure that the clearness in the sound and the success in the production won't make a pseudo country punk shit any better.Metallica has lost it man...No Justice For All will ever come to earth again.I wish the next one would be good but sincerely I have no hope.
Well, they only released one (studio) album after Reload and that's St. Anger, which I agree totally blows! So, that's only one bad album and that album came about under pretty special circumstances, it's definitely no sign for a future direction. So, I'm gonna give the new album a listen when it's there and who knows.. I have good hopes, but I will not expect anything.

Well, they only released one (studio) album after Reload and that's St. Anger, which I agree totally blows!

That's what scares me the most mate.There's been only one album in 10 years which totally blows.They have written only one decent song in 10 years.This made me think that they have lost the ability to write good stuff.Whatever we'll see...I think I'm gonna give it a listen too:)

That's what scares me the most mate.There's been only one album in 10 years which totally blows.They have written only one decent song in 10 years.This made me think that they have lost the ability to write good stuff.Whatever we'll see...I think I'm gonna give it a listen too:)
Do that, who knows you'll be surprised, it happens sometimes ;)
I got hope in the new Metallica too... it can't be worse than St. Anger anyway.
Exactly! It can only get better than St. Anger! :)

Bands that try to write the songs they did 20 years ago to appease fans are(and I hate to use this term, but this time it sticks) sell outs in the every way shape and form. It's especially sad when they can't even fake it. metallica has been done with for a while. I don't understand why this is even a conversation.

Peter remaking catch 22 is weird..I guess he thinks the cd had lots of untapped potential?

Bands that try to write the songs they did 20 years ago to appease fans are(and I hate to use this term, but this time it sticks) sell outs in the every way shape and form. It's especially sad when they can't even fake it. metallica has been done with for a while. I don't understand why this is even a conversation.

Peter remaking catch 22 is weird..I guess he thinks the cd had lots of untapped potential?

Let them be sell outs. If the music is good, then it doesn't matter.