NFL 2008

Mathiäs;7845352 said:
Fuck yes, don't remind me. This is why I'm glad to see Brett gone, Aaron will be better anyway if he can avoid injury. If Brett was still in GB we'd be like 3-8 right now, he can't function without an offensive line and no defense. A-Rod can though.

One thing I agree with you on. So sick of the Favre worship by every sports analyst in America. When GB played Dallas last year, I was pissed Favre went out. Rodgers played 10x better, actually made a game of what started to look like a rout while Favre was in there wingin the ball all over the place.

GB fans need to move on, the GB front office made the right move by going with Rodgers.

Yeah here's the seeding:

1. Me 11-2
2. Mort 10-3
3. Ozz 8-5
4. Ack 8-5
5. Tasmanian Devils 7-6
6. Seed 7-6

Mathias would have made it in this week but I beat him, thus knocking him out of the playoffs (lol).

First two seeds have a bye week this week. The first round of the playoffs provide these matchups:

(4) Ack vs. (5) Tasmanian - Winner faces me

(3) Ozz vs. (6) Seed - Winner faces Mort

Well isn't that some shit

Mathiäs;7845352 said:
You know I wasn't talking about you in my post. Have to say, I love seeing your team fail though.

I know...you said suck for the "most part". :err:

I hope you mean fail in general? Cause this season 7-5 ain't bad with all the injuries. Overall I'm surprised in a good way...though at times the Pats have been frustrating to watch, esp on D-.

I think the best chance to make the playoffs is to beat out the Ravens (who have a tough schedule) for the final spot. Pats schedule is not too tough.

Yeah, just like the Packers this season, you suck.

edit: w/<3

:lol:, Colts are gonna be at home just like the Packers. Might take an extra week, but that's it.

I know...you said suck for the "most part". :err:

I hope you mean fail in general? Cause this season 7-5 ain't bad with all the injuries. Overall I'm surprised in a good way...though at times the Pats have been frustrating to watch, esp on D-.

I think the best chance to make the playoffs is to beat out the Ravens (who have a tough schedule) for the final spot. Pats schedule is not too tough.

Cassell will not carry the Pats far in the playoffs, if they even get there.

Mathiäs;7848900 [I said:
Cassell will not carry the Pats far in the playoffs, if they even get there[/I] .

I'd be ecstatic if they actually make it. Just get in baby and see what happens. Belichick has been the master of getting his teams to peak late...this year though it may take a miracle cause they won't be healthy.

I had zero faith in Cassell when he took over but he's been better than expected. Didn't expect to hear Cassell and potential playoffs even in the same breath nor did I expect to hear Cassell being named twice AFC offensive player of the week either...this atleast showed at times he can play very well. Now if they make the playoffs (a pressure he has never experienced as a starter), obviously he may be more likely to struggle?

They just re-signed R.Colvin...not the player he once was but he will help.

Cassell did well because of great coaching and good play calling. Plus they have all of the other tools in place.

True, the coaching and system was already layed out for him and it was the only way he was going to succeed. Though he still has to execute and manage the game and he has done this well. J. Mcdaniels pulled back the play calling...early on, it was more "don't fuck it up and lose the game for us". As Cassell grew more confident, they started to open it up a bit more and he played a big part in actually winning games. Its fucked because Cassell hasn't been a problem...its been the Pats inept D- at times. I thought for sure it would be the other way around?

This is gonna be a great year for NFL. A tie (which is rare) and the first team to ever go 0-16, awesome. Anything else I'm forgetting to mention?

edit - Not to mention the Bengels (who are 1-10-1) beat the giants (11-1) which makes no damn sense when they could of gone 19-0.