Most Talented Band Ever?

Steve Digiogio is pretty awesome.. but I find that some of the all time greatest bassists, any genre are metal bassists... such as Cliff Burton and my personal favourite Jean-Paul Thessling.

Well, I said Iron Maiden and Pain of Salvation before, but now here are some others:

1) Blind Guardian - Absolute favorite of mine, this band can do no wrong in my eyes.

2) Drudkh - Love their albums. This might sound silly, but there is some power about their songs, such as 'Eternal Turn of the Wheel' or 'Winds of the Night Forests' which just transports me...magnificent.

3) Gamma Ray - Power Metal fans can relate to this. Kai Hansen creates riffs that stay stuck in your head for a long time, I find myself humming G-Ray songs all the time.

4) Emperor - Anthems was the album that introduced me to Black Metal, excellent band. Only Promethius was a let-down for me.

5) Grave Digger - Been around since the '80s and they haven't yet released a particularly bad album. Unique in the genre of Power Metal.

my loose top 10 list

1)Control Denied
2)Symphony X
3)Pagan's mind
4)Atheist
5)Nile
6)Augury
7)Gorguts
8)Opeth
9)suffocation
10)Demilich (outside of vocals)

pagan's mind is the only band there that kinda looks out of place but it doesn't get much better than that band instrumentally and vocally. Jorn Viggo Lofstad is one of the best in metal today on the axe.

for those unfamiliar with PM

Last edited by a moderator:

hm. Talented in the song writing aspect, but they aren't great players.

i couldnt disagree more, alot of the old rock bands had some pretty crazy songs such as godzilla or dazed and confused just as examples

Okay, but how does this counter my statement?

uh I dunno about that, king crimson is much more talented than any extreme metal band today.

Uh just because you think so doesn't make it fact.

I'm not saying they aren't, I'm trying to make the point that today's band are talented and shouldn't really be compared to older bands because of the large change in general musicality.

Yep.