NFL 2008

Face it, there are no fans in football more annoying than Cowboys and Patriots fans, except Eagles fans.

This is quite true. It's funny how all the Patriots fans (Zeph, CC, Life Sucks) have been absent from this thread during the Pats off-season. No die hards here except for Maze.

And I hate looking at Orton. That beard is fucking disgusting.

What do people find annoying about Cowboy fans?
I mean, other than the fact that we like the Cowboys while everyone else hates them.
I actually get a lot of people who come to the stadium from other teams tell me that we are the most respectful fans of any stadium they have been to.

I hate the Cowboys, and subsequently hate their fans (not you personally, obviously), but they are no where near as annoying as Pats fans are. Whenever any team has long periods of success, their fans get annoying.

I fucking hate the Cowboys for beating the Packers every time they played in the championship games. I personally don't have anything against them besides that, but then again I don't know many personally. Pats fans are pretentious, arrogant, asshole fans for the most part.

Mathiäs;7844529 said:
Pats fans are pretentious, arrogant, asshole fans for the most part.

Just when I started to feel better.:lol:

Honestly, when I'm in here it seems like a dogfight at times but can be enjoyable, and any arrogance is (for the most part:)) unintentional on my part. Maybe I'm just older than most in here and wonder should I even be posting? Sure thier are obnoxious fans everywhere young and old, but I think its the younger and newer Pats fans that have come "late to the party" so to speak. Could be said for other fans of Boston teams as well. People that have seen nothing but recent success and act arrogant...I don't consider these people real sports fans.

Guess I come from the old-school crowd that grew up loving all four teams wether they're good or bad. Our parents made us watch and we all played sports. I remember some games-sitting on those metal bench seats freezin your ass off in the old Patriots piece of shit stadium...watching 2-14 teams. Many of us are now parents who tell young ones to appreciate what you are watching its not always going to be rosey. Good fans who have witnessed heartbreaks and jubilation and have appreciated thier teams success. My problem is I'm old-school but act like a kid.:lol:

Honestly, when I'm in here it seems like a dogfight at times but can be enjoyable, and any arrogance is (for the most part:)) unintentional on my part. Maybe I'm just older than most in here and wonder should I even be posting? Sure thier are obnoxious fans everywhere young and old, but I think its the younger and newer Pats fans that have come "late to the party" so to speak. Could be said for other fans of Boston teams as well. People that have seen nothing but recent success and act arrogant...I don't consider these people real sports fans.

Guess I come from the old-school crowd that grew up loving all four teams wether they're good or bad. Our parents made us watch and we all played sports. I remember some games-sitting on those metal bench seats freezin your ass off in the old Patriots piece of shit stadium...watching 2-14 teams. Many of us are now parents who tell young ones to appreciate what you are watching its not always going to be rosey. Good fans who have witnessed heartbreaks and jubilation and have appreciated thier teams success. My problem is I'm old-school but act like a kid.:lol:

Fuck, try being a Cowboy fan.
Where everyone is either on your side, or they just fucking hate you. There are way more Cowboy haters.

yes, yes...lots-a-hatin goin on.

jeez...the Jags are inept. Is there a more disappointing team this year than them?

Probably overhyped...but 4-8 not even a sniff of the playoffs. They do have some talent and esp in the year of mediocrity in the NFL...they had a good chance to do something and are failing bigtime. Not that I'm upset about it or anything. hah!

You know I wasn't talking about you in my post. Have to say, I love seeing your team fail though.

:lol::lol:
I miss Favre in GB. 0-9 in Texas Stadium. Those were the days.
Do you remember the Jason Garrett game?

Fuck yes, don't remind me. This is why I'm glad to see Brett gone, Aaron will be better anyway if he can avoid injury. If Brett was still in GB we'd be like 3-8 right now, he can't function without an offensive line and no defense. A-Rod can though.

Mathiäs;7845352 said:
Fuck yes, don't remind me. This is why I'm glad to see Brett gone, Aaron will be better anyway if he can avoid injury. If Brett was still in GB we'd be like 3-8 right now, he can't function without an offensive line and no defense. A-Rod can though.

It was crazy, even if Favre played well, our offense would become absolutely unstoppable. It was like a curse... I mean Jason Garrett randomly comes in and throws for 300 yards :lol:. What are the fucking odds?

On a side note, with there being so many Favre-esque characteristics in Tony Romo, I really hope we aren't saying that about him in 10 years. Hopefully he can tone down the turnovers and win some playoff games, so we won't have to worry about that.

Yeah here's the seeding:

1. Me 11-2
2. Mort 10-3
3. Ozz 8-5
4. Ack 8-5
5. Tasmanian Devils 7-6
6. Seed 7-6

Mathias would have made it in this week but I beat him, thus knocking him out of the playoffs (lol).

First two seeds have a bye week this week. The first round of the playoffs provide these matchups:

(4) Ack vs. (5) Tasmanian - Winner faces me

(3) Ozz vs. (6) Seed - Winner faces Mort

I made it into my public league playoffs, mainly thanks to smart FA pickups. Out of all my drafted players, the only ones left are Rivers,Witten,Grant, and S.Moss, and Grant is on the bench.

Fortunately I got my hands on guys like Slaton, L.Moore, E. Royal etc.

As far as Cowboys "hysteria" goes, I am tempered until this Cowboys-Steelers game. I think that will show where the 'Boys actually stand now. If they can win, and preferrably put up 24-28+ points in the process, I think you can say the Boys are back.