NFL 2008

Rodgers should be there over Manning. Also Pennington should be in over Favre, he's proven to be a bigger acquisition.

I've got to think Michael Turner or Peyton Manning are the best candidates for MVP thus far. But if Atlanta tumbles out of the playoffs, Turner drops out of the race. Manning has had fewer weapons this year, and rebounded from injuries to lead his team to likely a 12-4 record. Adrian Peterson could be considered with a two more wins/big games. Andre Johnson has been awesome, but it's hard to see a winner from a non-playoff team.

I've got to think Michael Turner or Peyton Manning are the best candidates for MVP thus far. But if Atlanta tumbles out of the playoffs, Turner drops out of the race. Manning has had fewer weapons this year, and rebounded from injuries to lead his team to likely a 12-4 record. Adrian Peterson could be considered with a two more wins/big games. Andre Johnson has been awesome, but it's hard to see a winner from a non-playoff team.

Andre Johnson is a goddamn beast man. I know, the Colts play him twice a year. If the Texans decided to get a quarterback who isn't made out of glass, or one that doesn't constantly win games for the other team, the Texans could easily be a 10-6 or better each year. But yes as you stated, he won't win because the Texans aren't in the playoff race. It's almost a requirement to be on a team in the playoffs to win the MVP. I went through the list of MVP winners a couple weeks ago, and I couldn't find a single player who won it on a non-playoff team. Otherwise Brett Favre would probably have a few less and Barry Sanders would have a few more.

As you stated about Peyton's health problems, he had two surgeries a little over a month before the start of the regular season. That threw everything out of balance. His timing with Harrison had been non-existent since week 4 of the '07 season, and was off with the other receivers as well. He couldn't throw with power, and his accuracy was horrible. It didn't help that he was playing super cautious (not that I can blame him) as to not make his still healing wouds worse. But look at where he and the Colts are now. As you said, will more than likely end the season with a 12-4 record, in the playoffs, offense is running smooth as ever, and have a very good chance to win some upsets in the playoffs. Those are some pretty good arguments for why he should be considered the MVP.

...and when he does retire for real, you know ESPN will have him part of thier NFL today show. They'll just wheel him in the same chair right then and there, from the retirement podium to the NFL desk.:D

I finally got my power back (not that anyone cares) after the major ice-storm in the New England area. Almost a week without any power, heat or hot water, and of course no TV or PC...pure hell! Snow lastnite and of course 2-more storms on the way...jeez.:guh:

Pacman hasn't really shown himself to be a difference maker yet. I am much more interested in

Romo
Holland
Barber
Davis
Williams

these guys injury wise. Our defense rocks with or without Pacman.