Most overrated and underrated bands ever

Zack said:
On this forum I think graveland is overrated, personally I like Bathory better
Have you even read this forum? I see probably 50 Bathory references for every one for Graveland. Most Graveland discussion revolves around people not liking the production on Thousand Swords, whereas most Bathory discussion involves people worshipping them.

cookiecutter said:
Definitely. People like this band because their is a chick singing and it is death metal lite for the mtv kiddies. Michael Amott is amazing but I'd much rather listen to Carcass.

And you know that my man :kickass:

I do like Arch enemy but yeh they are over rated in the general music scene, not on this forum though...

Overrated: Nevermore

For the life of me, I have no idea why people gush over this band. They are average at best.

Underrated: Angra

Seeing mediocre bands like Sonata Arctica and Dragonforce being hailed as the future of power metal makes me scratch my head because no one must have listened to the last 2 Angra albums....freakin' masterpieces.

Iced Ray said:
Underrated: Angra

Seeing mediocre bands like Sonata Arctica and Dragonforce being hailed as the future of power metal makes me scratch my head because no one must have listened to the last 2 Angra albums....freakin' masterpieces.

To be fair, only retards have been saying that.

Overrated -- Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, and outside of metal [Erik stops reading now] Nirvana and shitty pop crap like Panic at the Disco. [/Erik stop reading now]
Underrated -- Metalcore as a whole. At least, that's the case on this forum. In the outside world, Metalcore is overrated by far, but here it's just the opposite, IMO

cookiecutter said:
Why do people make posts in these threads saying "All music is subjective! You can't answer this question!" ? Just write YOUR opinion. That's the whole point of a forum.
Underrastimated:Most underground bands that haven’t yet releashed a record.
Overrastimated:Most new bands that try to be original without reminding anything of metal (mostly Nu-Metal bands)

Happy ?

Nemesis_lxix said:
Underrastimated:Most underground bands that haven’t yet releashed a record.
Overrastimated:Most new bands that try to be original without reminding anything of metal (mostly Nu-Metal bands)

Happy ?
no...still not happy

What the heck?

How are CoB and Metallica overrated?

COB - they invented a whole new sound of melodic death metal in my mind. Bringing keyboards to the mix gave them a unique fresh sound that made a lot of other bands copy them. (Kalmah...) Yeah, maybe they aren't so "new" anymore, but they still paved the way and their first few albums are amazing. Alexi is an awesome guitarist as well....so he by himself deserves the praise in my mind.

Metallica - They are getting PANNED universally, and have been for a LONG time. For a DECADE they have been insulted and made fun of. No one is rating them higher with their new material. Also, Metallica's first 4 albums were MONSTERS albumns that every single metalhead loved when they first heard. Those albums are classics, and they deserve all the praise they got from it, and then some. No one at the time was producing music like they were...they added melody and groove to thrash that was just being played 1000 miles an hour.

Master of Puppets is 20 YEARS OLD for crying out loud. Give them the respect they earned for making music that stands the test of time. It was SO good they attracted mainstream listeners before compromising their sound. They are right up there with Ozzy, Maiden, Sabbath as far as pioneers of the scene.

SheisMySin said:
What the heck?

How are CoB and Metallica overrated?

COB - they invented a whole new sound of melodic death metal in my mind. Bringing keyboards to the mix gave them a unique fresh sound that made a lot of other bands copy them. (Kalmah...) Yeah, maybe they aren't so "new" anymore, but they still paved the way and their first few albums are amazing. Alexi is an awesome guitarist as well....so he by himself deserves the praise in my mind.

Metallica - They are getting PANNED universally, and have been for a LONG time. For a DECADE they have been insulted and made fun of. No one is rating them higher with their new material. Also, Metallica's first 4 albums were MONSTERS albumns that every single metalhead loved when they first heard. Those albums are classics, and they deserve all the praise they got from it, and then some. No one at the time was producing music like they were...they added melody and groove to thrash that was just being played 1000 miles an hour.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: out of five.