"New" (2006) Q&A thread

A: Well, ya. I work three, and only one of them is annoying.

A: No, but I think I have good communication skills with women
Q: The work question (I forgot to say "same" earlier. Sorry :ill: )

Tritonus said:
I love it... It's nothing like the alphabet. I mean. it's strange to statr counting on a C but it would ABCDEFG... Isn't it supercool with AHCDEFG?

In Belgium, music notes are called
do, ré, mi, fa, sol, la, si
Means C, D, E, F, G, A, B. We always start with do when we just say the name like I just said, and the C scale is the first we learn, because it has no sharp or flat notes.

Dark_Silence said:
In Belgium, music notes are called
do, ré, mi, fa, sol, la, si
Means C, D, E, F, G, A, B. We always start with do when we just say the name like I just said, and the C scale is the first we learn, because it has no sharp or flat notes.
Isn't do, re, mi... used just in solfegio?

Anyway my comment on A, H, C, D, E, F, G:
I think H makes it unnecessarily complicated. But music theory is like that on many occasions anyway imo.

A: It wouldn't be much different I guess but would make a lot more sense.

Q: Does it make sense that there are no sharps/flats between E/F and B/C?

Vizjaqtaar said:
Isn't do, re, mi... used just in solfegio?

Anyway my comment on A, H, C, D, E, F, G:
I think H makes it unnecessarily complicated. But music theory is like that on many occasions anyway imo.

A: It wouldn't be much different I guess but would make a lot more sense.

Q: Does it make sense that there are no sharps/flats between E/F and B/C?

no, it is used for all music. In guitar, both are used, but I think we more often call the notes do, ré,... . The A,B,.. is more on written tabs, but when we speak we use the solfegio names.

A: i prefer do re mi fa sol la si do. It is the first thing i learned, and I find it terribly difficult when singing a scale, to sing letters, like say you start randomely on E, then you must say E, F, G and the think to go again to A,...
(yeah, I dont know too well the alphabetical order :p)

Q: Have you ever done solfegio? if yes, do you find it difficult?