(New) Love/Hate Thread

LOVE: This is going to be the first time I've had more than 4 or 5 days off from work in 6 years.
HATE: The circumstances... can't really leave the house here. Or, my girlfriend's house, anyway.

Still, all is well really. Hope you all guys and your families are okay during these strange, strange times. I almost feel like I'm starring in some kind of fucked up apocalyptic dystopian sci-fi flick.

Luckily, I'm not much of a social person to begin with, so the immediate impact of not leaving my house doesn't really hurt me too much, but... last I heard, there were nearly 5,000 cases of Coronavirus in Florida, so that's pretty worrying. Especially since yesterday it was right around 4,000.

Love : Replaying Bloodborne
Also love : New Nile, Insomnium and Lamb of God
Hate : I actually have no idea when all this virus nonsense is gonna end or what the end result is going to look like.

Love: Being able to work from home. A day spent chilling with the dogs is better than a day spent babysitting 13 and 14 year olds. I haven't had to tell anyone to shut the fuck up, put away their cell phone, take off their hood, pull up their pants in over two weeks!

Hate: Not much at the moment

Love : Seeing all the people suddenly having a newfound respect for teachers. (Like, moreso than usual, I mean.)
Hate : Seeing the number of cases of coronavirus in Florida double nearly every day...

That's a good point Keenan! I hope people don't forget that it was retail workers, truckers, IT guys, and medical workers who kept society going when the rest of us were told to stay home! Are you still working?

Hate: Governor of Nevada extended the stay at home order through the end of April. I'm starting to get Cabin Fever here. I miss being able to bum around Target or even visit the pub on a Friday night for a drink or too.

Hate: I got added to a whatsapp group with my co-workers. I don't have any problems with them but I try to keep my shit separate between personal and private life, and I know that one of these days I'm gonna send the wrong message to the wrong chat and it's not gonna be fun.

Also I won't be able to set my display pic to something stupid, but uhhhhh that's not very important i guess.

Also, yes, I went to visit my Australia shirt in the National Football Museum too!! Can't believe you were there!!

Found that too. I forgot how nice they looked. It's up there with the Japan national team too.

Hate: Governor of Nevada extended the stay at home order through the end of April. I'm starting to get Cabin Fever here. I miss being able to bum around Target or even visit the pub on a Friday night for a drink or too.

You guys have a stay at home order? Jesus. We're being discouraged about group outings to the point people are getting fined in the thousands if they violate it.

Luckily, I'm not much of a social person to begin with, so the immediate impact of not leaving my house doesn't really hurt me too much, but... last I heard, there were nearly 5,000 cases of Coronavirus in Florida, so that's pretty worrying. Especially since yesterday it was right around 4,000.

I know Florida has it's great share of crazy headlines to come out, but that's an alarming amount of cases.

^Oh, it's over 7000 now. No joke, the number basically doubles every few days. It's insane.

That's a good point Keenan! I hope people don't forget that it was retail workers, truckers, IT guys, and medical workers who kept society going when the rest of us were told to stay home! Are you still working?

I've been out for nearly three weeks. Thankfully, Nike is an amazing company and is paying us all despite us being closed. Also, our governor finally shut us down today. I don't leave the house much anyway, but... now we can't.

Honestly? I'm just glad you guys are okay, if you can work from home? Cool. If you can't and your company is going to pay you? Great. Other than the obvious social implications, which don't really affect me and Keenan 'cause we have no fucking friends haha ...no, seriously - I'd like to hang with the few friends I have at the few bars and places I like to go to. But of course there is a bigger picture, we as low risk people have the responsibility to not fuck people up. Basically.

Truth is my family are a long way away (even in this tiny country haha) but my Dad is sick and I just hope he gets over it and I get to go back to normal ASAP. As fucking cheesy as it sounds.

And yes, I am using this forum as some kind of therapeutic release. I mean, not to sound double cheesy but LOVE: metal is the one constant thing we can ALWAYS depend on being there for us.

HATE: Nothing right now. Life is too short.

Well shit.

Also, I know I shouldn't make light of the situation we're in, but...

9000 now. Holy shit.

dragon-ball-z-kakarot-its-over-9000-1280x720.jpg

Love: Woke up to a message from my Mum, her and my Dad are feeling better. A big relief for me since they've been suffering from this fucking virus for the best part of 2 weeks. Hope you guys families are all okay, especially the elders among us.

Hate: Mainstream media / news. The fact summer is finally beginning to show itself here and we're all stuck indoors...

EDIT: Also love: my quarantine 'morning' routine. It's kind of become wake up when I want, drink loads of coffee and listen to a load of albums. Kind of nice since I work 6 day weeks in the real world and don't usually have the time to do that.

Last edited:
Glad to hear they're feeling better, Podgie! :kickass:

Love : Dragon Quest XI, all the random albums I've been listening to.
Hate : Uncertainty regarding the aftermath of this damn virus.

Thanks Keenan, really appreciate it ...why is there no love hear emoji on this fucking forum?

As for the aftermath? I would imagine some serious financial implications, like a global economic recession never before seen... On the positive we might see humanity display a lot more appreciation and consideration for some things.

Or a war on China (joke...)

I think there will be an initial BOOM after this all clears up when everyone starts going out again. Not sure what'll happen after that, though. A big recession would not surprise me. As for China, well... I mean, I don't profess to know a lot about world politics, nor do I really want to start some big argument on here, but... China seems kinda fishy. Something... isn't right about this whole situation and I think they may have had something to do with how bad it's become. How? Why? I have no idea. It's just a hunch I have, ill-founded as it may be. I dunno.

Anyway...

Love : The Final Fantasy VII remake came out today! After nearly five years since the announce trailer, and nearly FIFTEEN years since that PS3 tech demo tease (which counts... kind of!), it's finally here!
Hate : I won't get my copy until Tuesday because Amazon's prioritizing essentials and whatnot. (which is kinda hard to complain about)
Also hate : For all his excitement about it, Dave was never able to play it. :(

Last edited:
fucking holy shit this whole Corona Virus crap fucked me really up!!
I was really thinking about leaving the Forum. Iam still not sure if I should do it or not. It's dead. Almost.

Love: Stopped with beer. Finally only one today. Do alot for my health at the moment.
I feel better without the alcohol. It's devastating.. i drank too much in the past I was drunk without even knowing it.
It's better to stop now I guess than too late with a liver cirrhosis or whatever.
Hate: not really much at the moment.

Hate: I got a hospital appointment soon and as a precaution I'm not eating anything until it's done. But I really want a coffee so bad, I feel like I'm going to break.
Like: Working from home helps a little.
Hate: I'm getting tired of working from home. I wish I was back at the office sometimes.

Love : Just beat Sekiro : Shadows Die Twice
Hate : It took literally everything I had and now I feel mentally and physically exhausted :lol: