New Opeth Album (#8)

haggard said:
Just because he's in the band doesn't mean he has to play all the time. That would sound really bad.

lol, I can imagine it, Mike playing the band a real heavy riff, and then Per nudges Mike and says "yeah thats cool but why dont we add this to it" Per then starts pulling off some extremely cheesey synth pop on his casio keyboard

someone should make a thread about the new cd title - just guesses and what you would want/think it will be - and maybe the allmighty will rip you off if its good enough :D

with Per on full-time, Maybe Opeth will now cover Camel's "Ice" when playing live

god that'd be teh rocks

I think they should have Steven Wilson help again just cause does a kick A$$ job and I hope they do a couple mellow songs. Im not expecting another Damnation, although it is my favorite album, I just love Opeths mellow songs as well.

I bet the new album will have some mellow songs, because almost every one of theirs has had some like, like credence from MAYH, benigthed from still life, harvest from BWP, and for absent friends from deliverence

I was thinking Per would do stuff like bells, maybe some Dargaard style harps.. mostly quiet stuff, maybe some cello and violin would be cool, maybe some flute. Now that you mention it, it would be awesome to hear Still Life performed with Opeth and a huge orchestra. XD! If they did it right, that is... <3 <3

I would more expect Edge of Sanity (Crimson 2 specifically) style keys in it - mostly for ambience and background stuff, with maybe a few leads here and there. I think it could defenitely work.

i just got off the phone with mike: the only thing per will be playing is a straight up piano.
there will be no orchestra.
probably five songs.
no title as of yet.
that is all for now.

mylovedenied said:
You actually know mike?! Lucky bastard. ;-)

joining ultimate metal - $0.00
viewing threads on Opeth forum - $0.00
believing dorian gray on the previous statement - Priceless

"some things you cant buy...but for every noob...theres gullibility"