NFL 2004 Season

Abryl

Six Super Bowl rings
Jul 9, 2003
Andi Deris' pants
www.myspace.com
Well, it's already week 6 but never too late to start an NFL thread. Anyone who loves this sport, let's talk about it here. Cowboys fans are not welcome tho ;)

So far, I think the Eagles and the Patriots are looking damn good, and of course, the Steelers :D

Come on, Bryant and Wicked Child, let's post :hotjump:

The Jaguars are looking nice....so far. But honestly, i don't see them going too far this season. I like the Steelers this season, and The Giants look nice too. And of course......The Donovan Mc. Nabb and Terrell Owens Show AKA The Philidelphia Eagles. They almost made it last year, and i predict that this may be their year, finally.

As for my two teams.......I cry for my 49ers every night. We lose Garcia to the Cleaveland Browns and Owens to the Eagles, and look what happens to us!
We're 1-4!!!! Despite losing Clinton Portis to the Redskins, my Broncos still look decent, but i doubt they'll make it past the first round of the play offs this season, even I can admit that.

The San Diego Chargers....winning!? Sure, they're 3-2, but that's pretty good for my local team(I live within San Diego county). But i really don't see them going too far.

I don't think the Eagles & the Vikings can get the job done down the stretch.
The Patriots are nearly unstoppable, they should have the entire AFC in a panick.
I see the Steelers are doing well, and with their Rookie QB. I'm impressed, also with McAllister's addition to the team, I think they wil have a shot if they can stay health.
It's hard seeing "The Bus" in a back-up type role, but he's getting some playing time as well.
How about the ATL?! I had to plug the Falcons, they are my team. Vick is struggling with the new offense. It was a matter of time before the lost, there were too many close games, Arizona & the 49ers, they won both games by a combined 5 points! And thsoe two teams are among the bottom in the NFL! I think they can bounce back, end their season & head into the playoffs. They are already leading the NFC South & I foreseen them staying on top for the remainder of the season. They end their year at Seattle, which I'm thinking about scoring some tickets to. Both of those teams lost last week, but both will be in the playoffs.
Green Bay hasn't recovered from getting blasted 2 years ago @ home, by ATL, remember that? Vick rolled into town to come out on top & Favre(a former Falcon) hasn't ever been the same....
I'm shocked that Detroit & NY Giants are playing as well as they are.
The Chargers look like they might snap out of their losing ways & they have passed that on to the Chiefs.
Coaches that should get the axe:
Hasslet & Wannsted(SP?)
It's like reliving the same season year in year out with these two.
Two that are on the bubble:
Dennis Erickson, though he reminds me of GW Bush inheriting
the economy that Clinton created. He's doing what he can with what he got.
Also John Gruden, he's like John Kerry, flip flopping QB's like JK does on issues...

It's a shame what's happening to the 49ers. They had to struggle to beat the Cardinals, that's pretty bad. But the biggest dissapoinment so far has to be Green Bay, damn I wanted to see Favre win another Super Bowl. Guess not :(

Abryl said:
YAAAAYY!! Steelers beat the Cowboys :hotjump: :hotjump:
When I tuned in the 4th quarter, the Boys were ahead 20 to 17...
I guess I'd better catch NFL Prime Time tonight with that load Chris Berman, then!:erk: I saw that the Broncos decimated the Raiders at home...:tickled:
The black hole, isn't all that intimidating anymore...:puke:
It's like a stadium full of the village people & the munsters if you ask me...:p

My Broncos SLAUGHTERED The Raiders!!! To quote Jackie Gleason(the dude from the Honeymooners);"Oh, how sweet it is!" The Raiders are my least favorite team in the NFL, born and raised a Raider hater, much like how i was born and raised a Broncos fan. GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!

Wicked Child said:
My Broncos SLAUGHTERED The Raiders!!! To quote Jackie Gleason(the dude from the Honeymooners);"Oh, how sweet it is!" The Raiders are my least favorite team in the NFL, born and raised a Raider hater, much like how i was born and raised a Broncos fan. GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!
I hope Jerry Rice get either released or traded...
He's tarnishing his legacy, by being on that Raiders team...:erk:

I am very happy with the way The Steelers are playing, but I don't know if they can hang with the elite teams like New England and Philidelphia. I suppose we will find out after this bye week as they are playing those two teams back to back. Unfortunately, veterans NT Casey Hampton and CB Chad Scott may be lost for the season after suffering knee injuries in the Cowboys game.
If The Steelers can come out of these next two games 1 and 1 or better, I will feel very confident that they can play with any teams in the NFL. Replacing Hampton is going to be tough but maybe Kendrell Bell will be able to return after the bye and that should help some.

Bryant