(New) Love/Hate Thread

That sucks Keenan. And yeah...13 and 14 year olds can be awful...but the ones who are good make the job worth it. To be 18 again.....invincible and the smartest age group alive. I think Alice Cooper's song I'm 18 sums up that age very well.

He was a very interesting person. Very private, too. He was a really good dude and he totally would've broken down had he made a big thing out of saying goodbye. I understand that's why he skipped out on it and it really doesn't surprise me that he did it.... I'm just upset that he did it. Very conflicting emotions right now. It also leaves a massive vacuum in management because he was one of two managers who actually did things for other people. Next few weeks are gonna be very interesting to say the least.

Love : One trophy away from platinum on Control
Also love : Downloading Remnant : From the Ashes because it's free
Hate : THIS BULLSHIT
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/01/nikes-general-manager-of-north-america-ann-hebert-departs.html

Damn those conflicts of interest. When I was younger I always wanted a pair of Jordan's, but was too poor to afford them. As an adult, my go to leisure shoe is Vans. At this point I have too many pairs of Vans...my Slytherin Vans, Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Nightmare Before Christmas, Simpsons and my newest pair are slip ons with a skull face that glows in the dark.

Love: Got second vaccine on Monday and feeling much better today. Still going to be cautious and wear a mask in public, but I did book a staycation for a couple of nights at a nice hotel for my spring break.

Hate: Being forced to enter into a legal agreement to use a private company to monitor for covid symptoms. I have to check in every morning and have basically agreed to allow this company access to personal health data. The consequence for not agreeing is not using the program. The consequence for not using the program is discipline including losing pay and possible termination.

Like: There's a preview for a new Evile track, releasing March 18th.
Hate: The days are starting to blend into itself. It feels like I blinked and all of a sudden three weeks have passed and I'm starting to get too paranoid to leave home even just for a walk.

Imagine having to leave your job because your son is an idiot who couldn't think ahead. Embarassing to see.

Damn those conflicts of interest. When I was younger I always wanted a pair of Jordan's, but was too poor to afford them. As an adult, my go to leisure shoe is Vans. At this point I have too many pairs of Vans...my Slytherin Vans, Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Nightmare Before Christmas, Simpsons and my newest pair are slip ons with a skull face that glows in the dark.

That's a lot of Vans. I don't think I ever owned a pair of Vans or Converse as a kid and by the time I thought about trying them on, they felt way too weird without the ankle support of a nike hightop.

I like the snippet of the new one more than Hell Unleashed. Can't wait to hear the full version on the 18th!

Love : Three weeks until Invincible starts on Amazon Prime :kickass:
Hate : My manager leaving abruptly has opened up some deeply buried problems in our store. I have a feeling that shit is about to hit the fan soon. It's not the same anymore. :(

New snippet sounds decent, just worried all the songs will have the same type of structure because it seems real similar to the last one. Just can't help but be worried, been so damn long since the last album

love: my mom hasn't been home for like 2 weeks so it's been real peaceful and i'm happier
hate: she's coming back soon, also bruh can a dude get a new graphics card

Love : Restarted Dark Souls 2 for the first time since like 2015. Game is still great, but it's flaws are more prevalent this time around.
Hate : Struck out multiple times on getting a PS5 in the past week :(

Hate: Being forced to enter into a legal agreement to use a private company to monitor for covid symptoms. I have to check in every morning and have basically agreed to allow this company access to personal health data. The consequence for not agreeing is not using the program. The consequence for not using the program is discipline including losing pay and possible termination.

Hang on, just noticed this ...that's fucked up. Basically mandatory so this company can access your personal health data...

Dude, I am stuck between a rock and hard place. The teachers' association/union has rolled over and agreed to a lot of unreasonable conditions. Meanwhile my wife is saying I should resist going back, but I don't want to lose my job!

Damn. That sounds pretty rough. Any other schools in the area you could try and transfer to?

Love : Kalax, Dark Souls 2
Hate : In line on Sony Direct trying to get a PS5. Chances are nearly nonexistent at this point as I still have an "estimated 45 minute wait".

LOVE : ANOTHER SONY DIRECT QUEUE HAPPENED AND I HAD A PRE-RESERVED SLOT. PS5 ACQUIRED.

HELL YEAH B) I've had mine since launch day and I do very much enjoy it. 10000% recommend playing the Astro's game that comes pre-installed on it, I platinumed it and it's so much fun

Love: actually absolutely love the new Evile single, the second half of it takes a fun turn and i'm so so into it
Hate: Waiting for that stimmy, like... lets go man

Reactions: zerostatic
Love: Got my stimmy yesterday!
Hate: Going to sit down and figure out what I owe the taxman this weekend before I blow my stimmy on booze and metal!

Love: New Evile track is great.
Don't Like: Not a lot of work to be done. Outside of some revisons I spent the majority of the day doing nothing.
Hate: Provincial premier is a knob head and we're apparently going into a third wave here in Ontario. Just when we started to get below 1200 cases per day.

Love : The PS5 is an incredible console. The Demon's Souls remake is equally amazing. Like, holy shit. The new features and the whole controller vibration thing are CRAZY.
Hate : Kinda snapped on someone at work on Friday. Consequences remain to be seen.

Reactions: zerostatic
Hang in there, Keenan!
Love: Spring break is next week. Wife didn't leave me, yet.

Hate: Lost my appeals to continue work remotely. Reported back to work Monday, no students on campus yet for my grade. A lot of sloppy mask wearing from other teachers. I stayed in my classroom and did my fucking job. Called off sick today, I just couldn't sit in the haunted plague box of a library for 2 + hours of training with a room full of adults, many who are not taking mask wearing seriously. Imagine I will face the music tomorrow.

Hopefully you get off as light as I did. The girl I snapped on kinda just dropped it. :lol:

Love : New Magic spoilers start tomorrow and INVINCIBLE STARTS ON FRIDAY
Hate : Not much at the moment.

could not imagine being a teacher in all of this, yikes. hoping for the best

love: read a little today, that was nice
hate: waiting for the stimulus sucks. just. show up.