Most Overrated Metal Band

In response to all this Cradle of Filth bashing. I agree they are overrated. HOWEVER, I hope they make it in the mainstream (since that is where they are headed). I would love to see "normal" music fans get a dose of black metal (even if it is a weak dose).

Morbid Angel tried to make it in the early to mid 90's, but came up a little short. Let's face it, the masses don't want to try and figure out something new to their ears.

Originally posted by HarmonyDies....

- Iced Earth (New Stuff)

it's definately not great...but i don't think it's overrated...simply because most people i talk to think it's "good" but not great...anyways, it's only because Jon Schaffer wasn't into the whole "monster" thing that he got himself into...i'm sure the next IE album will be the best since Burnt Offerings

and the newer Cradle of Filth is definately overrated...I think their albums Vempire, Dusk..., and Cruelty and the Beast are all great albums though...i never get tired of them...but everything after Cruelty is like "shit, what happened?"....very disappointing

Cradle Of Filth
Hellhammer
Burzum
Deicide
Six Feet Under
Arch Enemy
Soilwork
Nevermore
Iced Earth
Megadeth
Opeth

I like all these bands except for SFU, Deicide, CoF, and Hellhammer, and Nevermore.

In response to all this Cradle of Filth bashing. I agree they are overrated. HOWEVER, I hope they make it in the mainstream (since that is where they are headed). I would love to see "normal" music fans get a dose of black metal (even if it is a weak dose).

finally somebody with a positive attitude towards cradle of filth.
anyway i would say cannibal corpse and mayhem are the most overrated

Cannibal Corpse is not overrated. They deserve the attention they get because they know how to play their instruments. People who say they're overrated are just SOURGRAPING because their fave bands like Mayhem and all those atmospheric-black shit can't play decent riffs to save their lives!!! :D

Metallica
Megadeth
Pantera
Slayer
Cradle of Filth
Bands that are just cheap ripoffs of Helloween. AKA Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, Stratovarious.

Overrated: Slayer

Underrated: Nightwish

Why?

Slayer get way too much praise for bad music.

Why?

Anyone with a powerful voice like Tarja deserves more respect.