NEVERMORE

"Re: Nevermore DVD

Hi Greg
I did reamp on this and I'm guessing I used the Krankenstein here in the studio through a boogie cab. Its about 18 months ago I did that tho so its a bit hazy.

All the best

Andy"

Looks pretty clear to me that everything was reamped, the tones were very consistent.

Is it just me, or are Broderick and Sheppard VERY VERY low in the mix?

"Re: Nevermore DVD

Hi Greg
I did reamp on this and I'm guessing I used the Krankenstein here in the studio through a boogie cab. Its about 18 months ago I did that tho so its a bit hazy.

All the best

Andy"

Looks pretty clear to me that everything was reamped, the tones were very consistent.

Is it just me, or are Broderick and Sheppard VERY VERY low in the mix?

I don't know man. There may have been DIs, but Andy's message is certainly not a definitive answer on the matter. And "consistent tone" is hardly evidence in favor of a full set reamping job.

He said "I reamped."

If he only reamped overdubs, how could he possibly recreate the sound of that particular concert stage with those particiular strings on that particular day. It was through a different cab, he mentioned and you recall Jeff's tracks to be mediocre in tonality. The finished tone on that DVD is br00tal, not crappy.

He said "I reamped."

This is getting kind of stupid. If you absolutely want to believe that Andy reamped the entire set, without solid information that he did so, then feel free.

If he only reamped overdubs, how could he possibly recreate the sound of that particular concert stage with those particiular strings on that particular day.

The sound of the concert stage would not play a significant role whatsoever in the close mic'd tone of a blasting guitar cabinet, nor would the strings make a significant enough difference when it comes to injecting a few overdubbed parts throughout the course of the set. Andy is the king of tones anyhow, so is it really that hard to believe that he could make a few reamped sections fit seamlessly into a non-reamped concert set, if that were his only option? Also, the only parts we overdubbed were a couple little lead things, so we're not even talking about rhythm-tone matching.

and you recall Jeff's tracks to be mediocre in tonality. The finished tone on that DVD is br00tal, not crappy.

I said Jeff's raw tracks didn't sound as good comparatively to Broderick's tracks, but did you overlook the part where I said that I would not be surprised if Andy got away with some good old fashioned EQing? Jeff's tone wasn't "crappy"- that's putting words in my mouth.

no, I did reamp both gtrs, there was DI's recorded at the show.
Its a pretty balanced mix, if you think Jim and Chris are very low, I'd check your settings for the dvd.

Aaron, I didn't put any words in your mouth, read back over the past few posts, please.

The sound of the concert stage would not play a significant role whatsoever in the close mic'd tone of a blasting guitar cabinet, nor would the strings make a significant enough difference when it comes to injecting a few overdubbed parts throughout the course of the set.

I'm not going to agree on this one, but we'll do shootouts another time.

Its a pretty balanced mix, if you think Jim and Chris are very low, I'd check your settings for the dvd.

What were both guitars reamped through? Sorry to ask, I just really like Jeff's tone especially on this DVD/CD.

Finally it's settled!

Greg, if it brings you joy to walk away from an internet forum thinking that you've "annihilated" someone else's posts, then I'm happy for you. I have merely been questioning an issue that had not been 100% settled, and I thought it was silly to be jumping on the "NEVERMORE GUITARS WERE DEFINITELY REAMPED LOL" bandwagon before it had been definitively answered. Was it unreasonable for me to question that? I think not. I also don't understand why you need to resort to such a dickish attitude about this whole thing- in over three years, you're the first guy I haven't gotten along with on this forum, and I would prefer to keep things friendly. Cool?