"New" (2006) Q&A thread

Yeah, my house smells bad now. I want to vomit. I opened all the windows and turned on all the fans, but the kitchen still stinks.

I like to swim.

Do you like rain?

Yeah, probably when I was a kid. I used to run around in the rain all the time in the summer. I don't like rain too much anymore, especially when it storms and the fucking power goes out, but we just had a little downpour here and I was enjoying it for once.

Do you sit around in your underwear when no one is home?

Yes, I just poured a bowl of Apple Jacks since my macaroni failed.

Do you work? If so, what do you do?

A: I work in a book/cd's store near Montreal. It is a big chain in Quebec which is called Renaud-Bray. I also write for a journal called Bang Bang, in french. It is a journal on emergent music, more underground things. (I study literature at university also)

Q: And you?

I work in a grocery store, though I've had some problems there with my boss recently over my hair. I don't know whether to cut it and stay there or keep it and find a new job.

What should I do?

A: You should keep it like that. If they don't accept you the way you are, find a new job where you will be appreciate for your skills and not for your "look".

Q: Have you ever changed something in you (or on you, physically..) to be more accepted by others ?

Hmm, when I was in middle school I tried hard to fit in. After a while, I realized I wasn't going to fit in, and eventually came in to my own. I think I am more respected for it. Do what you want, not what others want. :kickass: Thanks for your input. I've been pretty much decided that I wasn't going to cut it, but I'm seeking other opinions just to make sure I'm not being a complete fool.

Are you respected?

on a sidenote - that would surely be the "being honest to yourself" kind of thing to do, but really - it doesn't work like that. i kept on looking for a job with long hair for months, and finally, once i cut it off, whoopedidoo, the offers came in. it depends on the type of job, of course, if you're going for roadie or something, long hair even might be a bonus. but mostly it isn't. are you really willing to sacrifice a job because of a few centimeters of your hair?

ok, now get back to the topic, please.

Impudent said:
Hmm, when I was in middle school I tried hard to fit in. After a while, I realized I wasn't going to fit in, and eventually came in to my own. I think I am more respected for it. Do what you want, not what others want. :kickass: Thanks for your input. I've been pretty much decided that I wasn't going to cut it, but I'm seeking other opinions just to make sure I'm not being a complete fool.

Are you respected?

A: I guess, if I look to people at work, my friends, my family, I think I can say that I am respected.

Q: Do you trust easily other people?

VultureCulture said:
on a sidenote - that would surely be the "being honest to yourself" kind of thing to do, but really - it doesn't work like that. i kept on looking for a job with long hair for months, and finally, once i cut it off, whoopedidoo, the offers came in. it depends on the type of job, of course, if you're going for roadie or something, long hair even might be a bonus. but mostly it isn't. are you really willing to sacrifice a job because of a few centimeters of your hair?

ok, now get back to the topic, please.
Yes, that's the same thing I've worried about. This problem has actually come up with my boss before and I resisted as long as I could, even finding another job, but scheduling problems caused that job to fall through, and I had to go back to my old one, and cut my hair.

Kathleen23 said:
A: I guess, if I look to people at work, my friends, my family, I think I can say that I am respected.

Q: Do you trust easily other people?
No, I don't trust many people at all.

Do you enjoy spending time with your family?

VultureCulture said:
maybe even your boss is ok with you having long hair, but that doesn't count since the average customer isn't.
Actually, it's quite the opposite. I've even had customers tell me they like my hair.

A: it doesnt change anything at all when you turn 18... at least nothing changes as long as you still live with your parents.

Q: did you get any special presents for your 18th b-day?

edit : the old question VultureCulture answered was, how old will you turn on your next b-day