NFL 2008

You realize that nobody thinks it's inventive, clever, or amusing when you do the combining words thing with the Cowboys or Romo, right?

Romo came out of the backup QB ranks to turn the Cowboys around. Period. I've already ranted about how the fault in the offense is Garret and Wade, not Romo, TO, or Roy Williams. You simply hate the Cowboys, and are talking out of your ass without really examining the trends and patterns in the failure of the offense. The offense underperforms because Wade doesn't push them and Garret draws up simple plays and simple schemes that an experienced DB or defensive coordinator can see through. There are no tricks, no wrinkles, no intelligence. There's just reliance on talent, and pure talent can't carry this or any team into success in the playoffs. Period.

I am by no means a Giants fan.

Matter of fact I hate them. But how can you say "especially when
Eli is throwing them the ball?" That makes no sense.

He's a much better QB than Tony Blowmo.

Eli is a top notch quarterback and a SB Champion.

Sounds like a very disgruntled Dallas Cryboys fan to me.

What everyone else said.
Manning is a serviceable, maybe slightly above average QB. He is in no way a threat to single handedly win a game.
Say what you will about Romo, but if Eli was in his place, Dallas might have won 6 games this year. That's not to say Romo is great, but he's better than Eli, that much I can say.

And why do you feel like you need to do the retarded combining words thing? It's so fucking stupid. It's an immediate indicator of whose opinion I should disregard.
And yes, I'd say this if you directed it toward any team.

edit: And Eli had Plax... whose better than any receiver the Cowboys have. One of our pro bowl receivers came in half way through the season, and was never in the flow of the offense. I know it all sounds like it's just a waste of time before the season, but there's something to all that training camp shit they do.
Now, mind you Roy's detriment, and let's examine the receiving corps of each team, shall we?
Cowboys:
T. Owens
R. Williams
P. Crayton
M. Austin

Giants:
P. Burress
A. Toomer
S. Smith
D. Hixon

Really? Romo has that much of an advantage?
2nd WR is the only one that seems in the Cowboys' favor.. and I think we discussed that one.
The only other position I see that's better is TE, and Witten was playing severely injured for most of the season... and Kevin Boss isn't exactly terrible, either.

Fuck I hate OU... Take an opportunity you don't deserve and embarrass your conference. Way to go.

I liked and called THE GATORS as well.
There was no way Tebow was going to lose this game...he took over in a big way in the 2nd half. Gators defense is plain sick to hold that OU offense to only 14 points. OU has more talent than I thought and they certainly held thier own for a while. A letdown yes, maybe not a complete embarrassment to thier conference?

I say and wish if only the Gators and the Trojans could tee-it-up next week. I think these are the two best teams this year...USCs defense is phenominal. Yes SEED, like FLA, I think USC would take care of OU and or Texas as well.

USC certainly faced enough stiff competition to prove that.

And Tebow didn't win that game. Yeah, he played well in the 2nd half, but when a defense holds a team that scores almost 55 points per game to 14, your defense won it.

God, I can't wait to see Tebow fail in the NFL.

Don't let the schedule fool you...USC has more skill and pure physical talent than those big XII teams IMO. How did USC do against Ohio St. as oppose to Texas who barely won in the closing seconds against Ohio St. Not saying Tebow won the game, but he is unmistakenly the leader of that team and seems to inspire every player...he played a good part in that win. Of course, the Gator D-was the story.

And who the fuck ever said anything about Dilfer?

I did, since you made the erroneous arguement that a Super Bowl ring automatically proves "amazingness". Dilfer and Eli are the most current examples of how wrong that opinion is.

By the way, you solidify my argument with your stat link.

Eli is only 6 spots behind Blowmo and he has no top notch receiver.

Tied for 14th in the league is pretty mediocre. Especially when someone named Seneca Wallace outperformed you with NO receiving talent. You're just a phanboi for GAYLI. :Smug:

You realize that nobody thinks it's inventive, clever, or amusing when you do the combining words thing with the Cowboys or Romo, right?

I have to step in right here and disagree with this statement. Every time I read or make a word combo/modification with the intention of mocking the Cowgirls, I am amused...and I think I speak for more than just myself. amirite? I mean, otherwise it would not keep happening...:lol:

I'm 1 for 1 in Weekend NFL predictions, about to be 2 for 2 and the Chargers beat the Steelers and the Eagles beat the Giants. Then I'll be 4 for 4. :)

Man, who would have thought both the Cardinals and Ravens would be going to the championship game. God I love the NFL except when the Colts lose and the Patriots and Chargers win.

edit: And fuck the Titans, I hate when they win too.

I always knew Carolina was overrated as fuck. I hate Baltimore and their dirty play, they shouldn't have won that game.

Tennessee got jobbed pretty bad on that missed delay-of-game call. Certainly Baltimore could have converted on 3rd and 7, but they'd have a lot more work to do. I really don't see how delay-of-game calls get missed, or why the NFL doesn't have an NBA-like system with a buzzer. Delay-of-game is missed frequently. It seems like there's about a one second grace period. The whistle is just about never blown the instant the play clock hits zero.

That's because it's not supposed to be considered a delay if the click hits zero as the center hikes the ball. I agree they could do a better job at officiating it but meh. The play clock is pretty annoying most of the time anyways.