Most anticipated - 2008

I just hope on their next album they arn't in drop C tuning doing that one finger power chord stuff and get the fucking drums to sound normal...I just wander what went through their minds on st. Anger when they made it that way...but I do look foward to hearing what direction they choose to go in...regardless they deserve repect for those early records.

I just hope on their next album they arn't in drop C tuning doing that one finger power chord stuff and get the fucking drums to sound normal...I just wander what went through their minds on st. Anger when they made it that way...but I do look foward to hearing what direction they choose to go in...regardless they deserve repect for those early records.
Nothing wrong with drop c.

drop tunings and 80's thrash bands usually means they wind up sounding like a very interesting mix of pantera and soulfly. but as bluesky said, nothing wrong with it if the band knows what they're doing

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica's_ninth_studio_album
The band has been reported to have returned to performing in E tuning, as they did on their first five studio albums, to compliment James Hetfield's vocals. The band had previously played in E flat since the recording of Load and dropped C on St. Anger.

Did you hear the two new songs on youtube?There's nothing good in them except for Kirk's solo leads.Especially when I heard the part wohohoooohoo cowboy vocals in the second song I for the first time accepted that Metallica is over.There's nothing Rick Rubin can do,besides I don't see him as an extra talented producer.He achieved to make Linkin Park even worse,he turned them into a complete gay band.I also think that System of A Down was better before him.Whatever even if he was that talented,a producer can do nothing if the band has lost the ability to write good stuff.

Yes, the cowboy vocals made me actually cry they were so bad....what the Fuck happened to this once great band, JESUS! And I agree that Rick Rubin cannot make a shitty riff good, it will have a good production but the music will blow donkies.

No matter whether you like it or not, they're one of the (if not the) most influential Metal bands ever. Master Of Puppets might just be the best Metal album ever (in my opinion it is).

I was just playing some solos and riffs from Master of Puppets...it definitely influenced countless numbers of metal bands, and when you listen to the album even today it was clearly ahead of its time (in terms of the harmonies, song structures, time signatures, and the excellent guitar solos). I would certainly place it amongst the best metal albums (and best albums PERIOD regardless of genre) ever released.

Agreed :D But experiencing Carcass and At the Gates live might be cool :kickass:

That would be fucking killer. I go to see At the Gates, Dissection, and Morbid Angle in Corona in 1996 whihc was incredible and would love to see ATG w/ Carcass (who I never had a chance to see). :headbang: