my dad likes opeth

my dad does the classical and opera stuff. i did get him to listen to damnation and he said he respects the musical creativity, but doesnt like it much.

no i simply called myself cuntface because i was born with the female genitals upon my face

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Actually, if you think about it, everybody has been born with a cunt on their face the second they come out so.... I am too!

Of course, unless you're a clone or a test tube baby...

Think about it.

- Fatass Cuntface

to be exact most babys are born with their face up or down with the cunt facing forward...some babies are pushed out before they have the time to turn in the womb usually in a premature or late birth. During these births the baby ass comes out first then the legs and the head comes last. also know as a buttocks birth or as I call it ASS FACE baby.In this case the baby's truely born with a cunt on his face. I have a friend who was born this way and as the doctor was pulling his ass out he squirted a load of liquid shit on the doctors face.THAT WAS FUCKING COOL!

My mum would probably like the bits inbetween the screaming and thrash bits, but she tends to walk in on me listening to music at the wrong time. She thinks everytime a song is mellow then begins to get heavy is "ruining" the song. Besides, she doesn't like anything loud. I put on Led Zeppelin in the car, and she asked me to turn it down to almost unaudible levels. Weak.
As for my dad, he'd hate it. He used to rock out to Led Zeppelin and everything, but being married seems to have turned his musical taste into something horrid. I mock him for liking the Corrs. I actually bought him Houses of the Holy on CD so he could listen to it in the car on the way to work and reclaim his lost youth.
But, I have a friend who listens to appaling shit (I mean, stuff like Blink 182, Good Charlotte and Green Day...) who I forced to listen to Opeth in the car. He actually said "whoa, this is good." Song was Master's Apprentice.

My dad saw the Lamentations dvd the other night and said it was pretty good. Said he wouldn't go to the concert in Melbourne though as he doesn't know their material enough.
Mum would rock out to Opeth, but not get into it as much. She's weird. She listens to anything me or my brothers listen to, just doesn't know who it is.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Actually, if you think about it, everybody has been born with a cunt on their face the second they come out so.... I am too!

Of course, unless you're a clone or a test tube baby...

Think about it.

- Fatass Cuntface

wrong

i was a breech birth :headbang:

Stilgar said:
Hehe. Could be true. But I do know a few americans around my age that like death metal as well. One of the guys I visited for example ran out and bought Edge of Sanity's Crimson shortly after I visited him (I had brought a little CD collection with me to the states consisting of mostly death/doom metal).

And I do know a lot of swedes (most of them actually) that can't adjust to growling. But that seems to be about equally much for each age group, so to speak... So it doesn't seem to have too much to do with age. It probably has more to do with how much you've been polluted by MTV's view of "music". :loco:

Nice username! I'm reading Dune right now. Very awesome book.

I don't know anyone over 30 that likes Opeth. The heaviest band that my dad will listen to is Led Zeppelin. :headbang:

Jon Snow said:
Nice username! I'm reading Dune right now. Very awesome book.
Thanks. :) You have a great taste when it comes to books it seems (it's of course one of my favourite books). :Spin:

Jon Snow said:
I don't know anyone over 30 that likes Opeth.
You need to come to Sweden. Especially the northern parts where the winters are so harsh that you need to be into death metal to survive (or something). :loco:

Jon Snow said:
The heaviest band that my dad will listen to is Led Zeppelin. :headbang:
My dad, by the way, who is soon 60, actually enjoyed "Ancient Entity" from Tiamat's "The Astral Sleep" (from their earlier, heavier days). THAT made me impressed. :D

my mom is a casual music fan...when she feels like it she'll listen to country or the beatles.
My dad dosen't have all the time in the world for music anymore, but back in the 70s he was real into music and the drums. He's still retained interest in yes, neil young, tom petty, rem, the beatles, moody blues, bruce springsteen, eric johnson, the police etc

They really dislike metal especially from back in my early days when I used to crank metallica, pantera, ozzy etc in his living room stereo.

I haven't actually played Opeth to my dad (he doesn't live with me - long story) but I have a feeling that, if I did, his reaction would be the same as most of your dads. I can't see him enjoying the DM aspects, but he'd probably like the less heavy sections.

Yeah, i donno bout my dad, but whenever my mom hears Opeth, its always the same reaction; "Oh God... what the hell is this shit??"

Hedley Mortimer said:
I love Opeth and I am probably older than your father. I am a woman in my forties. My problem is that I would love to see Opeth when they are in Australia but feel too old to go. I feel that everyone will be looking at me wondering what I am doing there. Why can't oldies have good taste in music. I love metal!!!

Next year I'll be in my forties and I've seen Opeth live a couple of times - no one nitices your age at an Opeth concert - they are focused on....yes you've guessed it - OPETH! I'm going to see them again this summer at the Roskilde Festival, Denmark.
The day that my age stops me from doing what I want to in my life is the day my life is over. Personally I don't give a f... if people are 15, 45 or 80!:headbang:

metal4ever2 said:
Hi everyone, i'm a dad of 41 years old and i went to see Opeth on october in Montreal with my older son (17). I just want to tell you that metal is not reserved for youngsters, i've always listen metal and i always will whatever small thinking people can think about it! Opeth is not the only group i listen to: Neuraxis, Trivium, As i lay dying, All that remains, Slipknot, The Haunted, Chimaira, Soilwork, Arch enemy, Killswitch engage, etc... :headbang: :devil:

I am going on 40 myself and started listening to Metal back in 1980. It's funny how times have changed but my taste hasn't. Remember when your grandparents/parents were listening to 50's music when you were young and it seemed natural to see people really old back then to listen to that kind of stuff. Just think that when we yield a walker we will be jamming to black metal with our IPods at the local Bingo lounge scammin' on some old trim:)