NFL 2004 Season

sixxswine said:
I see the Steelers are doing well, and with their Rookie QB. I'm impressed, also with McAllister's addition to the team, I think they wil have a shot if they can stay health.
Dont you mean Staley? fucking traitor :yell: .....and of all the teams....Stealers :yuk:

I always thought I was the only metalhead that was a huge NFL fan ... nice to see I'm not. Fuck college by the way.

Shamefully I haven't been able to keep up with a lot of the action this season, been busy the past few Sundays. I finally got to sit down last Sunday however and watch that great game between the Pats and Seahawks.
It's nice to see my team Denver doing well. I miss Clinton Portis greatly, and still long for the glory days with Davis, Sharpe, and Elway. :erk: Ah well, I agree they might make it to the Wildcard playoffs, maybe even the Divisional but no further.

Philly is looking great with McNabb and Owens connecting. Some may hate the mouth that Terrell has but I can't help but agree on him when he claims he's finally with a "real quarterback". Sorry, San Franciso but Garcia was a pussy. At least now he's exhibiting his true potential with a "real quarterback" that can get the job done.
It's still far too early to make any assumptions on Super Bowl teams, but New England has to be up there. In fact, I don't see any reason why the Pats won't repeat. The coaching is genius, the players play as a team and get the job done efficiently ... and they've gotten it done against superb teams for the majority of the last 20 games.
There's no doubt they'll lose at least one or two games (let's face it, it's damn near impossible to go undefeated in the NFL, especially in this day and age).

So far New England and Philadelphia look like the teams to go, and I hope they do. As much as McNabb and co. deserve a ring, if it's against the Pats I don't see them winning. Belichick would have some outstanding gameplan devised to shut Owens and McNabb down. Remember the AFC Championship last year? Manning looked amazing, throwing 8 touchdown passes, 0 INT's, over 700 yards passing and at least 60% of his passes completed I believe. Plus, Marvin Harrison and James had to be stopped ... and they were.
New England is too solid of a team. They are the essence of a "true" team ... they won't lose in the post season.

Guitarmaster said:
It's nice to see my team Denver doing well. I miss Clinton Portis greatly, and still long for the glory days with Davis, Sharpe, and Elway. :erk: Ah well, I agree they might make it to the Wildcard playoffs, maybe even the Divisional but no further.
A FELLOW BRONCOS FAN!!!!!!!

I miss Portis too, and i also long for the days when the names John Elway, Terrrell Davis and Shannon Sharpe were synonomous with not only the Denver Broncos but also "WINNING". I can see them hitting AFC wildcard, but like last season, won't go much further than first round, maybe second, but not the Super Bowl. But for now, it's great to see them win!

AntonCrowley_16 said:
Dont you mean Staley? fucking traitor :yell: .....and of all the teams....Stealers :yuk:
I didn't correct him because my favorite back in the league is Deuce McAllister. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with Duce Staley and I love him as well.... he is a great Steeler, but with the OL The Steelers have Deuce McAllister would be a GOD !!
Well in three weeks, Phily and The Steelers will square off, but to be honest, I don't understand the your disdain for The Steelers. Though they are in the same state, there is no big rivalry there.

Bryant

> A self-defined Atheist

Self-defined religious type that fails to see how religion should be
involved in politics.

Guitarmaster said:
I always thought I was the only metalhead that was a huge NFL fan ... nice to see I'm not. Fuck college by the way.

Hmmm... no offense, but not fuck college !! I love Bama and SEC football as well.

Here is the deal...... I can understand that jocks and metal-heads didn't get along in high school is one of the reasons metal-heads and football didn't click, but get real !! It's violent and extremely complicated.... which am I talking about ? metal or football ? ..... both !! I am not a "sports" fan. I live in Alabama, but I rarely watch Nascar (unless I catch the last twenty laps or so) baseball, or whatever. Football is just different. If I had to choose between metal and football, I would choose metal, but it wouldn't be something automatic. There is no substitute for football, metal music, beer, internet and sex. If I have to do without one of them for too long, I am not a nice guy. I get depressed after the Superbowl.

Bryant

Walter_Langkowski said:
What proffesional sport are you talking about? Baseball is ending soon so there wont be anything on for anothersix months... :Spin:
Walter..... when you finally make it to a Prog Power..... I am going to give you a negative noogie !! All my friends get a noogie. You get a hard one that lasts until my knuckle feels like I have rubbed all of the skin off of it. Bad Walter !!!

Bryant

Bryant said:
> A self-defined Atheist

Self-defined religious type that fails to see how religion should be
involved in politics.

Guitarmaster said:

Hmmm... no offense, but not fuck college !! I love Bama and SEC football as well.

Here is the deal...... I can understand that jocks and metal-heads didn't get along in high school is one of the reasons metal-heads and football didn't click, but get real !! It's violent and extremely complicated.... which am I talking about ? metal or football ? ..... both !! I am not a "sports" fan. I live in Alabama, but I rarely watch Nascar (unless I catch the last twenty laps or so) baseball, or whatever. Football is just different. If I had to choose between metal and football, I would choose metal, but it wouldn't be something automatic. There is no substitute for football, metal music, beer, internet and sex. If I have to do without one of them for too long, I am not a nice guy. I get depressed after the Superbowl.

Bryant

Hey, small world man. I live in Alabama also. I agree, don't fuck college all the way, I do enjoy SEC games and am a fan of the Crimson Tide. But, nothing quite gets me going like Sundays do. The NFL is fucking sacred. I'm with you I always look forward to the Super Bowl Sunday, it's like a holiday here, but when it ends I do get depressed for those long months without the NFL.
Metalheads disliking football because of the jocks in highschool is silly. Jocks aren't in the NFL, it's pros ... and it's just a great game overall.

Yeah good to see another Denver fan too, Wicked. I don't know too many at all. I yearn for the return of a dynasty damn it!

Bryant said:
I didn't correct him because my favorite back in the league is Deuce McAllister. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with Duce Staley and I love him as well.... he is a great Steeler, but with the OL The Steelers have Deuce McAllister would be a GOD !!
Well in three weeks, Phily and The Steelers will square off, but to be honest, I don't understand the your disdain for The Steelers. Though they are in the same state, there is no big rivalry there.

Bryant
I have my doubts about the Steelers beating the Eagles, but if it happens, I will be thrilled. This will be more tape on "how" a team beat them & usful, come playoff time...

Bryant said:

Bryant
I just really really hate the Steelers.......and cant stand the coach......hes a fucking winer

I'm a Steelers fan, and we have the Patriots next, which is going to be a tough task.

I've gotta tell ya, Rothlisburger and Staley have been great offseason acquisitions for us. I've been very impressed with the way they and our offense has played so far this year. Our defense isn't quite there yet - we are kind of weak against the run - we lost Kendrell Bell early and just lost Casey Hampton, and those two guys are probably our two best defensive players.

Poison God Machine said:
I'm a Steelers fan, and we have the Patriots next, which is going to be a tough task.

I've gotta tell ya, Rothlisburger and Staley have been great offseason acquisitions for us. I've been very impressed with the way they and our offense has played so far this year. Our defense isn't quite there yet - we are kind of weak against the run - we lost Kendrell Bell early and just lost Casey Hampton, and those two guys are probably our two best defensive players.
I hope the Steelers come out with a win at the end.
I'm so sick of the Patriots & "sloppy seconds" Bill...:yuk:
I imagine when he leaves New England, he'll wind up in Dallas,
taking over something that he didn't have a hand in creating...

sixxswine said:
He has way too many meltdowns & always plays the victim...
That said, he has the best team he has ever had, ever...

Hmmm..... Bill Cowher has the best QB and WR he has ever had (Ward might end up being the best in Steeler history,) but the defense isn't anywhere where it was in the mid 90's with Carnell Lake, Rod Woodson, Greg Loyd, Levon Kirkland and Kevin Greene.

Bryant

Poison God Machine said:

Two players that have surprised me have been Kimo and Deshea. Kimo is frankly old, but since his shoulder surgery before the start of last season, he has been a different player. Deshea is short and he is not fast, yet he is the best corner The Steelers have had since Carnell Lake. He is so smart and instinctive. If he had the physical tools of our village idiot Chad Scott, he would be a shut-down corner.

Bryant

sixxswine said:
I hope the Steelers come out with a win at the end.
I'm so sick of the Patriots & "sloppy seconds" Bill...:yuk:
I imagine when he leaves New England, he'll wind up in Dallas,
taking over something that he didn't have a hand in creating...

I hate The Patriots, but right now, there is not even a close second to Bellichick's coaching and philosophy. Say what you want to about him, but I honestly believe he is the best football coach in the world right now since it seems age may be catching up to DeBerry.

Bryant

Well, ATL got their asses handed to them by of all teams the Chiefs?!
I didn't think they'd be tougher to beat than the Chargers!
Well, up next is the Broncos @ Denver...
I'm not looking forward to that game, at least they no longer have Elway.
They do have Plummer, he's a fairly good...