NEVERMORE

Are there any info about the drum sound on TGE? Looks like the snare and kicks where triggered, from the studio photo. How do you get the toms to sound like that?

I don't have a great answer about the toms, but judging from those pictures, it looks to me that Andy got Van to keep the cymbals pretty freaking high above the kit, undoubtedly eliminating a good amount of bleed into the the toms.

Hell-o friends!

Im a "newbie" here, this is actually my first post. I've been reading lots of the info around and just wanted to express how great this album is, Andy did a Super Great combo here, as an engineer + mix and mastering!

The guitar sound is freaking awesome, cant go wrong the combination of Andy+Loomis and Triple Rec.

BTW, Cheers to Andy...really nice guy, I met him at Bloodstock 2007 after Sabbat's performance at the main stage! :)

Well, Im pretty sure I'll have more questions than answers here, but seems for what I read so far, this forum is full of nice fellows!

Cheers mates!
Eduardo

I just watched Nevermore's "Year of the Voyager" dvd. What an awesome show and mix. Well done Andy.

I was wondering one thing though. I was comparing the Main show the the bonus material and listening to the amps. I was wondering if Andy reamped the guitars
through his Kranks or did he use the live guitar sound?

Thanks

Ruan

I just watched Nevermore's "Year of the Voyager" dvd. What an awesome show and mix. Well done Andy.

I was wondering one thing though. I was comparing the Main show the the bonus material and listening to the amps. I was wondering if Andy reamped the guitars
through his Kranks or did he use the live guitar sound?

Thanks

Ruan

I'm pretty sure he reamped the guitars.
doesn't necessairily have to be Kranks though

I tracked the overdubs for "Year Of The Voyager", and on the multiple DVDs of audio files that Jeff had mailed to him, there were no DI tracks. I do know that Andy wanted to get working on the mix before we had finished the overdubs, so he got a hold of the tracks on his own (I believe directly from the company who recorded them). It's possible that there were more tracks than were on the DVDs that Jeff had, but if so, it's beyond me as to why we didn't have them (everything I would have expected to have been recorded was there, except guitar DIs). I thought the raw track of Chris' Engl sounded pretty good, but comparatively, Jeff's Krankenstein track wasn't the greatest. I think Andy could have gotten away with some good ol' fashioned EQing, but I also wouldn't be surprised to hear that there were indeed some DI tracks captured...

After deliver respect and appreciation to doomsday and atrocity I really have to say this is the third record of Andy I really fucking dig like hell!!! The guitar sound is killer! Someone said one time that they also used a Marshall top in combination with a mesa recti 4x12..is that true?

After deliver respect and appreciation to doomsday and atrocity I really have to say this is the third record of Andy I really fucking dig like hell!!! The guitar sound is killer! Someone said one time that they also used a Marshall top in combination with a mesa recti 4x12..is that true?

Agree this is one of my fave overall mixed albums. Always listen to this one as reference!

I thought the raw track of Chris' Engl sounded pretty good, but comparatively, Jeff's Krankenstein track wasn't the greatest. I think Andy could have gotten away with some good ol' fashioned EQing, but I also wouldn't be surprised to hear that there were indeed some DI tracks captured...

Whatever Loomis' final tone was on that DVD, it's AMAZING. It has such a great presence as well as insane definition for the fast playing and stays tight on the palm mutes. I really hope Andy can chime in on this one.

Andy, what amp were the final guitars cut for Loomis on the Year of the Voyager DVD one? The Krankensteins he had on stage, or were they reamped? (if so, settings and setup please, I think that guitar tone may have topped just about anything you've done, but thats just my opinion anyway:loco:)

Fuckin' awesome job on the mix :headbang:

Sry but I'm gonna change the topic. Anyone know what the hell Nevermore is up to right now?! They say the new album is going to be out every year!