New Fan Of DT....Need Album Suggestions

Which is awesome. I'm more then happy to help her out, and keep in mind, she hasn't listened to any DT material.

So, do I give her the Exposures: In Retrospect And Denial cd's? Wouldn't that be good ground for a person who wants to check out the band? Or should I just go for some Projecter and The Gallery? Character?

Thats a tricky question... If she's not familiar with the death metal vocals, then i'd go with Projector to start as it's probably the most accessible DT album... If she is accustomed however, then definatly go with The Gallery becuase it's probably DT's finest hour

Not Character, unless you want her to think DT aren't as amazing as they are. Show her some Gallery, some Projector, some Mind's i and some Haven. You might even want to throw a bit of Damage in there, but if you're going to show her all of that you might as well show her every single song on every single album. I say choose the best tracks from those four albums (which obviously includes all the tracks with female vocals, although it could mislead her into thinking there's a female singer in the band, which there unfortunately isn't) and make a compilation of them. If she likes it, show her the rest. But not Exposures.

Ah, cool, cool. She's into the growling. One of her favorite bands is Death.

But anyways, I guess I should stick with The Gallery and Projector for starters.

But wouldn't exposures be a nice alt choice because of some of the songs that are from different albums?

She'd think DT are like Closure, which release albums with a metal song, a slow rock song, an "alternative" song and so on and you can't really classify the band because every song is a totally different kind of music. But go ahead if oyu think it's a good decision.

UndoControl said:
She'd think DT are like Closure, which release albums with a metal song, a slow rock song, an "alternative" song and so on and you can't really classify the band because every song is a totally different kind of music. But go ahead if oyu think it's a good decision.

Well, it would help if I knew what was on Exposures. I have the cd's, but the package got destroyed when my father accidently tossed it when he was helping me clean my room up a bit. I haven't listened to the second disc. I guess I should check that out now.

I was assuming that the second disc would have good stuff from other albums.

The Gallery and Projector are great, then.

I'd say pick your favourite songs and show her. A song from here, a song from there, you get the picture.

Don't forget Auctioned, chicks dig that.

Siren said:
I'd say pick your favourite songs and show her. A song from here, a song from there, you get the picture.

Don't forget Auctioned, chicks dig that.

I bet their favourite part is also the one from ThereIn:
it was solid
yet everchanging
it was different
and yet the same

:D :D :D

@mardy: hahaha :p

which reminds me the association D_J did of the Lost to Apathy lyrics with impotence. :D