Movie tread

lolllll :lol: too late, i've seen them all! :p
why do you think they're bad? because of the original comics? i know the true fans can't stand the movies...
well i'm really not into comics, i believe i've never read any in my life. I just enjoy the movies. As i said, i don't even know why, i guess they're just spectacular, it's sci-fi and there's a nice cast.

I read X-men as a kid, but as a fan I'm cool with the fact that just putting something on the silver screen means it will be different. I looooooved the first two X-men. X-men 3 was just a really frayed, poorly written, crappy movie. I think the story didn't make much sense in that film. Everything felt ad hoc and forced... not to mention that the "I'm the juggernaught, bitch" line was probably the worst thing a movie director has done to a movie's script in the last 50 years of film. The screenwriting in that movie was just really bad. The end of the movie, when they're just fighting an army of generic mutants that Magneto sends after them sort of demonstrated how the director didn't know what the hell to do with the main plot vehicle of the film: people with superpowers! You have people with superpowers fighting people with superpowers... except the legions of dudes dressed like homeless guys are superhumans who are less powerful than regular humans with guns... my head hurts just thinking about this.

As for X-men origins, it was just a blockbuster. There was no attempt to make a decent film, they just wanted to milk Wolverine for all the money they could get. Which, in the end, turned out to not be nearly as much as they wanted because the movie was so bad. Good movies make money, too. There's so much laughable shit in that movie it cracks me up (the Blob fight belonged in a B movie).

of all actors for a viking movie why choose pretty boy Leo decaprio? He's no viking nothing close. Mel gibson lost his mind long ago, and hollywood is no trustworthy source for movies anymore.

of all actors for a viking movie why choose pretty boy Leo decaprio? He's no viking nothing close. Mel gibson lost his mind long ago, and hollywood is no trustworthy source for movies anymore.
MV5BMTM3ODY5MTA0MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTc0OTA1Mg@@._V1._SX100_SY134_.jpg

Leo stopped being a pretty boy like 10 years ago. wake up, the guy is like 35 now. Come on, open your mind, rid of the prejudices or at least go watch Apocalypto or something.

I saw World's Greatest Dad yesterday. Starring Robin Williams, this is a great movie I loved it. Even if I am a love Black Comedy fan, this one is indeed very good. Just when the plot starts to get a bit stale, the movie then gets to its best parts.

Very recommended!

Last edited by a moderator:
Short notes to the two Thai horror flicks I've mentioned earlier:

Bangkok Haunted:
Three totally different stories combined by three women telling them to one another in a bangkok café.
One is about a haunted drum, second is about a drug derived from the blood of the dead used to turn men on, third is a crimestory about a cop investigating a possible suicide.
Nice film and atmosphere, but without any great scares. I liked it, but it wasn't spectacular.

Art Of The Devil:
A young girl is being abused by her older lover and extracts a gruesome revenge through dark arts, something resembling voodoo at times.
This was a great film, with some really sick parts! Only problem was that it was (of course) in spoken in Thai, but the announced English subtitles weren't included on the DVD, so I didn't get a word they were saying... Could follow the plot pretty well from the images though.
(there is at least one sequel to this film, and it is now on my wishlist)

^ I don't think it's brilliant nor a new classic, but it could've been much worse to be honest.

Went to the cinema yesterday with my girl and saw Surrogates mit Bruce Willis. Don't bother, really. What's worse than a bad movie? A movie that has an amazing potential, starts great but then throws it all away due to a horrible, horrible script. That's what's worse. I should've watched the new animated Disney one.

I saw Lolita by Kubrick just now, quite good. I thought it dragged on a bit too much, but in general the film is great. And Peter Sellers is in it, and as usual, brilliant.

The new Iron Man 2 preview looks phenomenal. Mickey Rourke totally nailed the Russian accent, if I do say so myself. How can you go wrong with a movie, with Robert Downey Jr and Mickey Rourke as the stars anyway?

^ Just saw it (thanks for posting). It, indeed, looks phenomenal! I can't wait to see it!!!

I saw Avatar today (in the new iMax theatre, only one in Central America hahaha :p). I admit I thought the movie was overrated, but after seeing the film… I can really see why there's so much hype. It's brilliant! The story, the graphics, the score and the message, they're all great! Watch it if you have the opportunity! :kickass:

haven't seen Avatar yet, been looking forward to for months! :)

I've just came across a youtube video with some footage from the BBC documentary called Alien Planet. I've seen it a few years ago, and it is truly amazing!! :eek: i strongly recommend it to everybody who likes sci-fi, it is really a must see if you haven't already! ;)
The CGI or computer animated drama/documentary takes place on Darwin IV, a planet 6.5 light years from earth, with 2 suns and 60% of Earth's gravity. Having identified Darwin as a world that could support life, Earth sends a pilot mission consisting of the Mothership Von Braun and three probes: Balboa, Da Vinci, and Newton. This robotic fleet is responsible for finding and assessing any life forms on Darwin IV. Initially, the expectation is to find microscopic life, but the probes soon find themselves in the middle of a developed ecosystem teeming with diversity of life of all sizes. The drama on Darwin IV is motivated by real science missions, such as the NASA Origins Program and the NASA / JPL Planet-Finder Mission, as well as the European Space Agency's Darwin Project. "Alien Planet " is a cosmic expedition along side Stephen Hawking, Michio Kaku, Jack Horner, Craig Venter, and George Lucas, and NASA's Chief Scientist Jim Garvin. No longer just the domain of science fiction, "Alien Planet" dramatizes an exciting and possible answer to what alien life really looks like and when we'll find it.
you even can watch it on youtube chipped in 10 pieces :) Here's part one:

ok, this one is for Andreas's fangirls! :devil: well ok, not really, but still a little bit anyway... :lol:;)

today i watched the second part of tv mini series called Alice. It's kinda futuristic/modern version of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland, so expect quite a few unexpected original twists and fresh takes. Of course a UK tv series production cannot be compared with Hollywood production, but it's very well done! The story is quite exciting and well thought (except some minor flaws but oh well). And the imagery is quite what you would expect of a chaotic world like Wonderland, but then in a surrealistic modernistic way.

Now the best part - the Hatter! :D He so reminds me of Andreas!! mind you, i'm not saying he looks very much like him, but you cannot deny the resemblance! Besides, the actor (Andrew Lee Potts) does an amazing job, so altogether i couldn't take my eyes off him, obviously :p And apart from that, it's just a great movie if you like surrealistic fairy tales :)