Name some albums/bands you can't stand but get endless praise.

SWAT said:
Not saying your wrong or anything but what bands are better? I would love to hear them because those are 3 AMAZING bands imo.

I'm not really all that big on heavy/speed metal, but I would say that Blind Guardian wipes its arse with any Judas Prist song ever made (with the notable exception of some of the songs on the album Sad Wings of Destiny).

And Black Sabbath are just pathetic. Iommi wrote some cool riffs, but his solos were mostly uninteresting, and don't get me started on Ozzy and that sad excuse of a voice of his. I suppose Dio improved it slightly, but I always thought his solo career was better. Holy Diver is a nice album. As for a band that's similar, but still better, I'm going with Candlemass, although I suppose they focused more on the doom-aspect.

And let's face it, there are tons of power/speed/prog bands that took all the elements of those three bands and improved them. Blind Guardian, Metallica, Megadeth, Iced Earth, Symphony X, Heavenly, Stratovarius, and even Iron Maiden. But don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are plenty of reasons for liking the three bands mentioned, but I'm just a little tired of elderly metal heads comparing everything new and innovative to lack Sabbath, as if they are the sole people worthy of playing metal, simply because they were the first.

And as for the examples I mentioned; you might not want to take my word on those, as it is really black metal that I consider my niché.

Thank you. Just because someone did something innovative that started something new doesn't mean we have to worship their music.

Anyway.....most of the bands I like aren't blues based, so there.

Jean-Pierre said:
I'll use no more to describe you other than "condescending asshole." Many, MANY people, including myself, have that little, tiny special ability to evaluate music on both overal enjoyment AND musical/compositional prowess. Of course, to a thundercunt like you, that probably translates to someone like me being illiterate due to the lack of an SRP-esque jargon overload!

Get out.

If you can't see the difference between how I judge a particular band and how SRP and his followers pass their judgement then you have your head farther up your ass than I imagined. And don't try to tell me that the majority of the people who write an album off as "boring" and nothing more have anything to say beyond that. The fact that most people limit their criticisms to just that implies that they are idiots. It doesn't matter what they could say. I'm judging by what I'm reading in their posts. I'm going to continue to be a condescending asshole because I enjoy it and it's just way too easy to annoy people on this forum.

I can't think of any metal bands I hate that everybody else doesn't as well, so I'll list some classic rock ones.

The Beatles-boring old hippies, overrated as fuck.

The Who-Booooooring

Stevie Ray Vaughn-Should be Stevie Ray YAWN

Because there is nothing I like about them.

Why do you like them?

Sorry if my question didn't imply specifics, but thats what I was really looking for in your answer.

I like them because of their uniqueness mainly. Elvenefris was a stunning piece of work IMO, in which other brutal death(with prog influences) bands have failed to achieve even a small part of that indescribable quality.