NEVERMORE

Speaking of shit bleeding through, listen to the CLASH's "Rock the Casbah". During a breakdown in the song there is a wristwatch alarm playing "DIXIE" in the mix. I know it's a wristwatch alarm, because I had the same one in 1982, and noticed it the first time I heard the song.:lol:

Somewhere on the forum right after the album came out.

I think I remember reading that as well.

Of course, I also vaguely remember reading it's 2 tracks of Jeff on one side, Recto panned @ 100, Krank panned at 80, and two tracks of Steve on the opposite, same heads, same panning.

So I don't know, really. :p

I thought it was exactly this "2 tracks of Jeff on one side, Recto panned @ 100, Krank panned at 80, and two tracks of Steve on the opposite, same heads, same panning." as Exocaster said, EXCEPT, I thought Jeff did all four tracks on his songs, and Steve did all four on his songs. I'm not sure why I thought that though, at least partially because it sounds like the same guitar player on both sides to me, and sounds different on Steve's songs. But maybe I'm looking for them to sound like that. :)

Regardless I'm almost posative about these things,

4 Tracks
Mesa + Krank
SM57

I'm 99% sure that the three rhythm tracks mix was on Enemies of Reality, and somehow it got confused with TGE. But for the life of me I couldn't tell you if which heads they were was ever explained. Sounds like a recto though.

I'm 99% sure that the three rhythm tracks mix was on Enemies of Reality, and somehow it got confused with TGE. But for the life of me I couldn't tell you if which heads they were was ever explained. Sounds like a recto though.

Yeah, I'm almost posative it's three recto on EOR.

is this a beta52 on the kick on this album? I love this fuckin kick!

edit: stupid question there's a goddamn picture of one on the first page :lol:

but could someone tell me what kind of click pad he has on those kicks?

I really think TGE is one of Andy's best works, I really love the guitarsound and....basically everything.
but I just rediscovered DHIADW and I can't believe how great the guitars sound on that one. (wouldn't say better than on TGE, just completely different)...so raw and brutal...I think I need an old 2ch Recto... :(.

Are there any other Sneap recordings that have this recto only on them?

I really think TGE is one of Andy's best works, I really love the guitarsound and....basically everything.
but I just rediscovered DHIADW and I can't believe how great the guitars sound on that one. (wouldn't say better than on TGE, just completely different)...so raw and brutal...I think I need an old 2ch Recto... :(.

Are there any other Sneap recordings that have this recto only on them?

completely agree. TGE sounds good but kind of 2 dimensional and safe?, whereas Dead heart is much more in your face and agressive sounding (especially the guitars). I think it is just phases producers go thru, andy's stuff a few years back like dead heart, disembody, the gathering, alive or just breathing, declaration etc had a really aggressive in your face mix whereas his more recent stuff eg TGE, doomsday machine, united abominations etc have a much more smooth, commercial? sound with guitars being pushed back more.
Could just be that the bands or record labels he's working with at the moment r wanting that kind of mix?
Not saying one's better than the other, just that i prefer the crushing in your face mixes.
I know a lot of the people on here really love the doomsday mix but i personally prefer Wages of sin mix for example.
However, it seems that andy has never been busier than he is at the moment so maybe the smoother mixes r what people want?

For the life of me I can't remember the album, but I can remember hearing a phone ringing very faintly on a track. It used to drive me mental until I got the story: apparently the vocal was being recorded in the control room, the phone rang during the take so they decided to leave it in.

Led Zeppelin's "The Ocean". And it's actually during the solo.

no, it's click, but so what, performance was good and we liked the feel of vocal, don't think it affected record sales but I may be wrong....

If I knew that goddamn unprofessional mess was on there I never would have bought TGE and my homeboy Chachi already ran over his copy with a streamroller. My ears bleed and I nearly vomit during those four seconds of pure hell.