"New" (2006) Q&A thread

maybe, because of the evolutional heritage that a man will take every sexual partner he can get (because he has infinite "shots"), whereas women need to carefully pick their partners to get good gene material for their offspring. but on the other hand i don't see gay men caring much about offspring at all in the gereral sense.

are there stupid questions?

Impudent said:
Yes, that's the same thing I've worried about. This problem has actually come up with my boss before and I resisted as long as I could, even finding another job, but scheduling problems caused that job to fall through, and I had to go back to my old one, and cut my hair.

I think Im dreaming. Is it really that bad? We had this only during the communist era, and that was a totalitarian regime. All guys had to cut their hair short. Now nobody gives a fuck, the only thing that counts is whether youre any good at your job or not.
And you should take Siren out, silly. :)

A: Because music is a representation of a fragment of ourselves. The music we listen to often gives the others hints on our personality. Also, music serves as a mean of entertainment, relaxation, and social encounters. Most of us metalheads listen to metal because it fulfills a certain need for intensity, violence and raw energy that cannot be rendered through our everyday life. Then, music, without being a means of escape from reality, rather serves a purposes of "venting off the steam". Also, I often seek unique and original bands that really open my mind to broader spheres of creativity and allow me to expand my taste in music.

Q: Your opinion?

A: You're on a need to know basis and you don't need to know...In fact, there's this guy in my improv team who could be referred to as "The human rug". Maybe he's one of them.

Q: Do you keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

A: Good question. I cannot offer you an answer for it, though.

Q: What do you think "invite the dark side in" means? Could it mean invite darkness into your light to balance the light/dark, or could it mean lose all your light to darkness?

A: Quote from the Tranquillian Bible Thread (The I is the perfect image one has for oneself):
6 Stringed Fingers said:
And Haven is the shelter of the spiritual side of the I. It is pure and shiny and all intellectual, but it is not complete. Remember when Mikael sang "to invite the dark side in, in, IN!" That "dark side" he was talking about, in my opinion, is the flesh of the I, which is presented by the brutality in their following albums.

So, yeah, it's a balance.

Q: Do you sometimes think that human psychology is over complicated?

wildfyr said:
Q: What do you think "invite the dark side in" means? Could it mean invite darkness into your light to balance the light/dark, or could it mean lose all your light to darkness?

Given that 6 is a Nietzschean, Im somewhat surprised by his answer. Ive always viewed that line along the line of Platos cave - you need something negative to actually know anything (but its not a ballance), you need to leave the cave and see the light, but before you see the LIGHT, you must get used to it, so first you look at the shadows of things cast by the LIGHT, then at the things themselves, and then you can raise you head towards the LIGHT. So, the negative platonism is in this, negative as the source of positive experience (very roughly). But then theres another question - a question that had its peak in Heideggers "why is there Being at all, rather than Nothing?" Isnt the dark side actually the foundation of the real?

A: Actually I think psychology is way more complicated than the human psyche really is (if thats what you meant).

Q: What do you think?