Most anticipated - 2008

Well, first the obvious;
Katatonia
Opeth
Bloodbath
Unleashed
Nevermore
MNorbid Angel would be nice too.

There's a few local bands i'm hoping to hear mroe from, such as Sinasizem, Blatherskite and Daemon Foetal Harvest.

I read in an interview with Ammott that Carcass won't return for a new cd, as there's no reason to. They're just doing a few shows, that's it.

the Ayreon record could be insane if it's done right. Hopefully the cheese factor isn't as high as it usually is

Yeah, that was what I had hoped as well, as I usually find Arjen's lyrics a little hard to swallow. I think you may find that there are some great moments on it (I certainly did), but it's less well-rounded (in my opinion) than The Human Equation was. Jonas is good where he appears and I like the guy from POS, but the lyrics are still pretty painful, and there is a LOT of synth flourish things.

Still, give it a shot. I won't be buying it, as I found it's not really my thing, but I encourage you to d/l before you buy, just to see what you think.

Here's hoping for another Jesu album soon!

Peace

Rorix

No labrie means the automatic less cheese factor.

Also it leaked?

I'm listening to it right now, the first song and the first Jonas part. His singing part sounds great and very melancholic for this band. It mostly was prog with the Evergrey singer until he came in

Jonas has some really good parts here. And in "Waking dreams" he sings about half the song in a kind of duet.

I wonder if he has made his vocalmelodies himself, because it sounds very Katatoniaish.

whoa cheesy as cheesy gets. No thanks. Although Jonas' parts are top of the line as to be expected. It's too bad with the huge talent of jonas, daniel and tom on one cd the songs couldn't have been less...cheesy overall.

whoa cheesy as cheesy gets. No thanks. Although Jonas' parts are top of the line as to be expected. It's too bad with the huge talent of jonas, daniel and tom on one cd the songs couldn't have been less...cheesy overall.

I agree here, its pretty much what I expected. Some great singing but most of the music is cheese.

Ok there's cheese in it,but the album is good IMO.Waking Dreams is superior.There are some more great songs.Not one of the best albums of the year,but I'm pretty much into it right now.I could listen to it just for the sake of the beauty of the vocals.All the vocal performances are just great.

P.S I'm surely buying it.

Jonas has some really good parts here. And in "Waking dreams" he sings about half the song in a kind of duet.

I wonder if he has made his vocalmelodies himself, because it sounds very Katatoniaish.

Indeed it is like Jonas made the vocal melodies,that was what I thought when I first heard it.Katatonic vocal melodies:)

Anathema.

They have found a more... positive part and if they merge that with a whole album of brilliance it's gonna enhance the life of all of us.

That sounds weird^^

Anathema.

They have found a more... positive part and if they merge that with a whole album of brilliance it's gonna enhance the life of all of us.

That sounds weird^^

I certainly do not aprove the direction they are going.I don't understand where all this positivity came from all of a sudden.Don't get me wrong I listen to some cheesy stuff like everybody,but Anathema and positivity?Hell no.

maybe they got bored.

and if they can be as positive as they can be negative I don't see problem...

but possibly music is more complicated than maths so you can't just change from - to + by changing the position in relation to the =
(how the fuck is this explainable outside mother tongue?)

I don't see why the music can't be melancholic, and the lyrics uplifting. That would be a nice change.

I'm really looking forward to ISOLE releasing their album "BLISS OF SOLITUDE"...Holy shit it's sounds very DOOM and these songs are fucking awsome! everyone should listen to "by blood" on their myspace...thats song fucking owns!

http://www.myspace.com/isole
Highly anticipating new Isole. I have their Throne of Void disc and it is like nothing I've ever heard before. I like to compare them to Alice in Chains if they were DOOM.

Holy shit their new material sounds wicked!

I don't see why the music can't be melancholic, and the lyrics uplifting. That would be a nice change.

Agreed, plus Anathema have some older songs that are quite melancholy, and if you read the lyrics they are quite positive and full of hope. An example would be Temporary Peace, one of the better songs from A Fine Day to Exit.

The positivity thing definitely turns me off a bit. I do agree that some older Anathema songs do have a mix of melancholy and hope though, which works. But full on positive music wont ever work for me