"New" (2006) Q&A thread

Rincewind said:
Q: Who's gonna be woman in relationship?

A: I prefer bearded women, and I'm cleanly shaved, so - the choice is obvious.

Q: Or should I grow a beard?

A: No
Q: Do you think Plintus thought I meant I wanted to kill him? Because there was some untimely editing going on that made it look so.

And yes, I'm as porky as they come

A: Yes. Veracruz, Puerto Vallarta, Toronto, New York, San Francisco and Monterey. Because they're beautiful. America is a continent, not a nation. Now, and assuming you meant the United States of America and not America, i've been to New York City, Orlando (blame my parents), San Francisco, Monterey, Miami and Washington DC. I liked New York City and SF/Monterey best for the same reason i like Veracruz, Puerto Vallarta and Toronto.

Q: Doesn't it piss you off when people say "America" meaning "the USA" and not actually "the american continent"? In fact, doesn't it piss you off that the people from the USA call themselves "americans" and their country "America" and wipe their asses with the fact that Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America and South America are also part of America?

Wolfman Von Jones said:
Ever been to America? If so (or if you are American) what is your favorite city and why?

A: Yep, still here, Mr. President :D

As of cities - have to mention 3:

Los Angeles - people, weather
Philadelphia - location (convenient to get to New York, DC and South Jersey), not that hectic, "easy" crowds at concerts
New York - atmosphere.

Q: Is there some editing ongoing, or I'm being worshipped... again?

:D

UndoControl said:
Q: Doesn't it piss you off when people say "America" meaning "the USA" and not actually "the american continent"? In fact, doesn't it piss you off that the people from the USA call themselves "americans" and their country "America" and wipe their asses with the fact that Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America and South America are also part of America?

Americans - whatever, there always will be citizens, And since US is the most powerful state on the continent(s) - no, I don't have a problem with that.

See ? above :)

A: The question is more likely not if the DT's forum at UM is the gayest forum but if the DT's forum is the UM gay forum I suppose ;)

Q: Am I right? :Smug:

@Undo: you're right. It isn't correct to call the US just America and I never used this appellation. Actually I am (and always has been) used to correct people saying this :loco:

Suddenly, I had a conversation with my roommate about America and all, he started, he's never seen this thread, just a coincidence, but - if you want to be understood - you don't call Mexicans Americans. Technically - yes, they all are Americans, but

1. USA has at least word "America" in the country name.
2. Where did Columbus/Vespucci land (not counting vikings)?
3. There's Latin/Central, North and South Americas, even racially, to be understood right, again, you can't call them all Americans (may be only thinking globally, on planetary scale), I'd distinguish between Latin American and Alaskan Native and Native American. For instance: what is more European - gypsy Romanian or nordic Swede? That's why you have different parts of Europe, too, and there's more pride to be identified by your country, not by continent.

If I say: I am European (and I was born and raised there) - whatta fuck is that? Doesn't add anything to my heritage.

Irrelevant, really, but let's call all Chinese, Japanese and Indian people Asians, all 3 billion. But you'd see how Taiwanese boilpiss when they are called part/province of China.

Aye, try to sift it through, if interested. Just my point.

Cock.

gay.