NFL 2008

Almost losing to the Browns and Lions had nothing to do with the MVP part of my argument. I just don't think Manning is going to win the MVP. He hasn't had a stand out season... especially in comparison to his previous years with all the insane numbers.

That's a ridiculous argument for why he shouldn't win. MVP isn't about comparing last years stats to this years. If that was the case, Manning has been getting jewed for a long time.

And I said Romo should be considered if they make the playoffs... which they haven't done yet. If they win their last 2, I don't know how you can't consider Romo if it truly is the most VALUABLE player.

I'll tell you how, that little choke job he did last week in Pittsburgh. Yet another example of Romo coming through in the clutch.

After that 3 game debacle, and how incredibly better they are now that he's back. He deserves to be in the conversation (just like Manning), but I don't think he should win (just like Manning).

You still haven't given me a good reason as to why Manning shouldn't be in the consideration. But you are correct about Romo.

The Browns and Lions thing was about your team... maybe you should temper the talk of them being the best team.

I never said they were the best, don't start putting words in my mouth. I'm not the one throwing my favorite team under the bus one week and then claiming Romo should be in consideration for MVP (the strings attached don't really matter), and how the defense miraculously turned it around and are like the best in the league.

The Cowboys stomped the other best team in the NFC last year, and then faded like the Colts have these past couple of weeks.. and look what happened to us. When Manning plays in Pittsburgh next time, the weather isn't going to be quite as friendly. I'll take Pittsburgh in that match up.

The Colts haven't faded the last couple weeks, what the hell are you talking about? How are the Colts fading?

Also, why are you comparing anything the Cowboys have done to the Colts? The Colts have actually won a few playoff games in the past decade tbh.

IMO the Colts get slaughtered in 7 degree weather by Pittsburgh.

Last I checked, Pittsburgh has to play in the same weather as the Colts, and their running game isn't exactly worthy of the label "smashmouth."

KD, you have Peyton bias, face it. You give Brees: Harrison Clark Wayne and Gonzalez and he would put up better numbers

What is with you guys? Did you google weakest arguments for anything that has to do with the Colts and decide to start using them all at once? Brees has a bunch of weapons at his disposal too. That argument is lame man.

What's happening here is, you guys are claiming I'm being a homer, but clearly neither of you have watched the Colts or have the slightest clue to what Manning does for the Colts.

Last I checked, Pittsburgh has to play in the same weather as the Colts, and their running game isn't exactly worthy of the label "smashmouth."

Yeah but it's historically proven that dome teams do not play well in adverse outdoor conditions. It's being used to them that matters.

I'll tell you how, that little choke job he did last week in Pittsburgh. Yet another example of Romo coming through in the clutch.

His receiver wasn't where he was supposed to be, how is that Romo's fault? Do you even watch the games or just read ESPN?

What is with you guys? Did you google weakest arguments for anything that has to do with the Colts and decide to start using them all at once? Brees has a bunch of weapons at his disposal too. That argument is lame man.

What's happening here is, you guys are claiming I'm being a homer, but clearly neither of you have watched the Colts or have the slightest clue to what Manning does for the Colts.

Peyton is a HoF QB no arguement. But we are talking about this year, and whether the MVP was awarded based off of how valuable the player was to the overall team's success, or just based off of an amazing personal year, Peyton is not in the conversation for that award this year on either count.

Edit: Oh yeah, and btw I have at no time thrown my "team under the bus".

Yeah but it's historically proven that dome teams do not play well in adverse outdoor conditions. It's being used to them that matters.

Nice argument. Good to see it has nothing to do with how well a team is playing or can play. It's all about what field they play on half of the season, awesome.

His receiver wasn't where he was supposed to be, how is that Romo's fault? Do you even watch the games or just read ESPN?

I watched that game live and I've seen the replay of that play about 2359823958295 times. If you think Witten ran the wrong route then you're delusional. Romo clearly overthrew him.

Peyton is a HoF QB no arguement. But we are talking about this year, and whether the MVP was awarded based off of how valuable the player was to the overall team's success, or just based off of an amazing personal year, Peyton is not in the conversation for that award this year on either count.

I know, I am talking about this year, what are you talking about? You have to be a complete idiot if you don't think Peyton Manning is vital to the Colts success, especially the Colts success this year. Plain and simple.

Edit: Oh yeah, and btw I have at no time thrown my "team under the bus".

Check my quote brother, I wasn't even talking to you.

Nice argument. Good to see it has nothing to do with how well a team is playing or can play. It's all about what field they play on half of the season, awesome.

So you are disregarding acclimatization or even home field advantage? You cannot be serious. Even the military recognizes the need for climate adjustment for peak physical performance.

I watched that game live and I've seen the replay of that play about 2359823958295 times. If you think Witten ran the wrong route then you're delusional. Romo clearly overthrew him.

No, Witten slipped on the one play and didn't even turn on the other. Don't know what you are looking at.

I know, I am talking about this year, what are you talking about? You have to be a complete idiot if you don't think Peyton Manning is vital to the Colts success, especially the Colts success this year. Plain and simple.

Congratulations for stating the obvious. The point is that he has not been more vital to the Colts than other more outstanding players in the league have been to their teams throughout the year. Either from pure stats/wins, or from how the players presence has been obviously a make or break difference.

Check my quote brother, I wasn't even talking to you.

I didn't take it personally, but it is generally a shot taken at Cowboys fans which is probably deserved in a lot of cases, but no more so than any other team that has had any roller coaster experiences. /cough Eagles Fans

So you are disregarding acclimatization or even home field advantage? You cannot be serious. Even the military recognizes the need for climate adjustment for peak physical performance.

Homefield advantage, while nice, is severly overrated. I just think people use the whole "cold weather teams" crap as an excuse. If it's cold outside, it's cold. Just because you happen to play a couple more games in the cold weather doesn't automatically make you that much better. I mean fuck, the Jaguars beat the Steelers twice last year in Pittsburgh in the shitty weather and they are from FLORIDA. Drop that shitty argument already.

No, Witten slipped on the one play and didn't even turn on the other. Don't know what you are looking at.

I'm talking about the pick-6 Romo threw over Witten's head that iced the game for the Steelers. Go watch the highlights again.

Congratulations for stating the obvious. The point is that he has not been more vital to the Colts than other more outstanding players in the league have been to their teams throughout the year. Either from pure stats/wins, or from how the players presence has been obviously a make or break difference.

Yes, he has been, that's my point. Why don't you try convincing me that he hasn't been the main reason they are 10-4 right now and more than likely the #5 seed in the AFC instead of just saying "because I said so."

I didn't take it personally, but it is generally a shot taken at Cowboys fans which is probably deserved in a lot of cases, but no more so than any other team that has had any roller coaster experiences. /cough Eagles Fans

No, it was a shot taken at seed (albeit a friendly shot) because he pretty much did what I described.

Obviously the influence of cold weather is exaggerated, but if you think it has no bearing on play at all, then you're just being dense. Otherwise I agree with everything else you've said.

Obviously the influence of cold weather is exaggerated, but if you think it has no bearing on play at all, then you're just being dense. Otherwise I agree with everything else you've said.

No no no, I'm not saying it has no affect at all. I'm just saying it affects everyone. The cold sucks any way you slice it, but both teams have to play it in so there's no point in making it out to be an excuse. Though I will admit some teams are more tailored to play in the type of situation than others.

I don't throw my team under the bus, I just state what I think is wrong with them... fuck I still don't think they'll make the playoffs.
Just because I'm not sunshine and happiness, doesn't mean I'm throwing them under the bus. You mistake predictions and psuedo-analysis for not supporting my team. Romo should only be considered if we win out, because he'll have to be very good in order to do that.
Tbh, I'm not even saying that Manning shouldn't win. I'm just saying he won't for those reasons. If the award was true to its name Manning, Romo, Ryan, Turner, and Peterson would be the choices... as it stands, Warner will probably win it.

edit: and if you watch the Dal-Pit game, you'll realize how much more the weather affected Romo than Roethlisberger.

I don't throw my team under the bus, I just state what I think is wrong with them... fuck I still don't think they'll make the playoffs.

:lol: Fair enough.

Just because I'm not sunshine and happiness, doesn't mean I'm throwing them under the bus. You mistake predictions and psuedo-analysis for not supporting my team. Romo should only be considered if we win out, because he'll have to be very good in order to do that.
Tbh, I'm not even saying that Manning shouldn't win. I'm just saying he won't for those reasons. If the award was true to its name Manning, Romo, Ryan, Turner, and Peterson would be the choices... as it stands, Warner will probably win it.

Actually, Warner stands no chance at winning it. If he does win, then the award is a bunch of bullshit, although I'm not much of a fan of awards given out by sports writers to begin with.

edit: and if you watch the Dal-Pit game, you'll realize how much more the weather affected Romo than Roethlisberger.

Sure didn't seem to bother him until he won the game for the Steelers.

He played pretty terrible all game and his throws were offline the entire game.. it wasn't just that last throw. He had that one great play, but he was pretty bad all game long, and a lot of it was not forced by the defense. Roethlisberger's passes just looked cleaner and and more precise all game, especially on that last game tying drive.
Everyone I've seen talking about it still has Warner as the lead candidate. Though, maybe with Minnesota's thrashing of them this week, AD might have jumped him.

Me vs. Ack: 292.62 - 192.43
Ssssssssmmookedddd, and I still have DeSean Jackson to go. Assuming he scores 8 points for me, this will be the second time my team has scored over 300 points and the only person to do it all season. :):):):)

Dang, 192.43 to 305.47.

My "optimal lineup" (about 285) wasn't even close to enough to beat your 305.

Next year I am going to do much better!

So give up some tips on how you pick your starting lineup, dude.