NEVERMORE

Greg, to add an 'outsider' perspective on this you aren't putting yourself across very well. Aaron is a badass motherfucker, and your claim of having 'annihilated' much of anything just doesn't fucking work. Congratulations, you have an ego boost - but you also look like a tool and you haven't contributed anything apart from putting words in someone's mouth and then shot them down.

Jeff

Finally it's settled!

Greg, if it brings you joy to walk away from an internet forum thinking that you've "annihilated" someone else's posts, then I'm happy for you. I have merely been questioning an issue that had not been 100% settled, and I thought it was silly to be jumping on the "NEVERMORE GUITARS WERE DEFINITELY REAMPED LOL" bandwagon before it had been definitively answered. Was it unreasonable for me to question that? I think not. I also don't understand why you need to resort to such a dickish attitude about this whole thing- in over three years, you're the first guy I haven't gotten along with on this forum, and I would prefer to keep things friendly. Cool?

I'm glad someone here is more of an adult than I am. I try to keep things "cool," but I don't like the point that you called me out for putting words in your mouth when I didn't. I hate when people do it to me, so I try to refrain from doing it to others. I also didn't want to go ahead and misquote Andy, which is why I didn't. I wanted this issue settled and that's why I asked him and he kindly answered. I don't think there was any part of "not getting along." I made no personal attack on you or your opinion, you simply misread. Sorry for breaking balls, wasn't necessary.

-Greg

Congratulations, you have an ego boost - but you also look like a tool and you haven't contributed anything apart from putting words in someone's mouth and then shot them down.

Jeff

No one likes to have their words taken out of context, I was merely defending myself. Second, I believe this discussion led to answering the question we were all wondering about. The guitars were reamped, ta-da.

No personal attack? There was no "not getting along"? Of course there wasn't, after deleting your controversial post...

I have no desire whatsoever to continue arguing about anything, or trying to nitpick each others posts in order to justify ourselves, so let's just drop it.

The dead heart snare is fabulous... infact so is the whole kit. I've been trying some drums to get into the ball park for that sound, but no chance :(. Anyone have any tips?

Alesis D4 blend of fusion and monster (I think).

I think there's a bit more roommics on this one than on most of Andy's more recent mixes. loving it, great mix overall

Alesis D4 blend of fusion and monster (I think).

I think there's a bit more roommics on this one than on most of Andy's more recent mixes. loving it, great mix overall

Thanks for the insight Lasse, were alesis samples on this record or is that just a thought? So thats the kick, what do we think for the snare? Ive checked out the D4 samples now, and the rawhide snare seems extraudinarialy close to delivering the bottom, not sure for the crack yet. Will have to buy these samples, they sound very nice.

Thanks for the insight Lasse, were alesis samples on this record or is that just a thought? So thats the kick, what do we think for the snare? Ive checked out the D4 samples now, and the rawhide snare seems extraudinarialy close to delivering the bottom, not sure for the crack yet. Will have to buy these samples, they sound very nice.

dunno...this is just a guess, but I know that Andy uses the piccolo quite a bit, try that one...
I do think there's quite a bit of the original snare left in there as well

I recall way back reading in this forum some info from Andy himself.
The Alesis D4 blend of fusion and monster kick is correct.
About the snare, I don't recall what sample he used but it is triggered and blended 50-50 with the natural one.

well, it just recently dawned on me how great the TGE production really is...very fat guitar tone...great stuff.

btw, if you watch the preproduction/tracking video, you can actually see a RNC being used for tracking something....

I got the new Nevermore on Vinyl today - it grows and grows and I love it more ´n more :) "The blue Marble & the new Soul" and "Without Morals" are my current faves. The first I mentioned is such good, I could cry. Made some pictures of my strictly limited vinyl edition.

Edit: About the production I can say, first I was a bit confused, cause it´s really different than the last record. The guitar rythm sound is GODLIKE and the snare is one of the best I ever heared. Lead sound was a bit getting used to first - it´s just different. But IMO Loomis played one of the best and emotional solos ever on this record. I´m fucking glad, this album sounds so much different.

I got the special edition boxset delivered on Friday.
Great songs and production, I like that there's some more ambience/background stuff going on. I know there'll never be a second Dreaming Neon Black but the new one also floats my boat already.

Now I'll have a look at the bonus disc and try to shred like Loomis, and fail miserably... :D

This record is very complex and difficult, but each single fucking tone is pure quality IMO. It´s absolutely worth taking some time for getting access. This is finally an album I wanna explore and discover each details of again :kickass: