Need some ORIGINAL bands...

Crotchduster is not funny. Ephel Duath is typical crappy avant garde BM that tries too hard. I am guessing Spastic Ink is technically impressive but Watchtower is much better. Aborym and Illogicist are quite good.

Profanum
Silent Stream of Godless Elegy
Deinonychus
Bethlehem
Dornenreich
Eikenskaden / Mystic Forest
Angizia
Lilitu
Vinterriket
Thee Maldoror Kollective

kmik said:
Lykathea Aflame is one of the worst bands I've ever heared. Avoid at all costs.

I don't think I've ever heard someone say they absolutely hate Lykathea Aflame, I know some dislike them, but hate? please explain.

Severed Hand - Power/Thrash metal with some deathy back up vocals. Lead singer is in the vein of Halford/Dickinson.

Eternity Void - Evil black metal.

Both bands from the Jersey area.

kmik said:
Crotchduster is not funny. Ephel Duath is typical crappy avant garde BM that tries too hard. I am guessing Spastic Ink is technically impressive but Watchtower is much better. Aborym and Illogicist are quite good.

Crotchduster is great!

Nah, not really. I tend to just use one of the public server lists and go into a bunch of metal hubs 'til I find what I want. If I'm on it in the near future and I remember I'll give you a PM.

South Facing Epitaph is their worst btw (despite being pretty interesting), pursuing the others is a good idea.

hatecrewdroll said:
...Fear Factory isn't the only one to make that sound, and that sound is hardly original. Starting to sound get old if you ask me

I was listening to 'Elvenefris' yesterday and there are a handful of riffs and moments on that album that are definitely Fear Factory-ish