NFL 2008

So, Sammy Baugh died today...
I don't know if anyone cares, but he was kind of important.
First guy to ever throw the forward pass on a regular basis.
RIP to a great legend who changed the game.

RIP "Slinging" Sammy Baugh...who got the nickname while playing 3rd base for TCU. I thought he got the name while playing football.:err:

Once threw for 4 TD.s and intercepted 4 passes in the same game.

peytonmanning.jpg
= MVP

Peyton Manning is 10th in the league even after tonight. You are high if you think Peyton deserves the MVP. Or maybe just a retardedly biased Colts fan.

Peyton Manning is 10th in the league even after tonight. You are high if you think Peyton deserves the MVP. Or maybe just a retardedly biased Colts fan.

10th in the league in what? And honestly, if you don't think Peyton Manning deserves it over anyone else right now then you really don't know anything about football.

Well at least someone agrees with me. That game last night symbolized the entire Colts season. They were jumped on from the start and down 14-0 early as Peyton rallied the entire team from behind once again and they come out with a win. The Colts would be 4-11 right now if it weren't for Peyton. That's the epitome of an MVP.

Well at least someone agrees with me. That game last night symbolized the entire Colts season. They were jumped on from the start and down 14-0 early as Peyton rallied the entire team from behind once again and they come out with a win. The Colts would be 4-11 right now if it weren't for Peyton. That's the epitome of an MVP.

Well if we want to go with favorite team bias I could argue the Cowboys would be 1-13 right now without Romo. Romo makes a much more logical candidate for MVP than Peyton does ( not that I think Romo should be MVP either). I would go with Peterson.

Btw that was 10th in Quarterback rating for Peyton(actually the stats didn't update with the game, but then again we haven't seen what other QBs do in Week 16. He is now 7th before anyone else plays), and even with Romo missing some games due to injury, playing injured, and not having played for week 16, he is beating Peyton in most categories.

Oh yeah, kudos to a championship defensive effort by the Colts D :rolleyes:

Well if we want to go with favorite team bias I could argue the Cowboys would be 1-13 right now without Romo. Romo makes a much more logical candidate for MVP than Peyton does ( not that I think Romo should be MVP either). I would go with Peterson.

Btw that was 10th in Quarterback rating for Peyton(actually the stats didn't update with the game, but then again we haven't seen what other QBs do in Week 16. He is now 7th before anyone else plays), and even with Romo missing some games due to injury, playing injured, and not having played for week 16, he is beating Peyton in most categories.

Oh yeah, kudos to a championship defensive effort by the Colts D :rolleyes:

Don't be a stats jockey. I hate stats jockeys. Statistics only tell a small portion of the story.

Don't be a stats jockey. I hate stats jockeys. Statistics only tell a small portion of the story.

This is true, however if you look at the Cowboys offensive dip between Romo playing this year and not playing, PLUS the fact that he is STILL beating Peyton in a lot of areas despite missing games/playing with an injury on his throwing hand, there is a much better case for Romo than Peyton.

:lol: Yeah because Peyton didn't have his own injury problems right? Point is, the Cowboys don't even know if they'll make the playoffs this year. Peyton didn't choke away a game in Pittsburgh like Romo. And I can't believe you are trying to use Romo's passing stats as an argument for why he deserves MVP. No one in the league is throwing gaudy numbers this season except Brees, but that's only for yardage, but look at where the Saints are.

You are calling me out as a homer for claiming Peyton should MVP, and your best argument is, "Well Romo has better numbers!!! Seriously? Seriously? You don't think Manning deserves it at all, but yet you have no problem throwing Romo's name in there? owowowowrtoajedopgtaj

edit: I don't want you to think I'm hating on Romo. I think he's a good, could be great QB, but people seriously need to stop annointing this guy as the greatest thing since sliced bread when he hasn't proven anything yet. It just distrubs me that all of your posts are seemingly anti-Colts or anti-Peyton Manning. Like that little quip you made about the defense. What the fuck was that about?

Romo probably is leading the categories for most fumbles or crucial interceptions which led to a loss to the Cowboys :loco:

The only loss this season that you can put on Romo is the Pittsburgh game. Oh, and he has the highest 4th quarter QB rating in the league right now.

You just have anti-Cowboy bias and probably don't even watch the games. Romo could throw 50 TD passes and you would still say he's crap.

Speaking of which...I'm tired of all this "Romo can't win the big game" crap. This is his 2nd full season at QB, and the playoff loss last year was not even remotely his fault (not to mention the loss was to the eventual SB champs). Jesus Christ, give the guy a damn chance. He's set almost every Cowboy single-season passing record in his first full year as the starter. Other than the dropped field goal against Seattle (which had nothing to do with his QB skills... in fact he had his team in position to win a playoff game on the road against the defending NFC champions) what games has he lost for us?
Btw, how long did it take Peyton to go to the Super Bowl and shred the same tag? It was his 8th or 9th year as starting QB? But Romo lost playoff games in his FIRST 2 YEARS as QB, and he's terrible. Last I remember, the great Brett Favre only won 1 SB, and has played terrible in countless playoff games for GB... but he's a god.

/rant
Sorry, I've just heard this several times in the last few days on the local radio and ESPN, and it's getting really old.

Not to mention on the field goal bumble that he shouldn't have been holding the ball. That job is the backup quarterback's (which is why I twinge at every Cowboys field goal, because it means Brad Johnson is on the field...) and the team decided to keep him at that in order to keep consistency on the field goal unit.

The only loss this season that you can put on Romo is the Pittsburgh game. Oh, and he has the highest 4th quarter QB rating in the league right now.

You just have anti-Cowboy bias and probably don't even watch the games. Romo could throw 50 TD passes and you would still say he's crap.

Speaking of which...I'm tired of all this "Romo can't win the big game" crap. This is his 2nd full season at QB, and the playoff loss last year was not even remotely his fault (not to mention the loss was to the eventual SB champs). Jesus Christ, give the guy a damn chance. He's set almost every Cowboy single-season passing record in his first full year as the starter. Other than the dropped field goal against Seattle (which had nothing to do with his QB skills... in fact he had his team in position to win a playoff game on the road against the defending NFC champions) what games has he lost for us?
Btw, how long did it take Peyton to go to the Super Bowl and shred the same tag? It was his 8th or 9th year as starting QB? But Romo lost playoff games in his FIRST 2 YEARS as QB, and he's terrible. Last I remember, the great Brett Favre only won 1 SB, and has played terrible in countless playoff games for GB... but he's a god.

/rant
Sorry, I've just heard this several times in the last few days on the local radio and ESPN, and it's getting really old.

You're gonna keep on hearing that until he wins a big game...which he has not. Will he? Eventually he will. Cowboys need help at WR. T.O. probably won't play much longer for them and Roy Williams is just another version of T.O... a malcontent.

The NFL media overhype machine with Romo(hell the cowboys too) is disgusting..We get almost all of their games here in Chicago. They mention Romo in the same sentences with Brady, Manning(s), Favre. What's next? Bradshaw, Montana and Elway...please. Romo isn't terrible but he hasn't won shit.