NFL 2008

god dammit. Im going to lose this week in fantasy.
Why cant Dallas Clark and Manning actually play football this year?
At least Green Bay lost, now if the Bears could actually play well and win tonight. That would be great

the my pals throws the shittiest passes every time i see him. Throwing into that coverage to throw a pic when the game is on the line aggrivates me. he needs to learn that he doesnt have favres arm and he cant throw a 90 yard bomb at will like brett did.

90 yard bomb... yeah... that.
He had to do something. There is no possible way you can blame Rodgers for their season. Not when they've given up 51 and 35 in back to back weeks.

the my pals throws the shittiest passes every time i see him. Throwing into that coverage to throw a pic when the game is on the line aggrivates me. he needs to learn that he doesnt have favres arm and he cant throw a 90 yard bomb at will like brett did.

Are you a fucking moron? He had a great game!

90 yard bomb... yeah... that.
He had to do something. There is no possible way you can blame Rodgers for their season. Not when they've given up 51 and 35 in back to back weeks.

Exactly.

Mathiäs;7839342 said:
No, I'm not saying he's average. Statistically he's fantastic. But put him in a different situation where he has to scramble or shed defenders, and he is mediocre. He is a pocket qb.

Understood.
My liking for him has for the most part been the intangible stuff with some stats thrown in. More recently and now that he has had some real receivers the stats have become even more appealing and a factor.

Yeah, so the Steelers defense is FUCKING good.

Have you ever seen a game with this many dropped passes provided by both teams? They were dropping passes like a boatfull of drunken sailors dropping pants in a whorehouse. I mean the weather was a little nasty but jesus christ these two teams are accustomed to playing in these crappy conditions. Its not even like they were playing in a driving snowstorm.

I didn't get to watch the game, unfortunately, since I live in NJ and I don't have any super special sports packages for cable. I've been lucky enough to see as many Steelers games this season as I have, and I follow the games I can't see online.

It was so bad I'm beginning to wonder if it was an issue with the oils that are used to lube the footballs or something...I think this has been an issue in the past? I mean we're talkin 5-ft. dump passes, drops for easy would be touchdowns and or interceptions. Maybe it was just flukey, the actual weather, or simple lack of concentration.

Yes the Steeler D- is very tough...unlike my Pats who can't make a big play to save thier lives esp on third down or redzone...save for Vrabels big INT early on. Pats really miss Adalius Thomas who was having a monster year til injured...as well as some other defenders. Thomas is irreplaceable in that he can cover quick receivers downfield, provide sacks and stop the run.

^ @ KD
I knew this and was thinking more along the lines of a manufacturing thing that teams even with thier own supplied balls not recognising until after the fact. I could be reaching...I'm sure it was the other factors mentioned...like players really suckin!

10-6
10...to...fuckin...6? what was that? Was it really that ugly, or a good game...I didn't get to see it.

Just got back from the Jets-Broncos game. Holy fucking shit does tailgating in the cold fucking rain for hours suck ass or what. There was a steady rain all fucking day from the time I left my house until the time I got home. The fucking Jets showed their true colors today by sucking ass all game long. Fuck this team. Why couldn't my dad be a fucking Giants fan, football would be so much more enjoyable.

You'll have chill in your bones for about 3-days.

"fuck this team", my how quickly things change? even the studio / commentators guys were saying "forget what we said about the Jets last week-being great and a possible SB team"?

Relax man...my fuckin Pats didn't take advantage of a Jets loss. Mangina and the fuckin Jets may yet still take the division.

eh my point is all the confidence I had in this team is gone. They were fucking horrible today. I have no confidence that they can win a playoff game unless they play the Ravens.

The Jets are simply like many teams in the NFL this year...inconsistent and average. This year thats not a bad thing...you just need to be healthy and playing well in about 3-weeks. Lets not forget the Giants last year...at one-point not even considered a playoff team and then they got hot at the right time. How'd that workout.

How can you say that about this man. Quietly one of the best and toughest receivers in the league.
The fact that he got up and they didn't have a wake and funeral right then and there on the field for him shows how tough he really is.:)