NFL 2008

Fuck, I can't believe that I lost my first playoff game in the league I've been first place in ALL YEAR. To the 7th ranked team in the league too fucking, if I started Dallas' D I would've won too - but who starts them over the Titans D haha.

I kicked ass in the UM league though! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK RICK! YOU'RE GOING DOWN!

You can't just demote someone... it doesn't work that way. Either he stays, or he goes. If they get to the SB this year, I support Wade... if not, they underachieved and he can suck my balls.

lol Wow. Give the guy some time would ya?

Fuck, I can't believe that I lost my first playoff game in the league I've been first place in ALL YEAR. To the 7th ranked team in the league too fucking, if I started Dallas' D I would've won too - but who starts them over the Titans D haha.

I kicked ass in the UM league though! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK RICK! YOU'RE GOING DOWN!

Bring it on guerilla tits.

If anyone cares, the UM fantasy football playoffs went down like this in the divisional round:

Me vs. Ack: 292.62 - 192.43
Ssssssssmmookedddd, and I still have DeSean Jackson to go. Assuming he scores 8 points for me, this will be the second time my team has scored over 300 points and the only person to do it all season. :):):):)

Ozz vs. Mort: 196.74 - 266.08

Finals now are obviously me (12-2) vs. Mort (11-3). Should be a good match considering I did beat him in the regular season.

Boy, you guys sure are right about our defense being terrible. Especially our secondary... Terrence Newman is garbage.

And what the fuck are you talking about, Mathias? What call did we get the benefit on? There was the one terrible call on the PI on Newman at the beginning in the 1st quarter. Other than that, the game was called pretty well, imo.

Also, can I get some consideration for D. Ware for defensive player of the year? There's a good chance that he sets the single season sack record this year.

edit: HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!!!!!!!!
We thrive on those of you who hate us. Seeing you cringe when we win is a very rewarding experience.

The defense has been really good last two games, now 'a joke' is way to harsh, that would really only apply to like Detroit or whatever, but did you really feel that the Cowboys had a good Defense all year? I didn't see it and I was surprised to see them #8 in YPG allowed.

Because you forget how many points were allowed off int/fumble/short fields because of Johnson and Bollinger playing.

TBH, if you wanted to make a Most VALUABLE Player award case, Romo would be legit, because look how valuable he is to Dallas. They can't do shit without him. But of course that isn't how MVP voting is done.
It should be called "Most Awesome Personal Stats" Award.

MVP is a league award tbh, not a team award. But yes, being valuable to your team is included as apart of the award.

The only players in the MVP race right now is All Day Adrian Peterson, Michael The Burner Turner, and Seyton fackin Manning.

Warner shit the bed this week, again, and never really deserved to be in the discussion.

No player has ever won the MVP award and not made the playoffs, so Brees is out now.

Eli shouldn't be in the conversation because his running game and o-line (except for last night) are just as valuable as he is.

Favre has been shitting the bed all season.

After that, there is no one else.

How does Peyton deserve to be in this conversation? Warner has clearly had a better year.

and of course ELi is garbage, he has been getting undue fellating since the Giants miraculous 2007 season ending which was really not because of any amazing play by him.

Adrian Peterson should probably get it if we are going off of most awesome personal performance.

Well let's see here:

1. Peyton has a lot less turnovers than Warner.
2. Peyton actually shows up in big games and doesn't pad his stats in scrub time when the Colts were getting blown out like Warner has done.
3. Peyton has single-handidly won about 6 games this season.
4. Without Peyton, the Colts wouldn't have been in position to rack up a 5th straight season with a winning straight of 7+ wins. They've won 10+ wins in 7 straight years, and 9 out of the last 10. Peyton has lead the Colts to be best red zone efficiency in the league, and considering he is basically calling the shots on the field, that's pretty impressive.

Basically, there hasn't been a player in the NFL since Manning came in '98 that has been more crucial to a team's success than Manning, especially this year. Now can you say the same about the other candidates?

Here's a quote from the only respectable writer at ESPN (emphasis mine):

4. Manning, Colts hitting stride
In case you haven’t noticed, Peyton Manning is getting hot as the weather gets cold. In Sunday’s 31-21 victory over the Lions, Manning completed 28 of 37 passes for 318 yards. Over the past four games, he’s completed 75.3 percent of his passes. The Colts, meanwhile, have won seven in a row and appear to be heading toward the fifth seed in the AFC playoffs. Slowly, Manning is gaining momentum in the MVP race, but he’s competing against Kurt Warner, Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees and others.

There is an interesting dynamic working for Manning and the Colts that has slipped under the radar. Manning needed only nine offensive possessions to score 31 points against the Lions. If you are wondering why the Colts’ offense isn’t posting big numbers, it’s because of Manning’s efficiency. In 14 games, Manning has had a league-low 134 drives. He’s converted 36 for touchdowns, meaning he’s orchestrating a touchdown drive on one of every four possessions. He’s sacrificing stats to keep his defense rested.

Manning is also doing a lot of his work without the running game. Joseph Addai was out Sunday because of a shoulder injury. Dominic Rhodes chipped in with 86 yards, but the Colts are among the worst rushing teams in football. Manning is tuning up his offense, getting it ready for the playoffs. Watch out.

Funny how Manning is working with a paltry running game, but yet the Colts are on another 7 game winning streak and have a 95% chance of making the playoffs. Unlike Drew Brees who has and insane amount of passing yards this year but was eliminated from the playoffs thursday, and Warner who lead the Cardinals to the playoffs only due to being in the shittiest division in the league. Need I say more?

The defense has been really good last two games, now 'a joke' is way to harsh, that would really only apply to like Detroit or whatever, but did you really feel that the Cowboys had a good Defense all year? I didn't see it and I was surprised to see them #8 in YPG allowed.

With the exception of the Giants game (where the offense was just as responsible for the points as the defense) their defense has been great since the Tampa Bay game. They've allowed 4 TDs in their last 5 games. It doesn't matter who your opponents are with stats like that, that's incredible. The Cowboys defense is top 10 and maybe top 5 defense now, imo. They're definitely the best at pressuring the QB.
And like I said, if Demarcus Ware doesn't win defensive player of the year, or even get consideration for it, then that award is a joke.

Here's a quote from the only respectable writer at ESPN (emphasis mine):

Funny how Manning is working with a paltry running game, but yet the Colts are on another 7 game winning streak and have a 95% chance of making the playoffs. Unlike Drew Brees who has and insane amount of passing yards this year but was eliminated from the playoffs thursday, and Warner who lead the Cardinals to the playoffs only due to being in the shittiest division in the league. Need I say more?

There is no way Manning should be in the conversation. He's great and the best QB in the league, but that defense has carried them through a few crucial games.
How do you not include Matt Ryan in the MVP candidates? He has completely turned the Atlanta Falcons around, and they're not going to give the award to a RB when the QB has played like he has.

Btw... you seem a tad confident given the fact that your team has seriously struggled with Cleveland and Detroit the last 2 weeks. I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but I would just temper the excitement a little bit... the Colts might be in more trouble than you think.

Demarcus Ware doesn't have a "good" chance of breaking the sack record. He has a reasonable chance. There's only two fucking games left.

And yes, he should be in the running, but I don't think he should win.

I'm going to assume I'm the only person on this forum who thinks the Santonio Holmes touchdown was actually a touchdown, so I'm not even going to bring that up. Except for just now.

I thought it was pretty clearly a TD. On the replay they drew a line through the goal line and it clearly went through the ball in his hands. I didn't understand any of the controversy, the ref got it right... and now everyone wants to stop instant replay.

And I give Ware a 50% chance to break the record. He needs 4 in the last 2 games, and if he can get help on the other side of the line (like he did last night) I think the record is well within reach.

There is no way Manning should be in the conversation. He's great and the best QB in the league, but that defense has carried them through a few crucial games.
How do you not include Matt Ryan in the MVP candidates? He has completely turned the Atlanta Falcons around, and they're not going to give the award to a RB when the QB has played like he has.

Btw... you seem a tad confident given the fact that your team has seriously struggled with Cleveland and Detroit the last 2 weeks. I'm not saying it's the end of the world, but I would just temper the excitement a little bit... the Colts might be in more trouble than you think.

So...Manning shouldn't be considered even with the evidence I provided, but Romo should because the Cowboys beat the Giants? Come on, let's get real here. The Colts drove on the Browns basically all day, they just couldn't get it in the end zone (which is rare this season considering the stat I posted on the last page). Manning, like I stated earlier, single-handidly beat the Vikings, Patriots, Texans (second meeting), Chargers, Steelers, and Lions. How does that not qualify him for MVP? You're going to have to come up with a better argument than, "Well the almost lost to the Browns and the Lions."

Matt Ryan has played good yes, but he hasn't played great. Their horse all season long has been Michael Turner and everyone knows this. He'll probably end up winning rookie of the year, but not MVP. He'd need an insane statistical season for him to win MVP as a rookie, which he doesn't have.

Yes I'm a tad confident. I have a number of reasons to be confident. The defense, not including yesterday's game because Dungy rested a lot of defensive players, which also explains the 21 points the Lions scored, has been playing phenominal, and the offense is finally playing up to snuff. The Colts have already gone on the road and beat (arguably) the best team in the AFC, so why shouldn't I feel confident in the Colts chances? What problems are you talking about? Brackett will be healthy in a couple more weeks. Sanders is finally healthy and just taking it easy until the playoffs. Manning is finally playing like the Manning of old, and the offense is clicking in just about every aspect except the running game, which really isn't as bad as advertised. What am I missing here?

Almost losing to the Browns and Lions had nothing to do with the MVP part of my argument. I just don't think Manning is going to win the MVP. He hasn't had a stand out season... especially in comparison to his previous years with all the insane numbers.
And I said Romo should be considered if they make the playoffs... which they haven't done yet. If they win their last 2, I don't know how you can't consider Romo if it truly is the most VALUABLE player. After that 3 game debacle, and how incredibly better they are now that he's back. He deserves to be in the conversation (just like Manning), but I don't think he should win (just like Manning).
The Browns and Lions thing was about your team... maybe you should temper the talk of them being the best team. The Cowboys stomped the other best team in the NFC last year, and then faded like the Colts have these past couple of weeks.. and look what happened to us. When Manning plays in Pittsburgh next time, the weather isn't going to be quite as friendly. I'll take Pittsburgh in that match up.

IMO the Colts get slaughtered in 7 degree weather by Pittsburgh.

Although I think M Ryan wins Rookie of the Year hands down, saying MVP is hard because he does have Turner in the backfield to take the pressure off.

KD, you have Peyton bias, face it. You give Brees: Harrison Clark Wayne and Gonzalez and he would put up better numbers