NFL 2008

:

people seriously need to stop annointing this guy as the greatest thing since sliced bread when he hasn't proven anything yet.

Thank you!
Yes, Romo has much to prove before he can even be thought of as great. He is not terrible (SEED), he is what he is...simply a good QB with a bright future still ahead. Don't make him out to be great.

As you know my disdain for Peyton and the Colts is higher than anyone here.

He will however be considered for and may just win the MVP. This year though it'll be the "most valuable pedestrian" player...he just hasn't been his usual dominant self overall this year. He did have the injury early on and at times has had no help offensively. Though, at one point being 3-4 and was labelled as SI's "most disappointing player"...not the kinda stuff you see or hear from MVP type players. Add in the fact that no.12 for the Pats went down in game-1...I figured the keys were handed over to the door of the AFC title and it would be smooth sailing and an almost certain MVP for Peyton...not the case, so easily.

Bottom line, his value this year has been displayed and as important as ever...it has just been more of a grind this year. Thats what great players do wether its win pretty or ugly...they lead thier teams right into the playoffs no matter what.

@ KD : Note that I said I didn't believe Romo deserved in MVP either but he deserved it more than Peyton. Pay attention instead of slobbering all over yourself trying while trying to find all the different ways to type "P3YTON izah footb4ll GAWD!!!1!"

I am only bashing the Colts to bring them down off of the rediculous pedestal you put them on. I like Peyton. The comment on their defense was pointing out how bad their D looked against a very subpar team. Not exactly playing like a D that intends to go deep in the postseason.

Pay attention instead of slobbering all over yourself trying while trying to find all the different ways to type "P3YTON izah footb4ll GAWD!!!1!"

I am only bashing the Colts to bring them down off of the rediculous pedestal you put them on.

This is true...I fall on this side of the fence.

(as much as it pained me to make a half-ass arguement for Peyton as MVP?):D

@ KD : Note that I said I didn't believe Romo deserved in MVP either but he deserved it more than Peyton. Pay attention instead of slobbering all over yourself trying while trying to find all the different ways to type "P3YTON izah footb4ll GAWD!!!1!"

Regardless though, Romo isn't even in the conversation for a plethora of reasons, so why are you still comparing Romo to Manning? Seriously man, you clearly do not watch any other football games aside from the Cowboys because you keep pulling retarded stats out of your ass to support your opinions. I don't know if you noticed but, you are one of the very few people that doesn't think Manning is the clear cut MVP this season. Besides, Romo hasn't done a single thing this season to even be mentioned in the conversation, Manning has. Whether you want to believe it or not isn't my problem.

I am only bashing the Colts to bring them down off of the rediculous pedestal you put them on. I like Peyton. The comment on their defense was pointing out how bad their D looked against a very subpar team. Not exactly playing like a D that intends to go deep in the postseason.

sigh Wow...

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about because I'm one of the most humble fans around here. Any of these guys who post regularly in this thread know I don't talk out of my ass, except when I razz muzmaze. When have I ever put the Colts on a pedestal? You're going to have to show me a little proof because that accusation is completely bogus in my opinion. The only reason you are saying that is because I happen to share the same opinion that the majority of NFL fans around the country have. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

As for the defense comment, well to be honest it was a real dick move. Considering the Colts just locked up the 5th seed last night, I think you need to avert your attention to your boys because there's a good chance they won't even make it to the playoffs.

Besides, it's not like this is the first time the Colts defense has played bad in the regular season. The post-season is a completely different monster, not to mention all of the problems the Colts defense has are indeed fixable. 2006 ring a bell? Worst run defense in the league turns it around in the post-season and completely dominates the first two teams they faced. Let's not forget the Colts defensive captain still has yet to return from his leg injury. The defense is getting healthy, and I'm not worried.

^
Awwww Jeez...it must be Christmas time.

You as well, one of the best Colts fan I have...wait, your the only Colt fan I have ever encountered! MERRY FUCKIN CHRISTMAS! :lol:

You're gonna keep on hearing that until he wins a big game...which he has not. Will he? Eventually he will. Cowboys need help at WR. T.O. probably won't play much longer for them and Roy Williams is just another version of T.O... a malcontent.

The NFL media overhype machine with Romo(hell the cowboys too) is disgusting..We get almost all of their games here in Chicago. They mention Romo in the same sentences with Brady, Manning(s), Favre. What's next? Bradshaw, Montana and Elway...please. Romo isn't terrible but he hasn't won shit.

1st of all... Roy Williams a malcontent? I don't see that. When has he ever done anything to make you think that? I think he made a couple of comments while he was in Detroit, but what star player wouldn't? That's the worst team that I've seen in my life time, and maybe just down right the worst ever.

And you get the Cowboy games because they're the most popular team (positively or negatively), and they pull the largest rating share every game they play.

No, Romo shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Peyton or Brady, because those guys are hall of famers. He's mentioned along with Favre because that's the QB he most resembles with his style of play... though hopefully (and he has calmed down lately) he won't imitate Farve's turnover count as he gets more experienced.
Anyways... I hardly ever hear positive things about Romo. All I hear is how terrible he is in big games and in the clutch. I do know that as many games that he's lost for us, he's pulled that many out of the hat that we had no business winning.

romobutter.jpg

Regardless though, Romo isn't even in the conversation for a plethora of reasons, so why are you still comparing Romo to Manning? Seriously man, you clearly do not watch any other football games aside from the Cowboys because you keep pulling retarded stats out of your ass to support your opinions. I don't know if you noticed but, you are one of the very few people that doesn't think Manning is the clear cut MVP this season. Besides, Romo hasn't done a single thing this season to even be mentioned in the conversation, Manning has. Whether you want to believe it or not isn't my problem.

Romo hasn't done a single thing this season to be considered huh? Apparently the only Cowboys game you watched was the Pittsburgh one, and considering he was still playing with a injury to his throwing hand in 7 degree weather against the #1 defense he played pretty good for 3 quarters.

To play the "the majority here" card for Manning is disappointing. I am not saying Peyton isn't a great QB, he has had a good year and he is a HoF QB without a doubt. What he is not, is legit MVP candidate for this year.

sigh Wow...

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about because I'm one of the most humble fans around here. Any of these guys who post regularly in this thread know I don't talk out of my ass, except when I razz muzmaze. When have I ever put the Colts on a pedestal? You're going to have to show me a little proof because that accusation is completely bogus in my opinion. The only reason you are saying that is because I happen to share the same opinion that the majority of NFL fans around the country have. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

As for the defense comment, well to be honest it was a real dick move. Considering the Colts just locked up the 5th seed last night, I think you need to avert your attention to your boys because there's a good chance they won't even make it to the playoffs.

Besides, it's not like this is the first time the Colts defense has played bad in the regular season. The post-season is a completely different monster, not to mention all of the problems the Colts defense has are indeed fixable. 2006 ring a bell? Worst run defense in the league turns it around in the post-season and completely dominates the first two teams they faced. Let's not forget the Colts defensive captain still has yet to return from his leg injury. The defense is getting healthy, and I'm not worried.

Your insistance on fellating Peyton to MVP worthiness for the 2008 season is my basis for this, and as far as D goes: 2008 is not 2006. Peyton getting the MVP would be more unjust than Eli making it to the Pro Bowl this year.

I would wait to count the Cowboys out until after the Baltimore game. They are much hotter right now than any other NFC team except Carolina and maybe Atlanta/Philly.

The problem is that we'll probably have to play in Philadelphia for a playoff spot in the final game... I'm not too excited about that...
So, I need a Redskins' jersey for this weekend. If they can beat Philly at home, they can lessen the burden of that game.

Romo hasn't done a single thing this season to be considered huh? Apparently the only Cowboys game you watched was the Pittsburgh one, and considering he was still playing with a injury to his throwing hand in 7 degree weather against the #1 defense he played pretty good for 3 quarters.

To play the "the majority here" card for Manning is disappointing. I am not saying Peyton isn't a great QB, he has had a good year and he is a HoF QB without a doubt. What he is not, is legit MVP candidate for this year.

Your insistance on fellating Peyton to MVP worthiness for the 2008 season is my basis for this, and as far as D goes: 2008 is not 2006. Peyton getting the MVP would be more unjust than Eli making it to the Pro Bowl this year.

I would wait to count the Cowboys out until after the Baltimore game. They are much hotter right now than any other NFC team except Carolina and maybe Atlanta/Philly.

I'm about to end this conversation unless you actually start contributing to it aside from your "nuh uh" argument. I'm trying to understand why you think he shouldn't be the MVP aside from "Romo's stats are better" and "because I said so." Seriously, it's a simple question: why?

I like how you equate me bringing up Peyton for MVP as me putting the Indianapolis Colts on a pedestal. I wasn't aware that 1 player = 53 total players + the coaching staff, management, and the ownership.

I'm about to end this conversation unless you actually start contributing to it aside from your "nuh uh" argument. I'm trying to understand why you think he shouldn't be the MVP aside from "Romo's stats are better" and "because I said so." Seriously, it's a simple question: why?

I like how you equate me bringing up Peyton for MVP as me putting the Indianapolis Colts on a pedestal. I wasn't aware that 1 player = 53 total players + the coaching staff, management, and the ownership.

Yeeeesss, the reason I think he shouldn't be MVP is because "Romo's stats are better". :rolleyes: I'll just drop it as well, since you clearly can't see past any time I have typed Romo to the rest of my points, or adequately analyze impacts from other position players etc. Peterson should be MVP bottom line, and a better case could be made for Ware (especially if he sets the season sack record), and 3-4 other QBs over Peyton.

Don't get your hopes up. The Redskins are horrible.

At least we agree on something. I think the Redskins have given up on their coach/the season.

Yeah.. I know... that' why I said a few pages ago that I still think we'll miss the playoffs. I'm still hoping, though.

And Dakryn... let me do this for you.
The MVP should be given to the guy who is most indispensable to his team. The guy that, if you removed him from that team, that team would drop off to being a mediocre to terrible team from being a contender.
We saw for 3 games exactly what the Cowboys are when Tony Romo is not the starting QB. Not only his offensive talent, but his leadership and creative plays get the team fired up, and we are a completely different team when he is not there. If you take the MVP as the Most VALUABLE Player, as it should be, Romo is as deserving as anyone this year.
Here is a simple breakdown...
We are 8-2 with wins against Philadelphia, New York, and on the road in Washington (who was in the playoff race at the time) when we have a healthy Tony Romo.
We are 1-2 with a 20+ point loss to a bottom 3 team in football (St. Louis), a 20+ point loss to a division rival, and a very narrow win in which we only totaled 172 yards of offense. A total that is the lowest in franchise history in a game we won. In fact... we didn't go over 200 yards of offense at all without Tony Romo, while we routinely go over 300 when he is in there.
I threw out the Arizona game for this because he was hurt in the first play of overtime. He then promptly missed 2 wide open passes because he couldn't throw with a broken finger. There's a good chance we go down and score on that drive (considering our momentum) if he's not hurt.
If you are true to the award's name, Romo is as deserving a candidate as anyone.
I do think that the award will be given to Manning, and deservedly so after his last few performances. It's clear the Colts would be in the same class as Romo-less Cowboys were it not for Peyton. Adrian Peterson is the only other guy in the league you can make a case for right now, because I think Minnesota would have 3 or 4 wins right now without him. I don't think Gus Frerotte or Tavaris Jackson are going to put you on their shoulder and carry you to victory.