Music video for "the Day and then the shade"

Yup, it's pretty bad for Katatonia. The video on it's own, without the music, would be quite good as I like the video. It just does not suit the music in any way, shape or form.

If it's really that bad the I'm not watching it, cause if the song is really that good I don't want it to kill the first time I hear it. No, i STILL don't have the album. Yes, i MUST get it soon

Katatonia for me ever since Discouraged Ones has never been set in a 'natural' environment. To me, every album from DO on tells their story in an urban setting.

This. Especially Viva Emptiness... I love listening to that whenever I'm in the city walking around, it just fits perfectly when walking through crowds of people etc...

The video is fairly disappointing and fucking weird, I wonder if the guys will comment on this thread.

my eyes hurt after watching that video...not what I EVER envisioned for my fave band... on a related note... WTF is with the gansta-go-gothic skull and wings tee? I have very mixed feelings about it...hope they bring back the plain name Kata hoodies

Dozens and dozens of comments, and not 1 SINGLE PERSON likes it! Every single person bitches about the video. I think they couldn't have done it even if they tried! lolol

I'm still hoping to see the site updated with some comic relief by Anders like: AHAH, GOTCHA, ONLY KIDDING! HERE'S THE ACTUAL VIDEO..."

Thats how bad it is...

I think we're going to start seeing many 14 years old at katas concerts.

Wow that was AWFUL. One of the worst videos I've ever seen. It has no creativity, it's the same thing over and over again, and it doesn't match the song or the band at all. How does some goth chick rolling around in the woods represent Katatonia? :ill:

Yea, I don't even know how to promote a music video like this. Any mainstream rockers will be scared off. I suppose some Tool fans may appreciate it. =o/ Hopefully they will pay attention to the music and not that silly video. I was hoping for something along the lines of the music video for "My Twin". I love that video. What a bummer. Oh well, I shall do my best.
Jack

It seems to me that Lasse Hoile has technical skills and has done some good work in the past (at least with album artwork and such), but this video does not really seem to go with the music or band so much, despite having some concepts, shots, and imagery, that, at least in isolation, are intriguing. For example...
the parts where the moon was moving behind the trees, etc.

That being said, I was glad to hear another new song from the album. (I pre-ordered it, but have been away from home, and so I've not heard it yet.) I suppose for those who didn't enjoy the video, we can just forget about it and move on.

The music is key in this case, it seems. Though with some bands, the videos can be closely tied to that, with band members being very much involved in the video creation processes. I am not sure how much this has been the case with Katatonia, and it would be interesting for them to comment on that matter. Also, if they have not been very much involved, I think it would be great to see them change that if they are to have more videos. (I mean...imagine a Katatonia music video conceived and directed by the band.)

I was really hoping it was going to be like Julys video. The band playing not some stupid fucking goth thing. I hope this vid gets buried and no none fans get a chance to see it. Because if that was my first introduction to the Band I very much doubt i would give them a 2nd chance.

btw the video itself looks as if it was shot as fast as possible - there are even some episodes that are repeated at least twice... like that face with blood/strawberry jam/ketchup/dunno what on it....and that black liquid stuff... Considering the fact they announced this video to appear during the last week of October it could be their "second chance" of shooting it. Maybe something has gone wrong... Because, really this looks like a very low-budget video: two models, simple lighting, the same location etc... Then there was silence for a couple of weeks, and then all of a sudden we get THIS...

Dunno why... maybe it's my attempt to find a logical explanation for THIS...

Totally agree with everyones comments. That shouldn't be a Katatonia video - especially when it's meant to promote such a brilliant album.

But anyhey I'm more interested in that news "the first single from Night is the New Day". So when is the single gonna be out? And more importantly, any new songs included on the single?

At the end of october :rolleyes:

Also, lololol at the ''i have slept'' part. THE CHICK TAKES A 2 SECONDS NAP THERE lmaoo, c'mon.

Ehe, those parts remind me of those cheesy video's where there's a picture for every single word of the lyrics. Maybe you know them?

That's terrible about this video. Making a random video and then adding these little "excuses" of hooks to hang it to this particular song