(New) Love/Hate Thread

Can't be much worse can it....!

Saying that was pretty saddened by the news of Alexi Laiho's passing this morning. One of my favourite guitarists... always loved Children of Bodom, he was one of the best to ever do it. Sad news!

LOVE: Enjoying my coffee time this morning to some of my very favourite Bodom ... a lot of you here will agree, fucking badass :kickass:

Hope everyone here had a good holidays. Here's hoping things turn out just a little better this year.

Between the news of Alexi and MF Doom, it's been a hell of a shock. I've seen people online and IRL talk about how finding out Doom passing away on Halloween and it being revealed to us on New Years was hard for them, and I turn around and see the same shit for Alexi. Wasn't a MASSIVE fan of either, but there are definitely tunes I enjoyed from their catalogues. Terrible to see them go as they did.

Hate: Running on minimal energy because I couldn't manage to fall asleep properly.
Like: N/A

Fuck! I've become a pretty big Bodom over the last few years so this is pretty devastating to me, personally. Read an article that said he passed from "Several long term health issues" which sounds to me like the heavy metal lifestyle finally caught up with him. 41 is too young to die. Oddly enough, professional wrestler Jon Huber (WWE's Luke Harper/Brodie Lee on the indies and in AEW) was the same age when he passed away a week ago.

RIP Alexi, hope you're having a hell of a jam session with Dio, Dime, Chuck and the rest. :kickass:

Cannot tell if I’m just being hyper critical/overworried but to me it sounds a little generic, but then again it is like a 10 second clip. I still very much look forward to the full release and will go in with an open mind

WOOP WOOP KEENAN :lol:

7QJz.gif

Last edited:
I’ve turned around on it, definitely more excited than I was yesterday. Only 29~ days to go, wish Dave was here to see this, sure he’d be hella excited

Excited but also a bit concerned about the new Evile release. Hospitals are already overwhelmed dealing with Covid, how can they possibly be expected to keep up with all the cases of whiplash and neck strain due to excessive headbanging that are sure to result from the release of the new album?

Reactions: Podgie
:lol:

Hate: Since we're in "lockdown 3.0" here I'm trying to do my grocery shopping online, there's no delivery slots available anywhere, anytime. Annoying, as now I'm going to have to go out among the masses to do a supply run... urgh.

^ I actually just came on here to say something about that. Shit's crazy. Like, what the fuck. How was SWAT not on top of this and taking people down within minutes. I mean, I know why, but still...

To clarify for anyone not following, our president wound everyone up earlier today and Trump supporters proceeded to literally take over the Capitol Building. It was basically a riot and an actual act of terrorism. President told them (when asked to by president elect Biden) to and I quote "Go home. We love you. You're special."

To everyone on here that doesn't live in the US, I promise not everyone over here is crazy or stupid. Sadly, the ones that ARE that stupid and crazy are louder than everyone else and tend to drown out the sane ones.

Reactions: zerostatic
It's just so frustrating to see people call it a protest and call them protesters. Like, no. BLM was a protest, these cunts were rioting and they're all just gonna get away with it no problem. Black people get killed just for existing and these people break in the US capitol and then just go home. Legit terrorism and they're all just gonna go home and be on tv doing interviews and go on Dancing with the stars and shit

Reactions: zerostatic
Shit's fucked up. The worst part is that this might not even be the end of it. Who knows what these crazies will do once Trump actually leaves office.

Love : Spoilers for the new Magic set KALDHEIM start today. As someone who enjoys viking/norse mythology/imagery, I am EXCITED.
Also love : Cyberpunk 2077. It makes me sad that most people can't see past HAHAHA FLOATING CIGARETTE UNFINISHED GAME LMAOOOO because they're missing out on some incredible storytelling. I think I'm gonna try and finish it today.
Hate : People.

Fuck those treasonous terrorists. Charge them with sedition or treason. Remove all the elected officials who encouraged and supported that attack on our Democracy. I even saw links and pictures indicating Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth was one of the Trumpanzees who participated in storming the capitol building. So fuck him and Iced Earth.

Jon Schaffer from Iced Earth was one of the who participated in storming the capitol building. So fuck him and Iced Earth.

"Trumpanzees" :lol:

Seriously though, shit was fucked up.

And for the record I never really liked Iced Earth, used to enjoy Night of the Stormrider... but haven't listened to it for a long long time, maybe 10 years... so I really don't remember.

Love: Sunday mornings, waking up laughing, Iron Maiden

LOVE: Finished Cyberpunk 2077. Absolutely incredible game, bugs and glitches aside. Johnny Silverhand is amazing.
Also love : How cold it is right now. Our short glimpses of winter we get down here are always welcome, in my opinion.
Hate : The amount of cleaning I'm about to start doing. *rolls up sleeves*

Still gotta finish Cyberpunk, was getting further but then it started crashing more often so I got a bit frustrated.

love: finally got the new ssd for my computer!
hate: learning how to install windows on it and move my programs. yikes