(New) Love/Hate Thread

Yeah, I don't do the "elitist / true" thing. I dabbled with the idea in my earlier years of I guess what I'd call, metal discovery. But as I got older I not only discovered more and more underground gems which I loved, but also became more comfortable to admit I loved bigger, more mainstream bands too. Once you know it's more true to listen to whatever the fuck you like than solely listening to 'cult' bands it all becomes a lot more rewarding in my opinion.

For example some of these "true" metal heads may well be missing out on potentially enjoyable albums because they dismiss a band due to their look, time, reputation or popularity. I think that's pretty sad.

"Trueness" has nothing to do with how popular something is. Iron Maiden is true.

Yeah, I don't do the "elitist / true" thing. I dabbled with the idea in my earlier years of I guess what I'd call, metal discovery. But as I got older I not only discovered more and more underground gems which I loved, but also became more comfortable to admit I loved bigger, more mainstream bands too. Once you know it's more true to listen to whatever the fuck you like than solely listening to 'cult' bands it all becomes a lot more rewarding in my opinion.

For example some of these "true" metal heads may well be missing out on potentially enjoyable albums because they dismiss a band due to their look, time, reputation or popularity. I think that's pretty sad.

^
yep.. it gets completely ignored. If it's not true enough then it's uninteresting... I really don't get that behaviour but most people on Fb have no identity either - just hiding behind a username or virtual personality. I'd love to know which jobs they have and who they really are.
Anyway it's not important. I just feel more comfortable being out of this place really more and more - which doesn't mean that I login still from time to time.

Are you guys fucking retarded?

bitch_im_flawless.gif

*we're

Oh it got worse this evening - first thing I get told when I get in from work? My dog died today.

Fuck me, anything else life wants to do just to make existence feel even emptier? Get it outta the way now, fuck 11 more months of this shit.