(New) Love/Hate Thread

I gave you one on PSN. :( :lol:

Liking better than the first : Metro Last Light
Not Liking : Working for like two weeks straight

I meant from them! I still gotta check out what you said.

If we haven't said anything, it means you should listen to them all! :D

For real though, No More Color and Mental Vortex are the most immediate recommendations. After that, you go for Grin and the self-titled if you want more progressive influence, or Punishment For Decadence and R.I.P. for more technical playing.

Me personally? My favourites are Punishment For Decadence and No More Color.

Love/Hate: I hate to say it, but it finally happened... I caved in. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- was the fucking dealbreaker, the straw that broke the camel's back.

... I bought a Playstation 3. £75 second hand, not too bad, but still a hefty amount of money for me to shell out. But jesus fucking christ, the new Guilty Gear is so magnificent that I just had to.

Now go get BioShock, Portal 2, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, Batman : Arkham City and all the rest of the great games that have come out in the past few years. :p

Have you made a PSN account?

Love : Metro Last Light. I like this game a lot more than the first one.
Hate : Laptop troubles

No PSN account, fuck that noise. Firstly, I've ordered it online so it won't be here for a week or two yet, and... well, I don't want to get hacked five times a day :lol: BURRRRRRN!

Also, I have precisely zero interest in every title you mentioned. Not because they're bad, just because I simply don't care much for them despite acknowledging how good they are (Portal 2 is rather splendid). My immediate purchases are going to be Guilty Gear Xrd (above everything else!), The King of Fighters XIII, DmC, Sonic '06 (I HAVE to experience that trainwreck for myself!), Ride to Hell: Retribution (ditto :p ), Dark Souls (2?), Mortal Kombat, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Fallout 3, Stick of Truth, and possibly a few HD compilations. As I've said before, I had no intention of buying a Playstation 3 unless an absolutely monolithic title came out for it, and coupled with the relatively low price of the console these days, GGXrd has sealed it completely. Yes, the PS4 version is superior, but barely (1080p instead of 720p, I think I can live with that!) and I don't fancy forking out £300 for a console I'll play two games on. Much like the PS3 when it came out hahaha.

Love: Strabismus operation on my left eye was successful. Hurts like hell but I got a cool red blood stroke inside my eye which is sure to impress all the ladies.

Love: Strabismus operation on my left eye was successful. Hurts like hell but I got a cool red blood stroke inside my eye which is sure to impress all the ladies.

had also an operation on my wrist recently where the plate got removed from my bicycle accident before.. all went good. Not much pain to endure at last but I hate not being able to do much... :mad:

I got Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 on release. Hated it with a burning passion. That game was pure shit.

Love : GTA Online shenanigans, Square Enix sale on PSN
Hate : My laptop. Why does Windows Media Player not recognize my library? -_-

Yep.

Love : Laptop troubles seem to have ceased
Hate : Downloading a demo/trial of FFXIV. Hour number four waiting for it to download.

Uh, it's two weeks, Dave. Geez. :lol: (Though I'm sure the Squeenix execs gave them some shady looks for making it that long. :lol: )
It's kinda cool, though. I don't really like MMOs due to how much mundane crap they make you do, but I can overlook it if the world interests me enough (like DC Universe Online). Still, I doubt I'll pay a subscription for this game. I refuse to do that kind of crap. :devil:

The game is actually pretty fun so far. Not much in the way of story, though....

Love : Being off for three days, that my inventory work marathon is over
Hate : Exhaustion.

Love: Guilty Gear Xrd, obviously!
Not Sure: The input windows are... off. Performing a Dragon Install (Double QCB+HS) is absolutely piss easy in every other title, but here, it's really fucking finicky with the timing. The weirdest bit is that the inout frames are actually too large rather than too small.
Even Less Sure: Devil May Cry 4. Fuck me, this game is hard.

DMC4 was where I started losing faith in Capcom. You'll see what I mean the further you get.

Love : 100 Bullets, Metro : Last Light, Porcupine Tree
Hate : /

Hate: Exams in two weeks and feeling unprepared, co-ordination of a birthday dinner that isn't going right at all, being too scared to ask a girl out.
Love: Chips, the new Angelus Apatrida album, Raptors vs. Nets tonight.

DMC4 was where I started losing faith in Capcom. You'll see what I mean the further you get.

Love : 100 Bullets, Metro : Last Light, Porcupine Tree
Hate : /

I remember my brother beating DMC 4, said it was okay. I just remember thinking Virgil or Dante or whatever look like a couple of boring pussies, even more so in the latest one.

Also, Keenan, how far are you in 100 Bullets?