NEVERMORE

haha, thanks Amazon...it was me fucking up ;)
got the CD delivered two days ago, I just didn't see the card in my mailbox.

did anyone else get the ldt-ed? loomis instructional videio and "no guitar"- as well as "guitar only" mixes....awesome

yes, i did. seriously thinking about participating in the contest hehe.

just wondering whether you're supposed to record a video, or if it's fine to post an audio-only version too.

did anyone else get the ldt-ed? loomis instructional videio and "no guitar"- as well as "guitar only" mixes....awesome

Haha good for you, Lasse :kickass: Let us know your impressions then.

I got the limited Picture Vinyl edition, so unfortunately I don´t have the instructional video & stuff :Smug: Maybe this will be postet on youtube at some time.

This record is very complex and difficult, but each single fucking tone is pure quality IMO. It´s absolutely worth taking some time for getting access. This is finally an album I wanna explore and discover each details of again :kickass:

While I have yet to hear the entire album, it's interesting that you say it is complex and difficult since in the current issue of Guitar Edge magazine, Loomis is quoted as saying that they intentionally went with more simplistic and shorter song structures on this one, hoping it would be easier for listeners to catch on to. He also notes that it could be good for them or it could bite them in the ass.

You can read the online version here: http://digital.guitaredge.com/guitaredge/20100708_1#pg20

I heared about that and I agree in terms of the simplified structures in most of the songs. But when I compare the last record with the new one - I remember, listening to TGE I got access A LOT faster than I did with "The Obsidian Conspiricy". Obviously nearly all here have the same "symptom" with that album. The mood is much darker than in the last record, at least I feel this way. For me this record is the epitome of a grower.

Nope, I ordered it two fucking weeks ago (and paid it) but I am still waiting for the postmaster. :D

Can’t wait for the Loomis bonus stuff. :kickass:

Yes I did. Nice idea for the artwork and lyrics...

I have no sevenstring, but I'll have to detune one of my 6ers which I still keep in B standard, so I can play along. :headbang:

BTW, if you open the CD in Windows Explorer you can find Guitar Pro Tabs. I didn't see those in the normal CD menu... awesome!

And you made me wonder there because Amazon shipped mine a day early so I received it on the 28th. But obviously all is cool now!

This albums hits every single nail on the head for me. From start to finish it sounded like awesome Nevermore. It's a landmark production in my opinion. Jeffs never sounded better, Warrels never sounded better, Van has awesome parts and the bass punches. Having an awesome time listening!

Listened a bit more this week and I'm still not digging it, there's not enough in your face riffage and leads IMO, apart from the title track. It just doesn't seem as powerful to me as the last 3 records. I'm also not really digging the mix either. but we'll see if my opinion changes with time.

The vocals and especially lyrics are laughably bad on this album. I've always liked Warrel's vocs, but they really drive me bonkers on this. Maybe my tastes have changed. Dunno.

Musically, a lot of it it sounds like a bunch of rehash. Nearly every riff reminds me of a Nevermore riff I've heard before.

Production is ace, though.

I think from listening to this on Spotify and YouTube, etc. that if I do buy it it'll be only to continue my collection of Nevermore albums, I really don't dig this album.

Yeah I was really excited about this album before it came out but listened to all the tracks on youtube and it's missing something. I thought it was gonna be catchy like a cross between tge and dhiadw but nothing really sticks out to me. Don't think they could top those 2 albums anyway and dnb and eor(remastered) are amazing as well but it doesn't seem to touch any of those albums to me.

great songs on the "The Obsidian Conspiracy" ... and i love this production!

anybody knows, which amps and cabs were used on this record? (rhythm guitar)