NFL 2008

I expect more intelligent answers of you, Drunkard.
That notion is ridiculous. If that were true, then why is Oklahoma getting a shot and not Texas? Why isn't Alabama getting a shot? They only lost once.
What about Texas Tech? They beat Texas, who beat Oklahoma. What about Boise State or Utah? They haven't lost at all, they've done everything they possibly can, and they don't get a shot.
The regular season is what it is... the regular season.

Please stop equating everything that happens in college or what I say about college football to the NFL. I didn't mean playoffs in the sense of single elimination. In college football you need to literally play your best every week and impress as many people as you can. Padding stats, running up scores, and most of the shit NFL teams would get killed for the next week for doing must happen in college football. That's just the way it is. I mean yeah, I'd probably prefer a more traditional post-season like a playoff. But sadly the BCS isn't going anywhere so what's the point in bitching about it? Adapt and overcome.

Oklahoma is getting a shot because neither Texas nor TT won their conference. And please, Boise State and Utah would get obliterated in the NC game against the teams I just mentioned and most of the SEC teams and no one wants to see that. It's bad enough that shit teams like Ohio State make it there 2 years in a row and get ass raped by 1 loss teams.

I do adapt, I mean I don't abandon college football. I still watch every single game I can.
Texas and Texas Tech didn't win their conference because of the BCS system. And how do you know Boise State and Utah wouldn't have a shot? Boise State beat OU in a BCS game a few years ago. Utah beat TCU, who put up a good fight against OU earlier this year. You never know what these teams could do on a neutral field, because you'll never see it happen, and when it has the mid-major has won 2 out of 3 times.

Just for shits and giggles, this is my playoff system proposal...
6 team playoff determined by the BCS top 6, regardless of conference.
First 2 teams get a first round bye, and BCS games rotate every year. (Fiesta and Orange in the first round, Sugar and Rose in the second round, then the BCS NC).
Conference Championship games would be made mandatory for every conference, and they would be the top 2 teams in the conference regardless of division. I think UT-OU would have been much more exciting and meaningful than OU and Mizzou.
2 more Bowl games could be created to make it where the same amount of teams in bowl games.
It would create more revenue and interest in college football, considering that there would be more than one game that anyone gives a damn about. The extra conference championships would make up for the money that other teams are losing by not playing in the BCS, and you keep the prestige of #1 and #2 by giving them first-round byes. If you start these games 2 weeks after the conference championships, you would finish the playoff by the time the championship is played now.

I do adapt, I mean I don't abandon college football. I still watch every single game I can.
Texas and Texas Tech didn't win their conference because of the BCS system. And how do you know Boise State and Utah wouldn't have a shot? Boise State beat OU in a BCS game a few years ago. Utah beat TCU, who put up a good fight against OU earlier this year. You never know what these teams could do on a neutral field, because you'll never see it happen, and when it has the mid-major has won 2 out of 3 times.

Oklahoma wasn't very good that season. There's no way Boise State could have beaten Florida that year, or even Ohio State for that matter.

Just for shits and giggles, this is my playoff system proposal...
6 team playoff determined by the BCS top 6, regardless of conference.
First 2 teams get a first round bye, and BCS games rotate every year. (Fiesta and Orange in the first round, Sugar and Rose in the second round, then the BCS NC).
Conference Championship games would be made mandatory for every conference, and they would be the top 2 teams in the conference regardless of division. I think UT-OU would have been much more exciting and meaningful than OU and Mizzou.
2 more Bowl games could be created to make it where the same amount of teams in bowl games.
It would create more revenue and interest in college football, considering that there would be more than one game that anyone gives a damn about. The extra conference championships would make up for the money that other teams are losing by not playing in the BCS, and you keep the prestige of #1 and #2 by giving them first-round byes. If you start these games 2 weeks after the conference championships, you would finish the playoff by the time the championship is played now.

Cool.

Wow, that's horrible. I remember reading very early in the season that Matt Bryant played despite his wife losing their baby prematurely earlier in the week. I can't even imagine which would be worse.

Matt Cassel might not play this week. His dad died. I know a lot of players still play, but I wouldn't expect them to if they didn't feel they could.

I gotta keep an eye on this because I have Welker starting.

The Dad was 57 and just fine...had some shoulder surgery or something recently, that was it. Just up and died...sad and horrible.

I want to know who "anonymous Cowboy player" is, and why he isn't cut. To placate the media and create a distraction like this, that clearly could have been kept and solved in house, is just absolutely unbelievable. I'm not in the Cowboy locker room, so I don't know if there is an actual rift or not, but it's clear it's something that TO was not going to the media with, as he didn't even talk about it once it came out.
It's just fucking ridiculous that this shit came out at a time like this. There is no reason for it. Were it not for the Giants recent struggles, I would be calling this a season killing distraction.
Luckily the Giants HAVE been struggling over the past few games, and winning solves everything.
20 points in the last 7 quarters, with 7 of those being gift points on a blocked field goal.
Averaging 1.5 sacks a game over the last 5, after averaging 4 over the first 8.
Missing their 2 best offensive weapons (Burress and Jacobs) against a defense that suddenly looks like a top defense.
According to Jim Johnson (Eagles' D-Coordinator), without Burress, the Giants are a completely different team. You can stack 8 in the box to stop the run, because they have no significant downfield threats, and Burress is a match-up nightmare, due to his size and speed. Missing him makes their running game seem somewhat less impressive, and the absence of Jacobs just adds to that.
Perhaps the Giants have hit a road block, much like last year's Pats and Cowboys. Dallas could be hitting them at the right time.

Fortunately there are only 2 more days for this to be discussed before game day. I can only hope that Romo and Owens will come out and say all the right things tomorrow in press conferences, and then it just comes down to winning on Sunday. Win Sunday, and no one cares about this crap.

And cut "anonymous Cowboy player" for putting this shit out there in the first place. Fucking retard, I hope his name gets revealed somehow. I personally think it's Patrick Crayton. He does quite a bit of talking, and the way the things were said sound like the way he talks. If it is, I think Miles Austin would do fine as a 3rd WR. He doesn't spew shit that doesn't need to be said outside the locker room.