"New" (2006) Q&A thread

marduk1507 said:
Given that 6 is a Nietzschean, Im somewhat surprised by his answer. Ive always viewed that line along the line of Platos cave - you need something negative to actually know anything (but its not a ballance), you need to leave the cave and see the light, but before you see the LIGHT, you must get used to it, so first you look at the shadows of things cast by the LIGHT, then at the things themselves, and then you can raise you head towards the LIGHT. So, the negative platonism is in this, negative as the source of positive experience (very roughly). But then theres another question - a question that had its peak in Heideggers "why is there Being at all, rather than Nothing?" Isnt the dark side actually the foundation of the real?

It is not the nothingness that is the foundation of the real, but the unreal. It's the same with the birth of matter through the creation of the same amount of antimatter. And that brings about an idea about the negative platonism. The shadow isn't really the negative to the positive light, the negative would be something along the line of un-light, something that's not only the lack of light, but the annihilation of it. And I'm not sure what it bring to the situation. It might be similar to analyzing the positive infinite by starting to count from the negative infinite. It simply cannot be done by humans, and thus negative as the source of positive experience is impossible.

A: Psychology may not be so over-complicated after observing some human relationships, but the over-complication of those psyches maybe the result of over-complication of psychology in turn. That forms a cycle of over-complication of both psychology and human psyche.

Q: Nothing is black or white, but are the shades more black than white, or vice versa?

6 Stringed Fingers said:
It is not the nothingness that is the foundation of the real, but the unreal. It's the same with the birth of matter through the creation of the same amount of antimatter. And that brings about an idea about the negative platonism. The shadow isn't really the negative to the positive light, the negative would be something along the line of un-light, something that's not only the lack of light, but the annihilation of it. And I'm not sure what it bring to the situation. It might be similar to analyzing the positive infinite by starting to count from the negative infinite. It simply cannot be done by humans, and thus negative as the source of positive experience is impossible.

Yeah, you are right, I shoudve said "foundation of how we go about knowing the real", not the real as such. It shouldve been a gnozeological, rather than ontological opinion. As for ontology, its not annihilation, but a total absence of light or being.

A: I dont know.

Q: the same

A: Nope, I just think more than 95% of people are completely worthless and people don't consider that enough when considering a race other than their own.

Q: Are you?

A: No, I think we are a bit off now. In hell babes aren't horny and there's no sex drugs and death metal. Hell is everything we hate. Iff I go to hellt I will end upp with bunch of 14-year old girls who writes to our mornin' paper and listens to Black eyed peas and Madonna... There will be no boys withj long hair. Only boys in JL-shirts, and glasses of protein-shake in their hands. Those boys hate grammar and do not understand why you need the latin terms of your swedish words.

Q: Where you offended by my post, cause I was just describing my old class? That was a lie. Some from my old class.

A: "Everybody's Hell is different. It's not all fire and pain. The real Hell is your life gone wrong." ( taken in "What Dreams May Come" movie...)

Q: Do you believe in life after death ?

( Ewww I took too much time, Tri answered before me, sorry hehe :p)

A: I think so. But it's because I am afraid of death, and not because I "really" think that there is something "after"...

Q: Don't you want to come with us in NYC to see Unexpect ? :p

A: Yes I want to, but no, I can't. I have no money and I have no idea if I'll have school by then. Lastly, my parents would never let me go alone with a group of beer-drinking metalheads to New York. :mad:

Q: Are you content?