Music video for "the Day and then the shade"

I wonder if they envisioned the shitstorm this video's receiving, damn..! Haha! I am yet to read a single possitive word about this video, even the most fanatical, ever so diplomatic forum die-hards can't hide their loathing.

I wonder if they envisioned the shitstorm this video's receiving, damn..! Haha! I am yet to read a single possitive word about this video, even the most fanatical, ever so diplomatic forum die-hards can't hide their loathing.

btw recently the video has been downloaded to one of local media portals here in my place... and actually ALL comments are positive... :ill: ...well, I don't get it...

btw recently the video has been downloaded to one of local media portals here in my place... and actually ALL comments are positive... :ill: ...well, I don't get it...
Weird... I assume theres not many Katatonia fans commenting, then. But still... its a bad video in any context.

Maybe we are the wrong ones! :p
If this video was conceived with the purpose of bringing new fans to Katatonia and it is being praised on myspace/facebook, etc, well then their label might be satisfied with it after all.

Facebook people don't like it either it seems.
To be honest I was shocked when I saw that video. I couldn't recognize neither a story nor is there a performing-layer with the band in it.
I think this is the result of label politics.
The label wants to release a video at the right point in time to promote the album. And for them the right point in time is more important than a fitting result.
I'd really like to know what the band says about this. Sad to see such a profound album is followed by such randomness in form of a music video.

In my opinion the label/band should hire Travis to make a storyboard and take the time to write a fitting script.
Because a good script is the key to a good video. Even when it doesn't have a lot of modern effects, a good story will stay a good story.

I made a video myself for my band this year, and we got a lot of great reactions, even it was made without a big budget.

I couldn't agree more to most of the post.
It's simply a terribly ridiculous video and doesn't represent Katatonia at all.
At least concerning my opinion.
Cancer for my eyes. :zombie:

Weird... I assume theres not many Katatonia fans commenting, then. But still... its a bad video in any context.

well... to the majority of people not deeply acquainted with Katatonia this may seem to be an "ordinary metal video". Coz lots of bands have those gothic g... ehrrm, bitches in the woods or in the park, and all those black fluids and things... I mean it could appear decent to an average 18-year-old retarded metal fan... but today I've got the feeling that tastes around here are REALLY weird.... damn it.

90% of the comments bow down to simple: "Yaaaay I like Katatonia! I like this video! It's DAAAAARK!" :cry::puke:

newalbumart.jpg

Lasse Hoile's version of the album art.

OK people dont like the video..but what did you expect?....katatonia is great band..the new cd it´s great for sure.........but they become a ordinary metal band...that´s why they do ordinary metal video..

the single sounds like the modern dartranqullity cds....with keyboadrs..it remind me of "haven" cd....

I am sure Anders is reading this, I can only think he must be quite concerned or upset.

But to be fair most Katatonia fans have nothing but great comments and views towards the work Katatonia do. I think it is time for Katatonia not to give into fans but to sort out their image if they want to take part in delivering the whole package. They have a very laid back attitude and their interviews show that, I think the interview thats on the site currently shows Daniel almost falling asleep.

I appreciate the music and I am a truly influenced fan of their work, but if they want to be seen as a band not just an electric Pro Tools mish mash I think the next area for them to work on is the front facing portion of their work.

Bit harsh from just a video I know, but they admit themselves they need to pull together the live side of the band, I say that is partly true, I think they need to decide what they want to be or just dump the baggage and stick to creating great CD's, either way they need to decide because this sort of approach is more damaging than anything.

HAHA I sent an email to Lassie saying:

"What an amazing video you made for Katatonia. goth chicks coverd in spiderwebs and bugs! amazing stuff! How you manage to come up with this stuff is beyond me. It goes so well with the song too! I mean katatonia are all about goth chicks in the forest! you are a genius sir!"

and I got this reply:

"Thanks dude :)

xoxo"

HAHAHA