New MLB 2010 thread

The Texas Rangers are the worst franchise in sports. We have never won a playoff series, and the only times we made it we were probably the most juiced up team in history.
Now, we were supposed to contend this year and we lose one of our 3 best players to start the season (Kinsler) our 3rd starter (Hunter) and no one else not named Nelson Cruz can hit the damn ball. Oh... and our owner is broke and can't finalize a sale while our manager does coke in the dugout.

The Texas Rangers are the worst franchise in sports. We have never won a playoff series, and the only times we made it we were probably the most juiced up team in history.
Now, we were supposed to contend this year and we lose one of our 3 best players to start the season (Kinsler) our 3rd starter (Hunter) and no one else not named Nelson Cruz can hit the damn ball. Oh... and our owner is broke and can't finalize a sale while our manager does coke in the dugout.
Tell Michael Young and Elviz Andrus to start hitting. My fantasy team is getting demolished.

Worst franchise is probably the Expos/Nationals, although my baseball history knowledge is spotty pre-2000. Who knows what could've happened with the Expos during that strike shortened season. They had a team full of hall-of-famers.

Hopefully, this fiasco is just what we need to kickstart a full transition to replay. And I really do hope they overturn the decision and give the poor kid the perfect game.

That poor pitcher, I feel so bad for him it is not even funny. He went his whole life dreaming what every pitcher does growing up and that is pitching a perfect game, and that ump made one of the worst calls ever. I respect that player today for forgiving him, but I don't think this will ever be forgotten. Now the MLB is finally looking into instant replay, it is sad that they wait for something like this in order to finally make a move.

Just because the record books don't say it, doesn't mean the game wasn't perfect. It's a 28-out perfect game in everyone's mind.

I heard earlier today on the radio that the commissioner Bud Selig is going to review the replay and the call, but he's not going to reverse the decision. What's the point then?

OK, so the Nationals have Stephen Strasburg, the biggest pitching prospect and drafted Bryce Harper, an uber hyped batter. If these two guys turn out to be the real deal, I see a very bright future for DC.

I mean, Strasburg put on one helluva show tonight, but that was against the Pirates.