NFL 2008

Who was Porter talking about when he said "not what he once was?" And honestly, if he was running his mouth like that and Peyton owned him, I'd laugh, but I wouldn't hate on him like you are doing.

Cmon you'd be hating.:)
also, check my last post edited and named with some guys that I'm sure the NFL would rather have representing so to speak...think you'd agree.

God I hope so... Unfortunately, they just lost Kyle Kosier for the season. That, and we have to play in New York if we go to the playoffs.
I'd love to be a homer and say it will happen, but New York is just a great team, and I just don't see it from us this year.

Though the way the season has played out, it has been almost ironically similar to the way it happened last year... just with the teams switched.

Mathiäs;7828321 said:
Peyton doesn't look right this year. Those surgeries still haven't healed.

Statistically he isn't having a very "Peyton" year. However in actuality, he is the reason the Colts are 7-4 this season and are the #1 wildcard team at the moment.

Homerism aside, I think Manning is the MVP by far.

edit: Here's a pretty good article my friend Brad wrote stating why Manning should be MVP.. This just happens to be one of the few articles I agree with him on (he's the biggest Colts homer in the world and has a hard time making statements without being a hypocrite or just not making sense).

Though the way the season has played out, it has been almost ironically similar to the way it happened last year... just with the teams switched.

This is exactly what I have been thinking lol

I didn't know Kosy was out for the season now though, that hurts. Our O-Line was noticeably better when he was in.

The only reason Dallas has looked as bad as it did during that stretch was layback defense and a slew of offensive injuries, with Romo being that big one since Brad Johnson basically handed St Louis that win as well as the Giants.

The defense is stepping up now especially with Wade more involved, and Romo is back.

Terrence Newman coming back is almost as big as Romo. He means so much to the defense.
Good news on the Kosier injury is that Holland will get the start instead of Cory Procter. He's a lot more of a physical force than Procter... who isn't really a force at all. According to one of the Dallas columnists, Holland probably would have started before, but he had something in his contract about playing a certain number of snaps for a bonus, and now that he's past that, they are more comfortable with him than Procter.

I don't really care whether or not he gets mvp or not. My point was that he looks off to me, like there isn't any zip on his passes and he can't manage the clock.

I think the more Williams gets comfortable with Romo , the "take TO out" strategy is going to fail opposing defenses. Williams has MUCH better hands than TO. Witten is still not 100% either, but his grit is impressive, like taking that shot he got Sunday and coming back in a few plays later, and having a broken rib all this time but playing anyway.

Really wish we had Felix though, was exciting when he was on the field, dude seemed to just glide past defenders.

I like Brees and all, but no. Peyton is better.

You give Manning receivers like Moore and Henderson and you'll see what we're seeing from Brees this year most likely. You give Brees receivers like Wayne and Harrison and you'll see something that would shame the Pats '07 offense.

You give Manning receivers like Moore and Henderson and you'll see what we're seeing from Brees this year most likely. You give Brees receivers like Wayne and Harrison and you'll see something that would shame the Pats '07 offense.

You lick Brees' balls way too much. Jesus Christ, he's a good QB, but damn, he's not a god or anything. He has so many yards this year, because he's in a pure passing offense and they're always playing from behind thanks to their offense.
Colston, Moore, Henderson, Shockey, Thomas, and Bush make for pretty good targets. Hell, even Billy Miller is a quality receiving tight end.