Need some ORIGINAL bands...

I still want this guy to explain how he could hate Lykathea Aflame. The production and vocals could possibly be better, but other than that, I can't imagine what someone could find bad about them.

EDIT: I suppose that the beginning of "To Give" is a little like FF, but still...

The Lykathea Aflame album is good, but I don't consider it a classic by any means. By the 45 minute point, the album has run its course. And that last track could be cut by half, and it would still have the same effect.

Xorv said:
sooo much hate on the newbies...WHERE THE LOVE?! I HAD A DREAM!....

Anyways, Agalloch - Death\Doom Metal.....wow is all I have to say

Catamenia - Black Metal....I like em and so should you

Agalloch is certainly different. Still can't get into half the songs on The Mantle. Some of it is very good though-very cold.

J. said:
The Lykathea Aflame album is good, but I don't consider it a classic by any means. By the 45 minute point, the album has run its course. And that last track could be cut by half, and it would still have the same effect.

I agree that Walking in the Garden of Ma'at is indeed too long, but I disagree that the rest of the album is too long. The first half is generally faster and more aggressive while the second half slows it down(if ever so little) and adds in more progressive elements with the song lengths, and interludes, leads, vocals etc. Besides, since there won't ever be an album by them again, what's the harm in having a lot of material on the only one?

Atrox - "Contentum"/"Terrestrials"/"Orgasm" (original cover artwork/original lyrics/very original vocals and the music isn´t easy to label either)

J Mann said:
I agree that Walking in the Garden of Ma'at is indeed too long, but I disagree that the rest of the album is too long. The first half is generally faster and more aggressive while the second half slows it down(if ever so little) and adds in more progressive elements with the song lengths, and interludes, leads, vocals etc. Besides, since there won't ever be an album by them again, what's the harm in having a lot of material on the only one?

I thought they were coming back as Lykathe. Or are they going to take the band in a different direction?

Edgecrusher said:
I thought they were coming back as Lykathe. Or are they going to take the band in a different direction?
that was a few years ago, apparently they went inactive and Obscene Productions says that they are most likely finished. Also the web domain they had never updated past a logo and it has since expired and not been renewed.

Phrozenspite said:
that was a few years ago, apparently they went inactive and Obscene Productions says that they are most likely finished. Also the web domain they had never updated past a logo and it has since expired and not been renewed.

Now that I look at the Metal-Archives page a little more closely, it has been quite a while since it has been updated....

WNxScythe said:
I'm getting tired of coming across loads of bands that don't do anything new for the genre, anybody got some reccommendations for "different" bands? Stick with BM/DM/avant-garde/variants please.

Original bands of quality, or just shit BM bands with flutes and techno beats?