Most Overrated Metal Band

I'm also a fan of Bodom's vocals, but when I hear a riff in one of their songs it makes me wanna go out and fuckin' pick daisies. That's why I agree they're overrated. And whoever said Stratovarious, I also agree.

Why doesn't everyone just quit bitching? Opeth have some extremely good orchestrated material but the fact that many know that for some odd reason makes them overrated? Give me a break..the same goes for bands like Soilwork..as for Mayhem, they're a classic bm band and always fuckin' will be. De Mysteriis alone is enough to leave them a classic. And Grand Declaration has superb drumming as well as guitars...as for Dimmu, I could do without some of the earlier works but Puritanical and Spiritual Black are solid ass albums...I will agree Cradle of Filth sucks but hell I knew everyone was going to mention them..it's the "thing" to do when it comes to mentioning them. Lastly, Cannibal Corpse fucking rules. 'Nuff said. As for my list of overrated bands I ain't saying shit..fact of the matter is any band I name probably owns my band and everything we do with their experience alone..so fuck it..

Cannible Corpse theres another greatly overrated band they were good for like the first two albums but after that it all sounded the same as a lot of death metal bands tend to do after like 4 albums. Fisher is ok vocalist I can't do his vocals but once you've heard one CC song you have heard them all.

Gene Simmons has just become a laughing stock. He is giving metal a very bad name. I wish he'd just retire. I saw him on TV and he looked so fat and old! I was embarassed for him!

Originally posted by SICK THING

Cannibal Corpse (a rip-off of Necrophagia!!!)

You're kidding, right?

I've got 3 Necrophagia albums, but they haven't been around as long as Cannibal, who IS overrated...

Mayhem is fucking over-rated! Sure they're probably the most influential bm band, but their music just sucks. The riffs are too simplistic, Euro can't do a single fucking decent lead, etc.etc. I agree: they got known just because of their "hobbies", and not bcoz of their talent(?). Same goes for those atmospheric-female vox-string arrangement-orchestral bands like CoF...in fact I never liked them from the very start.