NFL 2008

Eagles at Giants (-4): Eagles to win and ATS

Ravens at Titans (-3): Ravens and obviously against the spread

Cardinals at Panthers (-10): Panthers to win, Cardinals ATS

Chargers at Steelers (-6): Steelers to win and cover

Btw if you are a loser and didn't watch the BCS title game last night I just wanted to post this hit that Major Wright landed on Manny Johnson in the first quarter of the game.

Fucking. Ow. Major Wright should be charged with assault on that hit. My fucking god. That was one of the hardest hits I've ever seen. Props to Johnson for bouncing right back up after that, but you know he was feeling it. It's almost as bad as the Darrell Reid hit on Chris Henry last year.

:lol: ow

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it really sucks that the Pats didn't make it into the playoffs with their record. They are one of very few teams to ever not make the playoffs with an 11-5 record. Now all I can hope for is that neither the Giants nor the Steelers win the Super Bowl. Both teams won the Super Bowl relatively recently, and I hate both teams for obvious reasons. I wouldn't mind if Carolina or Philly wound up winning it all. Both teams lost a Super Bowl relatively recently and then it would have been their turn to win.

It was a good game. I thought at first that OU had the upper hand, but Tebow was just too good in the end.

I'm surprised at the number of people picking the Eagles of the Giants.

It's the sexy pick right now just because the Eagles are on a roll but I'm picking them for a different reason. I think the loss of Plax, Strahan, and Osi are going to catch up with them in this game and Philly is going to come out and just take over the game ala the Giants-Boys divisional game last year.

This is the first game that's meant something for the Giants (with the exception of Carolina) in a while. I think a lot of people are underestimating the Giants because of how they finished up the season, but, especially with Jacobs back in the best shape he's been in for a while, I really don't see the Eagles being able to stop the Giants.

This didn't seem to hurt them during the season. I think the home field advantage gives the Giants the big edge. It's hard to win in that stadium in the playoffs.

It didn't seem to hurt the Colts when Harrison, Freeney, Rob Morris, and Booger McFarland all went on IR for the season but the Colts still finished the season 13-3. They lost in the playoffs to the chargers in the divisional round after a first round bye because they couldn't really stop the run (Freeney-Booger), couldn't establish a pass rush (Freeney), hindered in the passing game (Harrison even though he played for a few snaps, but fumbled once and basically had to stop playing because he wasn't healthy). That shit came back to bite them in the end, and I just see the same thing happening here.

Except that both Tuck and Kiwanuka would have been starting anyway if they'd been on the Giants before Strahan and Umenyiora were. Seriously, Tuck and Kiwanuka this year are just as good as Strahan and Osi were last year. I like Tuck more than Osi anyway. Obviously Burris is a huge loss, but the focus will be on the running game. They still have Toomer, Smith, Hixon (yes, he dropped a big pass. It happens sometimes), and Boss, and Ward catches a lot of balls and tacks on YAC. The only problem I see the Giants having because of the loss of the players you mentioned is, obviously, Plaxico not having double coverage on every play, but I don't think that is really make-or-break. Hell, I could be wrong, but I don't think so, and I'm pretty confident that the Giants will win.

The Giants didn't record a sack in either game against the Eagles. If you can't get pressure on Donovan, you're going to have some trouble.
As for stopping the Giants... Missing Plaxico makes this a completely different team to gameplan for. Jim Johnson was the guy who stated this, and started the Giants in the semi-funk they've been in. I don't see the Giants scoring more than 13 points.

Of course, with my recent track record of predictions, I wouldn't be surprised to see New York throw up 70.

They're a run first offense, definitely, but they're run game was accentuated by teams having to constantly commit coverage to a very underrated Plaxico. Now, with no real threat at the receiver position (they have a few nice players, but you don't have to gameplan for any of them... especially when Eli is throwing them the ball) you can stack 8 in the box to stop the run.

The only thing you said that was true there (aside from the disgruntled Cowboys fan part :p) is what Manning is a Super Bowl champion. He's not "much better" than Tony Romo. I'm not even sure I would say he's as good. He's certainly not top notch by any means, and this is coming from a Giants fan. He was pretty much completely garbage before the post-season last year, for starters.

Eli is not even close to being the centerpiece of the Giants. Romo is far more instrumental to the success or failure of the Cowboys than is Eli.