(New) Love/Hate Thread

Pretty certain that if I type the name, their surveillance bots will get me :lol: I wish I was joking, but they DO monitor mention of the company online. Still, those fucking idiots couldn't run a company if they banged their shin on it. They're going to hate me once I get back; I have a funeral to go to next Friday, a festival to work next month, a wedding AND a wedding anniversary within a week of each other in September, a show in Kettering that may or may not be surrounded with a full tour, another show in December alongside recording drums for the Nefasturris album... all topped off with the (very distant) possibility of tours all over the place next year. May as well just quit.

Good part is, I TECHNICALLY don't have to work a fucking thing above what I'm contracted for. On the other hand, my contract is for *drum roll* one hour. A week. I work anywhere between 1600-3000% of what I'm contracted for, without any of the benefits of actually having said contract. Downside to that is that any 'holidays' I take (I use the term holiday VERY loosely here, it's always work) I only get paid £7.20 or some shit per week. That's gonna change if I still have a damn job when I get home, as I told them in no uncertain terms that I'll be requesting changes to my contract to cover my ass. That way I can take a week or two off to see my family without worrying as to whether or not I'l be starving the next month.

tl;dr - lol fuck work

Yeah companies like that don't last long, they're full of noobs, lack motivation and respect for their staff. As a manager I noticed, if no one wants to work for you then they'll do a shitty job of things so respect and mutual co worker friendship is kind of important, otherwise it turns into a corporate drone kinda job no one enjoys. That contract sounds kinda dodgy though, I'd just quit and find something easymode for the mean time while you have loads going on.

You might like security, 4 days on 4 days off at most places. All you do is get a SIA badge and plenty of those jobs out there. It's great having 4 day weekends all the time. :rofl:

I did security for a few years, don't have it in me anymore. My anxiety is way too bad for conflicts these days, plus... I mean, I just dislike people. Drunken obnoxious people are even worse hahaha. Not to mention the fact that I got dicked around by at least four different firms, so I just gave up.

I'm pretty much going back to throwing stuff at the writing/Youtube wall until something sticks for a while.

Ooh I don't touch doors, ew god no. I mean patrol security where you're guarding a building, there's like no one around at night and you're only there to serve a presence, if there's trespassers (rarely) all you do is lock yourself in the cab and call the police. Easy! :D

I'm wanting to move on to CCTV for public places but the badge is hard to get, it's made to be tricky and they charge you a few hundred quid each time you do the training, cunts.

If my company expand to Sheffield I'll let ya know haha! Good luck though.

Reactions: D.Ingram
One of these Dave you'll get a job that doesn't suck di-
Oh wait never mind, you live in the UK and it's the beginning of the apocalypse there

Love: Really happy lately
Hate: Owe my friend $50 for a real dumb reason, lame

My anxiety is way too bad for conflicts these days, plus... I mean, I just dislike people. Drunken obnoxious people are even worse hahaha. Not to mention the fact that I got dicked around by at least four different firms, so I just gave up.

Ah, yes. I have that problem, too. Working in retail for nearly ten years will do that to you. :lol:

Love/Hate : Turned 26 today.

One of these Dave you'll get a job that doesn't suck di-
Oh wait never mind, you live in the UK and it's the beginning of the apocalypse there

doesn't really seem it tbh, everythings just going on as normal, the pound even picked up a bit.

"Although the Sterling is still struggling, the news that Mrs May will be in post this week has seen the pound to Euro exchange rate rise to 1.1802 today, while the Euro to Pound Sterling exchange rate was at 0.8472."

Love: Picked up Manic Panic Creamtones Velvet Violet, tried a strand test on my hair and the colour is really nice.
Hate: Super bored lately.

Ha I'm younger, by 2 months. My birthday soon, urgh. Make it stahp!
Happy birthday for yesterday btw.

Love: I dunno why but I never bothered to get into Bloodbath before now I'm loving them.
Also this

Hate: "Queen Elizabeth Appoints Former Home Secretary as 76th Prime Minister of UK" fml

Last edited:
I know it's late but happy birthday Keenan. 26 is still young. Hell, I'm 30 later in the year and I still feel young...

Hate: ...even if my life kind of feels meaningless at the moment!

I tend to think of them as being Apple. In one of the early episodes someone has what is essentially an iPad with a big E on the back of it.

I just looked into it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MrRobot/comments/3lcinj/what_is_the_closest_company_to_ecorp/

This thread is quite a good read actually, I kinda agree with this comment: "I think the Evil Corp is a metaphorical representation of the entire modern corporation-market system. They aren't necessarily a shoe in for Apple, or Microsoft or IBM but a hypothetical conglomerate of Apple, IBM, Bank of America/Capital One, etc..."

My dream job. Feet up, watching a bank of monitors and feeling in control.

Well, it's not exactly easy to get a CCTV job these days, guard patrol however is easy - a little kid could probably do the test, but the CCTV badge is made to be tricky and costs like £400 a go for the training, where it's easy to fail it, but you don't necessarily need the CCTV badge unless you're working on public property. But Security is ALL looks, you just need the various badges to 'look' professional so the more badges and experience you have the more employable you are. I'd never do doors though, that stuff is better suited for strong hench people who can literally pick some drunk up and throw them haha.
It's definitely a good job for misanthropic people I guess, no ones around and it's at night time, employers are always after guards who won't fall asleep on their shift cause this happens a lot, someone actually told me thats why women guards are sought after more, as sexist as it is they're seen as "more reliable"... oh well.

Love: I bought some strawberry & banana smoothies from Asda(UK superstore), and then froze it for like an hour, took it out and then blended it and now I have a slushie/smoothie and it's cooling me down a lot.
also love: I bought a 32" 1080p TV to use as a monitor, I should've done this sooner, my eyes be eyegasming all over the place. I've got another TV coming but that's 50" for a PS4 when I get it. I WAS gonna get a 40" but it was only an extra £50 so I figured I might as well get the next size.

Hate: THIS FUCKING HEAT WHY IS IT SO HOT GIVE ME BACK THE TYPICAL BRITISH WEATHER PLS I CAN'T COPE I MISS THE RAIN
also hate: Hemlock Grove, fucking shit series who even pretends to kill cats kdjhalskfhask

Last edited: