NFL 2008

The Rams at least have some semblance of talent on their team. The Lions have to be the sorriest collection of talent that I have ever seen in the NFL. I think there are at least 5 college teams that could beat the Lions right now. That is in no way a joke, there might be more than 5 that could beat them.
Detroit v. University of Texas would be a game I would watch, most definitely.
On a neutral field, I would have the Longhorns at -3.

lol, no college team can contend with an NFL team.

It's not as strong as the rest of the Steelers' D (other than Polamalu, who is pretty much just a freak... I swear, it's like there's 5 of him out there) and it's definitely not strong enough to cover the Cowboys' weapons for any length of time if they can't get pressure. Tbh, I think this game comes down to the Steelers' pressure and ability to cause turnovers. If Dallas commits less than 2 turnovers, I think they win.
I can see a Choice fumble and a Romo INT being the 2 turnovers, and thus my prediction of a Steeler victory.

You know that the Cowboys have not played a good team with Romo back yet, right?

Similar to Dallas? Oh, no Dallas are just criminals and headcases.
Oh yay, another retard.
Displaying your ignorance before you even reached double digit posts... nice.

Mathiäs;7857636 said:
lol, no college team can contend with an NFL team.
Apparently you haven't looked at the Lions' roster lately. The Longhorns and the Sooners would each have the better QB and OL, and the Sooners would even have the better RB. The talent on the Lions is just atrocious, there are possibly 3 or 4 legitimate starters on that entire team, it's absolutely pathetic. I don't think Florida or Alabama would have a chance, but I think UT and OU would have a legitimate chance to pull it off.

Mathiäs;7857650 said:
You know that the Cowboys have not played a good team with Romo back yet, right?

Washington is a pretty good team, and they beat them on the road. As for the other 2, they may be bad, but we absolutely dismantled them. Regardless, you can't argue about the weapons they have... or the fact that before Romo went down (without Roy Williams) they were still a top offensive team.

And besides... I predicted they would lose and only score 10 points, it's not like I'm talking about how great they are. I just think that they have a legitimate chance to win the game Sunday.

Heres why the Gators wouldn't beat the Lions: If that were the case the Lions would get rid of all their players and sign the Gators, or any other team that you listed.
The NFL is all the best of college. The majority of the Gators won't play in the NFL. There is a reason.

Edit: Is Heat Mizer back?

Heres why the Gators wouldn't beat the Lions: If that were the case the Lions would get rid of all their players and sign the Gators, or any other team that you listed.

I'm going to assume the whole "get rid of all their players" comment was a joke. It would be impossible for the Lions to do that, besides that, the management overseeing the Lions operations has proven for oh, about 508259825985 years they are too fucking stupid to do anything right.

The Gators would indeed crush the Lions, and I can't believe you people would think otherwise, just because they are in the NFL. Football is the consummate team sport, the Lions have no team. They don't even really have talented players aside from Calvin Johnson.

The NFL is all the best of college. The majority of the Gators won't play in the NFL. There is a reason.

Dear god, um, NO. Half of the Colts roster is filled with cast-offs who were deemed in every way conceivable not NFL material but yet a majority of them wear an NFL ring. The NFL is in no way, shape, or form "the best of college." Every heard of Vince Young? Ryan Leaf? Peter Warrick? Tony Mandarich? Brian Bosworth? Akili Smith? Lawrence Phillips? Heath Shuler? Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana, Curtis Enis, Bruce Pickens, Andre Ware, Todd Marinovich, Charles Rogers. I could go on all day.

I don't think so. Florida has beaten absolutely no one. They've only played 2 top 25 teams, and they lost to one of them. The other is a 3 loss 19th ranked Georgia team. I think Alabama is going to beat them tomorrow.

@dakryn
Do you think the Lions wouldn't be starting Sam Bradford right now if they could? The NFL doesn't allow teams to just sign guys from college, that's why we have the draft.
I bet if you had a fantasy draft right now, OU would have about as many players picked as Detroit would... not to mention the disparity between the talents of the QBs is incredible. I mean earlier in the year they were starting Dan Orlovsky... who was a slightly above average QB at Uconn a few years ago. It's not like the Lions are loaded with blue chippers, here.

Also, both OU and Texas' coahcing staffs are miles ahead of Marinelli and his band of misfits.

edit: @ drunkard- I think Vince Young will still be a quality player in the league, once he gets on a team that gives him more than Justin Gage to throw the ball to. Kerry Collins is playing better than Vince because he's a game manager, unlike Young, who is a playmaker and needs some sort of talent around him to assist him. That team has such a good defense and are built around the run on offense, so a game manager is more effective than a guy like Vince.

About the best players in college thing... take the Cowboys-Steelers game...
Dallas' best player is an undrafted QB out of a division I-AA school, and Defensive POY candidate James Harrison from Pittsburgh is an undrafted LB out of Kent State.

I don't do this often (never), but I'm guarunteeing a Florida win tomorrow. And not only that, if they win, and by if I mean when, I guaruntee they'll beat OU in the BCS title game. Guarun-fucking-tee it.

edit: bitch

Alabama's defense is suffocating, and their running game potent enough to keep the ball out of the hands of Florida's offense... who is already suffering, considering it looks like Percy Harvin won't play tomorrow.

That offense doesn't revolve around Harvin, it revolves around Tebow. Besides, the Gators defense is better and faster than Bama's. It's going to be a good game and tight early, but Florida will blow them out in the second half.

What? Florida is just as good if not better than UT and OU.

This I agree with.
The Gators and the SEC are always loaded with physically talented made for the NFL players.

However, the training, experience, systems, coaching, physical abilities etc will always favor the worst NFL team over any NCAA team.

Ya know what, I say tee it up. This years NCAA champ should play a game against the NFL's worst team. Call it the "SO you think you could take my job punk?"-BOWL
:lol:

:lol::lol:
That would be great.

Florida's offense does revolve around Tebow, but losing they're #1 skill guy is going to kill them, especially with how effective Harvin is.
I just don't see it in Florida... they have beaten no one, and the SEC is not very good this year.